Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Biggest Loser 2007

Interesting...

Some of the commercials shown during the two hour Biggest Loser season premier, this year were:

Domino's new Oreo Dessert Pizza

Arby's 5 Pepper-Jack Roast Beef sandwich deal

Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar

I probably missed a few, because I've gotten used to turning to my computer for the commercials.

These commercials may have been local, which means the network shows may not have control over them.

Yes, they had "diet" and healthy foods commercials, too, but don't you think the Biggest Loser (NBC), Fat March (ABC) and other weight-loss shows (including Montel, Dr Phil, Oprah, and other talk shows who run "specials" on weight loss) should pay attention to who is advertising during their time-slots? If they can't, don't you think the local stations should pay attention?

I know they can't control everything, necessarily, but I've seen this way too many times, and commented to my wife, my kids, and anyone else with whom we're watching, even over the internet (IM). I think it's strange ...

  • when "natural" proponents on a talk show have fast-food advertising...
  • when Dr Oz on Oprah talking about how fat is formed and what you SHOULD eat has fast-food and snack commercials ...
  • when someone's talking about how drinking ruined their life, and a beer or wine commercials is shown ...
  • when ... you get the idea

Local or national ads ... Ironic, ain't it.

-wds

No comments: