Thursday, September 06, 2012

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2012 - 09/06/2012 - Live Semi-Finals #2 Results

Haunted by Hero and Train will perform tonight. And one of the prior acts will perform.

From NBC:
All AGT Videos
Season 7 Episodes
Season 7 Highlights

So, tonight, the acts are:
All That! (Dance crew)
Sebastian (El Charro De Oro) (10 yo Mariachi Singer)
The Magic of Puck (Magician)
Clint Cavallo (Bird act)
Jacob Williams (Young-looking Comedian)
Shanice and Maurice Hayes (Father/Daughter singing duo)
All-Wheel Sports (Action Variety act)
Tim Hockenberry (Singer)
The Untouchables (Latin Dancers - Oldest is 13yo)
Olate Dogs (Dog act)
Lightwire Theater (Entertainers with light)
David Garabaldi and his CMYKs (Entertainer with paint)

My choices tonight (ONLY THREE?! GEEZE!): Tim Hockenberry, Lightwire Theater, David Garabaldi, though if The Untouchables and/or Olate dogs make it, I wouldn't be sad except for the one or two who DIDN'T. I can't believe we only have three possibles, and really, we only have two, with the judges choosing between the 3rd and 4th vote-getters.

They'll reveal the four acts that got the most votes last night. Then the top three will be announced. All others will be going home.

First group: Shanice and Maurice Hayes, All That!, Lightwire Theater
Sharon: Tough call. Traditional Dance with All That! Technology with Lightwire Theater and Classic with Shanice and Maurice.
America has voted. The act going through to the top four tonight is: Lightwire Theater.
LWT: It feels great. But the night is still young. Now we have to wait 45 minutes to find out where we stand.
(I was sure of this. I figure they're in the top two.)

Second group: Jacob Williams, David Garabaldi and his CMYKs, Sebastian (El Charro De Oro)
Howie: It is a tough decision. Jacob, you had a little bit of a tough time last night. You are at the beginning of your career. Sebastian, talk about the beginning of your career. David Garabaldi, you are a true artist.
The next of tonight's top four is: David Garibaldi and his CMYKs.
DG: Going through my mind and heart are thanking the judges and America for voting for us.
(Yep... I figure he's one of the top two.)

Commercials
Segment #2

Nathan Burton (magician) performs - From the Flamingo in Las Vegas

The Orville Lounge after show party

12yo Rockers - Haunted by Hero perform "We're Not Gonna Take It" (with Dee Snyder - from Twisted Sister - the original singer)

Commercials
Segment #3

Next group: Olate Dogs, Clint Cavallo, All-Wheel Sports
Howard: Let me explain how fierce the competition is: Last night, the dogs tried to eat the bird. This is an exciting night, and I can't wait to see who goes through. You should all be applauded.
The third of tonight's top four is: Olate Dogs
OD: This has been a lot of hard work and we love all the top dog fans out there, friends and family.
(Ok... They were up there, but I didn't think quite that high. Ok...)

The finals will be on Wednesday, next week, at 9PM.

Last group: Tim Hockenberry, The Magic of Puck, The Untouchables
Howie: I didn't want to see these three together. If this was a magic show, Puck, you'd be in the finals. If this were a singing show, Tim, you'd be in the finals. If this were a dancing show, kids, you'd be in the finals.
The kast of tonight's top four is: The Untouchables
(You're kidding!?! I could swear Tim Hockenberry would have been in at least the top 4.)

Commercials
Segment #4

Train performs Drive By

Commercials
Segment #5

So, the top four acts from last night are:
Lightwire Theater
David Garibaldi and his CMYKs
Olate Dogs
The Untouchables

The top two acts are:
America has voted. The first act going through to the finals, and moving one step closer to $1,000,000 and a headline show in Las Vegas is: The Untouchables
(WHAT?)

America has voted. The next act going through to the finals is: Olate Dogs
(WHAT AGAIN?)

(You have GOT to be shitting me! The top two were NOT Lightwire Theater and David Garibaldi? I just don't understand that!)

Lightwire: We've worked so hard. It's our life. We'd just like the opportunity...
David: Every step of the way, we've done our best. Going to the finals we'd bring that Wow we think the show needs.

That leaves Lightwire Theater and David Garibaldi from which the judges will select

Commercials
Segment #5

Sharon: Neither one of you should have been in this position. It's a travesty. You are both too talented. I have to make my decision. My decision is that I am going to put through Lightwire Theater.
Howie: You are both winning million dollar acts. LWT: You create the show. David: You are an artist. The choice I'm going to make is not the best, but is different. David.
Howard: David, you stumbled a bit with me. Last night you painted a painting I wouldn't put in my house. The guys's a brilliant artist. Lightwire: You've done nothing wrong, you are phenomenal. I make my decision by who I'd go see. I sit in the parking lot and watch people paint all the time. So my decision is David. Just don't paint the Statue of Liberty (with a funny face) again.
DG: Lightwire is an incredible act.

So, from tonight we have:
The Untouchables
Olate Dogs
David Garibaldi and his CMYKs

And from last week, the top three are:
William Close
Tom Cotter
Joe Castillo

It's gonna be a VERY good night, and a tough vote!

Cya next Wednesday. ;-)

No comments: