Tuesday, September 14, 2010

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2010) - September 14, 2010 - The Finals

Live from Hollywood.

Four acts left. One last performance. Only one can win.

The four acts left:
Prince Poppycock
Michael Grimm
Jackie Evancho
Fighting Gravity

Winners headline the AGT National Tour, including a show a Caesar's Palace.

Judges are introduced.

Review of many of the acts, including the finalists and many who didn't make it psat the first audition.

Sharon: It's electrifying in here, tonight. The atmosphere just keeps building and building. We expect a million dollar performance from each of them, tonight.

Segment #2

First up: Prince Poppycock
Performing an opera classic with his interpretation of the rescue of a fairy tail princess
Piers buzzed just before he ended.
Standing Ovation
Piers: I think you've blown it, I'm afraid. I thought this better be an amazing vocal performance. And tonight, I thought you took yourself too seriously.
Sharon: That was such a selfish thing to do. It's not your night (Piers), but Prince Poppycock's night.
Howie: It was still brilliant, in listening to both of them... Will America embrace a more serious performace from him. If so, they have to vote.
(He sang excellently, as usual. The performance wasn't as "flamboyant" as some of his more later ones, but from an operatic singer, what do you expect? Like him? Vote for him!)

Segment #3

Lauren and May from Parenthood talking about what they would be doing on the show. (Season Premier of Parenthood is on after AGT, tonight.)

Next act: Michael Grimm
"When A Man Loves a Woman"
Standing Ovation from Audience and Judges
Sharon: Whoohoho! Got the old goosebumps going here. Perfect song. Perfect delivery. My husband bet $100 that you will win, and he just might be right.
Howie: When I first saw you, I thought Wow. And You just keep getting better and better.
Piers: That's more like it. I'm looking for a million dollar talent tonight. I'm looking for someone to represent this country around the world, and on that performance, it's you.
(Excellent delivery. My wife thinks of Michael Bolton with the voice, but I like this guy's delivery and voice better than Bolton's.)

Segment #4

Next act: Jackie Evancho
"Ave Maria"
Wow... Standing Ovation from all.
Howie: It's undescribable. I can imagine, right before death, you hear Jackie Evancho singing. IN A GOOD WAY.
Piers: The bad news for Sharon is that Ozzy Osborne has just lost $100. The point of this show is to find undiscovered talent. I have NEVER seen an act on this show, the British show, or any of them, with more potential.
Sharon: You sang it beautifully and with great emotion. What can I say, little Angel?
(Of course... Excellent. Personally, I think she's a star, already. She doesn't NEED to win. So there's a backlash in my mind. I would be voting for one of the other ones.)

Segment #5

The best variety acts of the season make a comeback.
The hottest variety acts from America's Got Talent 2010 - All perform a few seconds of a single song, usually more than one act at a time. Good job putting it together.
Harmonica player, aerialists, ballroom dancers, break dancers, HasPop, and Michael Grasso (Magician).

Segment #6

Last act: Fighting Gravity]
Standing O from Audience
Piers: Here's the deal. this is a brilliantly clever act. This will be in Vegas. Whatever happens tonight, this act will be in Vegas. Right near the end, you made one mistake. And it took away some of the magic. And tonight, you had to be perfect and you weren't. And you followed Jackie. And she was perfect. And that's why I think she'll win.
Sharon: It's a good thing it's not up to him. America will vote. You will see.
Howie: You are what makes this show so special. The variety. People please vote. I can't stress it enough. If you want your favorite to stay, you have to vote.
(The "mistake" was when one of the black-clad guys bodies showed in front of a glowing doorway. In real life, this would be no big deal, and, personally, I don't think it took away from the "magic". This act has been one of my favorites from the beginning. And I KNOW they will be in Vegas, win or lose.)

My wife's choice: Michael Grimm

My logic: Poppycock has shown he's Vegas- or even Met-worthy, as has Fighting Gravity. Jackie is a star, already. So, let Michael win.
Mine: Michael Grimm

Tomorrow, the Finale. And one act will win $1,000,000. VOTE! (I will include tonight's videos tomorrow if they are up on NBC.)

Goo Goo Dolls, Cirque de Soliel, David Copperfield, and more.

Cya, then!

No comments: