Friday, January 04, 2008

Scammers Out in Force

Over the past couple of months, I've received probably at least 100 emails offering jobs (work-at-home scams), lottery winnings (lottery scams), inheritance that is based only on last name (inheritance scams), and plenty of Nigerian Scams.

The latter have changed tactics (which means the others might, soon, too), saying they've done what I asked and deposited the money somewhere, which will (of course) require money to get it out.

Remember, folks... Spam is Crap! And MANY of the more recent spam are scams or attempts to send viruses.

DO NOT ANSWER ANY SPAM WITHOUT CHECKING THEM OR THE MAIN DOMAIN OUT ON THE INTERNET, FIRST.

While I've gotten all those, I have not added them all to my site as I got them. However, I do have fairly recent ones there. Be sure to check out http://www.orangefrogproductions.com/ofp2s_scams_home.shtml, my scams home page, and its links.

While you're there, check out http://www.orangefrogproductions.com/ofp2s_home.shtml and its links. I cover Scams, Shams (Infomercials), and More Flim-Flams (Rumors/Urban Legends/Trivia Lists), most all of which I've received in emails.

2 comments:

sindy1232 said...

It really sounds like you have been "scammed" out of a lot of money because you are a very negative person with any kind of work at home business. It is very sad that you are so closed minded to various businesses. What is even worse is that you sure seem to spend a lot of time bashing on companies that, as you say, you have never been affiliated with. Strange for someone to spend that much time on something this he has never been hurt by.

BigDaddyBS said...

Nope... Never been scammed at all, that I know of, except for trusting certain people that my email address would NOT be sent anywhere.

So, you don't believe in consumer advocacy? Helping others protect themselves from scammers?

Remember, I said:

DO NOT ANSWER ANY SPAM WITHOUT CHECKING THEM OR THE MAIN DOMAIN OUT ON THE INTERNET, FIRST.

That means to CHECK THEM OUT. Make AN INFORMED DECISION.