Wednesday, September 12, 2012

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2012 - 09/12/2012 - Live Finals Show

From NBC:
All AGT Videos
Season 7 Episodes
Season 7 Highlights

Six acts will perform live tonight.
The Untouchables (Kid dance group)
Olate Dogs (Dog act)
David Garibaldi and his CMYKs (Painter)
William Close (Makes huge instruments & plays them)
Tom Cotter (Comedian)
Joe Castillo ("Sand painter")
America will vote on the ONE act to win the show this season. Results show tomorrow night.

This is gonna be one tough night to vote. Too many really good acts.

First up: David Garibaldi and his CMYKs (Painting/Dancing act)
Howard: It was an outstanding job. This piece of art I would hang in my home. I had no idea what you were painting (Einstein).
Sharon: It was amazing. You listened to Howard about what he said about the timing. It was fantastic.
Howie: I can think of a better way to start the show than you.
Nick: Why did you paint Einstein as your last painting?
David; Einstein is a symbol of creativity and innovation, and that's a goal for us.
(I love this guy's work.)

Commercials
Segment #2

Next up: Tom Cotter (Comedian)
Standing Ovation by all including Judges.
Howie: I think they're (the audience) is saying what I want to say. You just scratched and clawed your way to the top tonight.
Howard: There are times, even with 90 seconds, I wish the act were over already. You always leave me wanting me.
Sharon: First time we've ever had a comic in our final and I congratulate you. But I know there a lot farther you are going to be going.
Nick: Trying to get to this level for 25 years. What would winning mean to you?
Tom: You've taken a defibrilator and jacked it into my career. I have no words for that.
(I think he keeps getting better and better.)

Commercials
Segment #3

Next up: The Untouchables
Sharon Standing O with some of crowd
Sharon: You excelled yourself tonight. You've shown us ever type of dance. It was fantastic. There were stunts in there. You are on the stage with adults, teenagers and under... Well done.
Howie: I'm going to be totally honest with you. I don't know that I love it as much as the last time. I'm just saying...
Howard: I'm thinking about 8 year olds running around with a million dollars. Can you imagine. Every line was perfection.
Untouchables: We're (the kids) are the future of America.
(This is one of the best dance groups I've seen on this show.)

Commercials
Segment #4

Next up: Joe Castillo (Sand Artist)
Tribute to AGT (First pic is Nick. He changes to Howie, then Sharon, then Howard (with a beret!)
Howard: I think this is terrific. That's sand he's working with. You're phenomenal. I'm glad you're in the finals.
Howie: Every week you've been so inspirational. People don't realize the plight of the judges. That we are so interchangeable you You've touched my heart.
Sharon: I will say I would have liked it if you did something more spiritual, again... (Howie interrupts, and Sharon argues with him.)
(I am always amazed by Joe's artwork and (usually) story.)

Commercials
Segment #5

Next up: William Close and the Earth Harp Collective (Creates huge instruments & plays them)
Standing Ovation by all
Howie: Every single time you step it up. You add to it. You're like Cirque du Soliel. Wherever you end up in the contest, I want to buy tickets and come see you.
Sharon: You are a visionary. You my darling will end up bigger than Cirque du Soliel. This is just the beginning for you, William.
Howard: I think this was an intelligent decision by you. The instrumentation, the woman spinning in the air. This is a million dollar win for you.
WC: I'm really grateful to be on this stage. This is a great country. I'm just super-excited...
(He has added and changed with every show... Better and better. That he makes the auditorium an instrument is amazing. He could easily win and incorporate all the other acts into his.)

Commercials
Segment #6

Final act: Olate Dogs
(They are the only dog act ever to have made it into the finals.)
Sharon: This is just pure love on this stage. I just love it.
Howard: If we saw any one of these individual tricks on YouTube... I've been upstaged by a dog, wouldn't be the first time... In my mind, I keep going between a comedian, an earth harp and you guys.
Howie: From the start this was a great act. These dogs are amazing. America, you've got to vote vote vote.
(Sorry. Missed what OD had to say, here. I have only seen some of these "stunts" in a very few circus shows, and it's been a VERY long time. It's great that most of the dogs, I believe, are rescue dogs. And they obviously love the dogs and the dogs them very much. And they do great!)

Howard: The judges no longer have control. The people have the control.
Sharon: Best final in seven years. Amazing show, but America we need you.
Howie: It's up to America. You have to vote. Vote. VOTE! The best show ever. Thank you.

So remember, we are to pick one act out of these six:
The Untouchables (Kid dance group)
Olate Dogs (Dog act)
David Garibaldi and his CMYKs (Painter)
William Close (Makes huge instruments & plays them)
Tom Cotter (Comedian)
Joe Castillo ("Sand painter")

Wow. I can't call it. As I said before, They could ALL be combined into a single show (and they will be for at least one tour), but I mean as a single permanent act in Vegas. Might be a little hard to fit Tom into the combined act, but then again, the other performers have to take breaks, right? LOL Amazing show.

Simply for the uniqueness, I would say William Close, with David Garibaldi and Joe Castillo close behind. But I think the "artsy" acts are going to cancel each other out, and it's going to end up Tom Cotter. You know what? HE could combine all six acts into a single show instead of the other way around. He would/could be the glue that holds it all together.

Good luck to them all. And, as I've said a million times before, I certainly hope that directors, producers, and agents are watching. Every one of tonight's acts, and many of those who didn't make it this far, deserve to become stars.

Results show tomorrow night with a lot of great performances scheduled.

Cya then! ;-)

No comments: