Tuesday, July 21, 2009

America's Got Talent - 2009 (07/21/2009)

MySpace Auditions

El Vegas (Jerry) from NJ. Elvis impersonator w/a couple of "Vegas" girls. Piers buzzed early and covers his ears. Audience booing and wanting him buzzed. "Glory Hallelujah". Piers: Every time I think this show gets as whacked as it can be, someone else comes along to [dethrone] the record-holder. Sharon: Jerry, what went wrong. David: I don't know what happened. It was a bit rough for me, but I'm proud to be an American. Nope.

Jumping Eagles, jump-roping group. Piers: Absolutely ridicuouls. Nope
Shawn Berkey from Muncie, Indiana. Singer. Nope.
Don Badlaramos. Shakesperean something. Nope.
Shaunie(sp?). Singing and dancing. Effeminate guy. Piers: Bizarre! Nope

(I'm guessing they've decided to do this first segment, so we all know that they HAVE seen some bad acts. I'm not sure why they do it this way, rather than mixing them in, as they do other segments, but... Let's see if they save one of the best for last, as they have in earlier shows this year.)

Break.

Illinois HS student, Ashley Groff, 18yo, singer, has a fan club on MySpace someone started for her. OMG! A screamer! Piers and Sharon buzzed early. David: OMG! Linda Blair... What happened. Piers: For the first time on this show ever, I was truly scared of you. Nope.

Ishaara. Bollywood Dance troup. From Berkley, CA. "Bally Ho" is the song they danced to(?) David: That was terrific. Piers: Unbelievably exciting to watch. David: Yes. Piers: Definitely yes from me. Sharon: Yes. They're in. (I thought it was interesting and fun.)

Break.

The Flash. Acrobatic Jugglers. Yes.

Duo Design. Very physical act, but also very mental. A couple of bald, muscular guys. Acrobatic movement/balancing act (semi dance). Piers buzzed early. Sharon: Unbelievable control. Piers: Something oddly compelling about you two. You're very strange. David: Your act is very "alien cool". David: Yes. Piers: Just too weird for me, so I'm gonna have to say no. Sharon: I liked it very much, I liked the whole concept. Um... Yes. They're in. (Nick, backstage: They're gonna get their spaceship to Vegas).

Judges take break. David: MySpace is delivering the weird, the whacky, the wonderful.

Break.

Eddie Green, San Diego, CA, 52yo. Started doing his act in a pub one time. Friends and fans have told him he's awesome and should get on AGT. Here he is. A different kinda of puppet act. Eddie and the Puppet Divas. Life-size Tina Turner puppet. David and Piers buzzed early. Sharon, shortly after. Nope.

Marcus Terell and the Serenades. Friends for 10 years, first time they've come together as a group. Singing group. "Hit the Road Jack". Update old songs. Not bad. Interesting. Piers: No easy way of saying this, I love you, these three (the Serenades) I don't. You gonna sack them? (Never). Sharon: I liked it very much. I liked the whole concept. I liked your style. David: I like it very much. If you guys work on the vocals to support him... Yes. Piers: Great potential. I'm gonna make my decision. I'm gonna say, yes. Sharon: Yes.

Break.

College student, Charles Dorsey Jr, from LA, 21yo, Piano player/singer. Mother: He's born to be a musician. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". Yes! He's good. (Still, he should have someone else play keyboards or have a band behind him, IMO.) Audience chants VEGAS. Sharon: So few times in this industry that people come on stage and tick all the right boxes. David: You've got talent. It was terrific what you did. Piers: I think we've found a bit of a star in you. Yes all round. He's in. (Many of audience give a standing ovation.)

Break.

Encore, Dance crew. Yep.
Alycia Cooper. Comedian. Yep.
N2UN. Violin and piano. Yep.
Kara & Corey Britz. He plays guitar and she sings. Yep.

19yo college student, Heavy Vee. "Natural-born dancer". Hip-hop dancing. Piers: Buzzed. She kinda stands in one place and dances. Sharon and David buzzed. Piers: The point of dancing is you're supposed to move around. You moved around about 3-inches. No, all round. Nick comes out on stage. "Maybe you needed a partner." And dances with her. She was there to inspire. Nope.

David: MySpace gave us everything possible.

Here's the link to the full episode: http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/episodes/#vid=1137646

Tomorrow: Final auditions. And Susan Boyle interview.

No comments: