Wednesday, July 01, 2009

America's Got Talent - 2009 (07/01/2009)

Houston

Divani, Singer. from Russia, lives in NY, NO! Can't sing worth ... well, you know. Piers buzzed early. David: What happened, sweetie. D: Well, I can't sing when everybody's loud. She's out.

Jolie and Chester - She sings, he balances a lawnmower. Nope.
Rusty Reese - Singer - "If I Were a Rich Man" w/Sound effects. Nope.
Stone White - Singer - "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy". Nope.

Break.

Back at Houston.

Bunch of girls in red curly-haired wigs. Lake Houston Performing Art Center. Dancers "Shake Your Groove Thing" *Most all students. BIG group. Piers: What was the meaning behind the wigs. LH: We love the 70s and thought it brought out the dance. Piers: I think it worked. David: It's about following your dream, it's about working hard. You are an inspiration to Houston. All: YES. They're in.

Break.

Still Houston.

Pam Martin & Viva (dog). The dog's her dance partner. Not as good as some videos I've seen, but cute, and not bad at all. Sharon: Quite fabulous. (K9 Freestyle). Piers: Great. David: Yes. Sharon: Yes. Piers: There's only one thing I want to say: Viva... Las Vegas.

Break.

Miami.

25yo Marti Brill. Magician. Practice every day. Not gonna screw up on AGT. When people come and see me, they go home and talk about me for years. The magic world will never be the same. I'm gonna show the world that magicians can win AGT. Card from mouth. Card tricks, most of which I've seen before. Piers & Sharon buzz early. Audience isn't with him - Booing. Piers: You are the most annoying man in Miami. David: You ate a lot of cards, man, that was cool. (You didn't like the show?) It's not David Copperfield, no. Nope.

Brandon Paxton. Poems about ex-girlfriends. Nope.
Diego Baner. Singer. Teaches singing. Bass, decent, but no. *VERY hard vibrato
Wrestlers - No! Piers: Complete waste of time. You may have the guns, but we have the Cannon (Nick). As they leave, Nick says "I really respect you guys, please don't kill me."

Break.

Miami.

Joseph Constantine & Casey. Illusionist. Lost everything in the past few years. One trick. Ok. David: Nice presentation, but we've seen that act at least 6-7 times, already. I'll have to think about it. Sharon: Seen the trick many times before, but not seen YOU do it before. Piers: We've seen it before, but that was the best example of it we've seen. And we can see what it means to you. This show is about giving people a break. David: There are about 100,000 stories like yours out there. It's about talent. We've seen this before, and not put them through. My answer is no. Piers: Yes. Sharon: I really appreciate the effort you've made today, and I know how important it is to you. I'm gonna have to say, YES. They're in. Their kids go on on stage with them.

Fuschiaa Foxx. Belly Dancer. Piers: Oxygen for Mr. Hasselhoff. Yes.
Circus R Us. Contortionists, and more. Yes.
Hurricane Trixterz. Tumbling "dancers". Martial Art-type dancers. Yes.

Break.

Miami.

23yo Hirro Torres. from Oregon. Break-dancer. He's got moves I've never seen before. David: Absolutely terrific. Sharon: Unique, what you do. Piers: The question we ask about all acts, is do we want to see more of them. I want to see more of you. H: I was actually worried about you, man. David: Yes. Piers: You are one of the most original acts we've seen. I'm gonna say yes. Sharon: You're going to Vegas. H: Wants to be the first in his family to get out and do something. And feels it's happening.

That's it for tonight.
See ya next week.

Full show link: www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/episodes/#vid=1131689

No comments: