Wednesday, July 08, 2009

America's Got Talent - 2009 (07/08/2009)

Houston, Texas, today.

The Texas Tenors, based in Houston. "Mountain Music" by Alabama. Not bad. Partial Standing Ovation. David: I think you did a very, very good job. Sharon: It's very raw, and you need to perform, perform as much as you can. Piers: I began to rather enjoy it. Yes. Sharon: Yes. David: You're going to Vegas. They're in.

Break.

Bruce Thomas, handyman, 51yo, musician. Act is totally unique. Believes the judges will be flabbergasted. Had the talent for 40 years. Manualist. Yankee Doodle. Buzzed quickly. Sharon: Not a million dollar talent. No, all round.

Urban Burlesque Group - Ruby Review. Nope.
In Sterio - Flutists. Nope.
Chrispy? Family Carnival (Staples dollar bills to him. Lifts a weight with his nipple rings.) Nope.

Break.

5 friends. AcroDunk from Houston. Slam-dunks acrobatically. Trampoline-type dunking and acrobatics. Very cool. Worth a million? We'll see. ... Audience loves them... David: On this show, we have seen so many hunks in trunks trying to do dunks, and you are the BEST. Piers: Energy... Sharon: Energy - I could watch you guys all night. Piers: Yes. Sharon: Oh, it's a yes from me. David: Well, it looks like hunks in trunks will be dunking in Las Vegas! They're in.

Break.

In Color? - Dancers? - Yes, they're in.
Anna Pipoyan - Belly Dancer - Yes, they're in.
Eclipse - Rapper - David: We've not had a rapper on this show yet as good as you. Yes, he's in.

8yo girl, Eleisha Miller. Piano, sing. "Proud Mary". Definitely a personality. David: Inspirational to all the kids out there. Very cute, very funny, but singing needs a little work. (I think so, too.) Sharon: I don't know what to do with you. I'm gonna have to say No... I'm sorry. Piers: Yes. David: I love your honesty, and the way you take over the stage. Yes. She's in.

Break.

Timez2 (singing duo), twins. Singers. Definite energy. Rappers. Audience into it. David: Terrific. Piers: I didn't want to like you two, and then you were quite good. Sharon: Alright, you've got the grinding and the pumping and all that, but you have to work more on your voices. David: Yes. Piers: I think Sharon's right about the voices. No. Sharon: Oh, it's yes. They're in.

75yo retired phone operator. Grandma Lee. From Florida. It was my dream, and I finally decided to live my dream. Comedian. Not bad. Audience chants VEGAS. Piers: You may be my favorite contestant this season... ("You know? Everybody says Piers is the mean one, but I think he's cute." (LOL)) (I'd do him!) Yes all around. She's in.

Break.

Barbara Padilla, full-time, stay-at-home Mom from Houston. Singer. Operatic. VERY good. Audience cheers in the middle, twice. And she carried it off. Standing Ovation and from Sharon and David. Piers: What an amazing voice you've got. (I've lived through miracles... I'm a cancer survivor. 5 years, and now in remission. And now I'm here. When you have hope, you keep going.) Sharon: Such an inspiration. Absolutely perfect. Piers: Great spirit and determination. David: You've showed us your heart. Keep singing. Piers: Massive 100% yes. Sharon: You're an incredible woman. Yes. David: Like I said, miracles come true. You're going to Vegas. Yes. (After she left stage: Sharon: Lovely, lovely, and elegant. She does have an amazing talent, and as well as her talent, she's an amazing woman.

Here are some of the individual videos from the show, including some from tonight. http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/
Here's were you can find the full video of tonight when they post it. I will post the direct link when I can. http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/categories/season-4/1127763/

Direct link to full episode: http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/episodes/#vid=1133784

Next week... See ya then!

No comments: