Wednesday, September 24, 2008

America's Got Talent 2008 - 09/24/2008 - The Finals

Tonight: Nuttin But Strings, Queen Emily, Neal E Boyd, Donald Braswell, and Eli Mattson. MAN will that be tough!

FYI: The live show was shortened by the Presidential Address.

All NBC Videos - America's Got Talent 2008
All YouTube Videos (770 videos for "America's Got Talent 2008")
All YouTube Videos (35 videos for "2008 America's Got Talent")
All YouTube Videos (8 videos for "2008 AGT")
All YouTube Videos (128 videos for "AGT 2008")

09/17/2008 Show performance videos from NBC s of the Top 10 who didn't make the Top 5 (Top 5 are listed with their reviews)
Kaitlyn Maher. The Wright Kids. Paul Salos, Jessica Price, and Joseph Hall

Two minute replay of 09/18/2008

All Pre-performance Videos and critiques by the judges are paraphrased. I'm decent at typing, but can't type THAT fast! ;-)

All performance videos, below, are from NBC

**

Nuttin But Strings
09/17/2008 - http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/clips/nuttin-but-stringz-91708/665721/
Pre-performance video: Performing one of the greatest songs they ever composed. Gotta perform tonight like they're performing in Vegas.
Performance: Their own song. Same as once before, at least. Full act behind them, fireworks, smoke, etc.
Critique: Standing Ovation from everyone, including the judges. Piers: What a start. I hope the President is still watching the show. There may be a lot going on in the country, but there's nothing wrong with a country that can take two guys from the subways, and bring them here. Unless I'm wrong, and one of the singers really pulls out all stops, I'm looking at the winners. Sharon: Every time you've played, you've done your own. How many do you have. (A LOT). I'll say what Piers said, but double it. David: I'll make it short: NUTTIN BUT VEGAS!
(It was one of the songs they've done more than once, but with a stage act behind them - Hanging from the "ceiling". They rapped a bit and got the audience into it. Excellent.)

Donald Braswell
09/17/2008 - http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/clips/donald-braswell-91708/665781/
Pre-performance video: Being in the finals means it's no longer a dream. The dream is here. I have a shot of winning a headline show in Vegas. I'm so close to my dream right now, I'm gonna fight for this. I'm gonna win this.
Performance: "You Raise Me Up". Fireworks and background choirs. He went high on some notes. Great!
Critique: Sharon: Alright, very nice song. Nice. I have to keep using that word. Nice voice, nice guy, you look nice. I just don't think your personality is as great as your voice. I think you should be in musical theater, where you can be someone else. David: I disagree. You did a fantastic job tonight. Piers: I wasn't sure about the last note. It may have been a little over the top, but I think you've done yourself proud, proving the judges wrong and America right.
(He did a wonderful job, and showed he has POWERFUL high notes that even Josh Groban didn't hit on his version. I'm afraid he's not going to make it. Even so, he should NOW have a full career in music.)

Neal E Boyd
09/17/2008 - http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/clips/neal-e-boyd-91708/665722/
Pre-performance video: Every time I go out on that stage, I sing with every bit of my heart, and try to move people. Tonight is my last chance. I've waiting my whole life to be on that stage. I won't hold back.
Performance: Opera. (I don't know the song. Nessun Dorma. (Same as first night.)
Critique: Standing Ovation. David: This is the end of the show. I am honored to be on this journey with you. Win or lose, you will go far. Piers: Find myself in a strange and uncomfortable position. I totally and completely agree with David. Sharon: You bring people together. I've heard that song done by so many people, but never as beautifully as you just did it.
(Wonderful. This guy is fantastic at opera, especially this song. I know he can do others like it. I'm not sure if Vegas is ready for Opera, but my wife said, what about Pavaratti? Well, there is that!)

Eli Mattson
09/17/2008 - http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/clips/eli-mattson-91708/665061/
Pre-performance video: This is my last chance. I'm going to perform with every part of my soul. If I don't, it's over. And I don't want to think about that.
Performance: "Against the Odds". No hat!
Critique: Standing Ovation. Piers: The thing I like about you most is you can take all these classic songs and with your voice, made them your own. The song was "Against The Odds". I think the odds just got shorter. Sharon: Such a tough competition this year. You have got a great voice. You're a great musician. Good-looking, and you're young. I think you would be a great winner to represent not just this show. David: I said in the interview you were the dark horse. The song was "Take a Look At Me Now". You go back and say "Take a Look At Me NOW!"
(Great job. Of course, all are. He's got a great style. He would do well in Vegas, even if he doesn't win.)

Queen Emily
09/17/2008 - http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/clips/queen-emily-91708/665062/
Pre-performance video: After 25 years, you begin to give up. I'm so glad I didn't. And look at me now. I'm in the Top 5. I have to do everything I can to win this competition. My whole life has lead me here. This is my destiny.
Performance: "One Moment in Time".
Critique: Standing Ovation. Piers: You look like a queen. It was by far your best performance of this competition. I think you're gonna struggle to win against Nuttin But Strings, but you gave it your best shot. Sharon: You are a diva. And every time your confidence shows through. It makes the audience relax. David: You look more like a princess to me. Tonight was fantastic. Your whole run was fantastic. Whether you win or not, you're ahead of the game. You're gonna have an amazing career.
(Fantastic. She took the stage. Great job. A bit rough on the really high notes, but WOW!)

These people are ALL greatI hope they all make CDs, at least! Again, this whole group NEEDS to be involved in show-biz!

Season Finale next week. Winner announced. Then October 17th ... In Vegas.

Wife: Neal E Boyd (5) and Queen Emily (5)
Me: WOW! Thought seriously of voting (2) for each, but that's not voting, is it? DAMN! Nuttin But Strings (5) and Neal E Boyd (5). Opera or not. This guy is GOOD!
(I HATE not having more votes. Donald, Eli and Emily ALL deserve to win, too!) :-(

No comments: