Tuesday, July 29, 2014

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2014 - Live Show @ RCMH - 07/29/2014

RCMH = Radio City Music Hall in New York City

This is the first quarter-final.

Nick is introduced. He introduces the judges. The Rockettes perform their kick-line. These acts are now facing US.

Remember - I try to quote correctly, but as fast as they move sometime and the new keyboard still giving my fingers fits, I paraphrase, sometimes.

All Videos - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video
Full Episodes - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/episodes

The 12 acts from which five will be chosen tonight:
Sean and Luke (Tap Dancers)
Valo and Bobby (Strength & Balancing Act)
Julia Goodwin (16yo singer)
Biala Conmigo (Salsa Dance Group)
David and Leeman (Magicians)
The Willis Clan (Singing and Dancing Family)
Flight Crew Jump Rope (Jump Rope Crew)
Jasmine Flower (Asian Dance Group)
Emily West (Singer)
JD Anderson (Strongman)
Dan Naturman (Comedian)
Miguel Dakota (Singer)

Sean and Luke (Tap Dancers)
Heidi - Think you did very well. Great job.
Howard - I don't like to always be the guy raining on someone's parade. It just needs something more.
Mel B - What a great way to open AGT. Let's look at just how hard it is to do what you do.,
Howie - I disagree with you, Howard. They are different, classic, energetic. BUT, America has to vote.
(They do a great Tap Dance. I'm not sure what Howard wants here. Tap dancing is tap dancing. They were in synch when they should have been and the solo dancing was great. No mistakes that I saw. It will depend on the other acts, tonight.)

Commercials

Valo and Bobby (Strength & Balancing Act)
Howie - I have to say I dont know how it translates home. I heard a producer say it may be too dangerous.
Howard - It is so spectacular live. I hope the people at home can see that.
Heidi - We always say go big or go home. You went big.
Mel B - It was awful - in a good way. I couldn't breathe. I kept hoping he didn't drop you and he didn't. (Dangerously good).
(It is a cicus act - a very dangerous one. Tonight she rode a bike around a circle about 40' in the air on a "stick" held by him. She went around a numnber of times. Then he had to hold her up there until they hooked her up again to bring the apparatus down. Not sure what they can do to top what we've seen so far.)

Commercials

Julia Goodwin (16yo singer)
Howard - You have a lotta poise for a 16yo. I think because of your youth your voice didn't hold up tonight.
Heidi - I hope America votes for you. I want to see you again.
Mel B - Not sure about you tonight, but I love you and your performance.
Howie - I think what we saw tonight was a Broadway performance. So, right city, wrong building.
(I didn't hear any cracks. I thought the arrangement was "Broadway" but worked well. Not sure what everyone's complaining about.)

Commercials

Biala Conmigo (Salsa Dance Group)
Audience loved it.
Heidi - You guys really brought the house down. So much fun to watch.
Mel B - How fast are your feet actually going. I can't tell you... I love you guys.
Howie - What a night. And whoever thought that feeding kids two shots of Espresso could do so well.
Howard - The adults start out and then move back and the kids take over. They have great facial expressions. America is going to love you.
(Good. That's about all I can say.)

Commercials

David and Leeman (Magicians)
Mel B - How do you do it. That's how magic is supposed to be. Genius.
Howie - I'm baffled. I'm in a tizzy.
Howard - You guys are very likable. Your tricks are good. It's going on too long, but you pulled it off. Fabulous trick. Don't lose the audience with what Howie called your shenanigans.
Heidi - I loved your last act more than this one. I thought the presentation was a little muddy.
(It seemed to run a little long in the setup, but they did manage to pull it off. Not sure if they'll beat everyone. Not my favorite act of the night.)

Commercials

The Willis Clan (Singing and Dancing Family)
Howard - You know I'm a big fan. There's no family doing this type of stuff. This wasn't your strongest performance.
Howie - I thought the song-choice was great. I think you should be in Branson.
Heidi - I think country fans will love you and the rest of America will love you.
Mel B - I think RCMH swallowed you up tonight.
(They did a good job. Seemed a little stiff tonight, and the little ones came out near the end... Strange dance for them tonight. We'll see.)

Commercials

Flight Crew Jump Rope (Jump Rope Crew)
Howard - Great night for the live... Any little thing that went wrong would have been picked up by this judgeing panel,. There were no mistakes.
Heidi - LOve it.
Mel B - That was off the chain. Your precision... I could not stop smiling.
Howie - I love that you stepped it up big for the big show. You are an inspriation, I hope people vote.\
(Not sure about the song choice, but the act was fantastic. Three levels, jumping on trampolines, and more. They have a great chance at it.)

Commercials

Jasmine Flower (Asian Dance Group)
Heidi - It is so pretty what you girls do. I liked it.
Mel B - Every time you come on stage, I feel "Ahh". You are an acquired taste.
Howie - It's just amazing. You're beautiful to watch. You guys are great.
Howard - I think people do appreciate what you do. I think maybe I didn't love this routine as much as the last one.
(Beautiful. Interesting. I think Mel B is right - acquired taste. We understand the beauty of it, but it's not ballet nor Asian dancing. We'll see.)

Commercials

Emily West (Singer)
Stranding Ovatioin
Mel B - You just hit it in every way possible. You soiunded iuncrediuble.
Howie - Soul, feeoiung, pain. The best act of the night so far.
Howard - They ask me why I became a judge... Because of you... people like you.
Heidi - I think you're a star. I feel your emotions when you're singing.
(Beautiful voice. She did a wonderful job.)

JD Anderson (Strongman)
Howard - I love you. I am so glad you repeated the ice trick. Thi8s man ius a superstar.
Mel B - I am completely wincing. This time I loved the whole show. It was a proper show.
Howie - I'm amazed that you can get up. Amazing.
Heidi - You must be a little nutty to do this. You're kinda like the Tazmanian Devil running around destroying things.
(He's tough and a showman. Broke bats, cement blocks (missed but broke them with his fists), then went through about 12 blocks of ice. Wow!)

Commercials

Dan Naturman (Comedian)
Mel B - When you stopped I turned aroiund and said Awws... I didn't want you to stop. Awkwardly confident.
Heidi - Overall - I think you're funny.
Howie - As Heidi said, you are funny. You could go far.
Howard - This is the show I was hoping for. You are a pro. I hope you go very far in this competition.
(Good jokes. He's a little awkward, but many comedians are. He could do it.)

Commercials

Miguel Dakota (Singer)
Heidi - I think yoiu were really smart doing a beloved Beatle song. Got the crowd right with you...
Mel B - You still cook right? That was a hot performance.
Howie - I know who votes. If this was the last act we see, I think that performance would win the million dollars. But you are the package they're looking for.
Howarfd - I'm gonna rain on the parade a little. I like you very much. You have a star quality. I thought the band was great. You may have lacked a little charisma tonight. I think you have to find yourself vocally.
(I thought he did a great job.)


My choices:
Miguel Dakota
Emily West
flight Crew Jump Rope
Dan Naturman

Voting is open. Cya tomorrow. ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dramatic competition. It's great for the ability to be able to make its best. friv 5