Wednesday, August 15, 2012

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2012 - 08/15/2012 - YouTube/Snapple Show Results

The acts last night:
Clint Carvallo and his Extreme Parrots
Reverse Order (Rock Band)
Rudy Colby (Illusionist/Magician)
7 in Unison (Dance group)
Drew Erwin (Singer)
Melinda Hill (Comedian)
Eric Buss (Entertainer)
Romeo Dance Cheetah (Air Guitar/Dancer)
The Magic of Puck (Magician)
Bria Kelly (16yo Singer)
Cast in Bronze (Carillon player)
Academy of Villains (Dance group)

My choices were: Clint Carvallo and his Extreme Parrots, Drew Erwin, Bria Kelly, Academy of Villains

Gabby Douglas (Double-Gold-Medalist from the just ended Olympic Games). Nick talks to her for a few minutes. She'll be here through the show.

Live, the YouTube superstars Carmen; a day in the life of Howard Stern; and a comedian (unnamed?) will perform.

First group on stage:
Cast in Bronze, Reverse Order, Academy of Villians
America has spoken. The act going through to the semi-finals and moving one step closer to the millions dollars and the headline show in Las Vegas is: Academy of Villians.
Howard: We saw something interesting last night. A lot of people can set up a camera and post a video and get a lot of hits. But to come on stage and do it well every night takes a lot. You've proved it.

A sneak peak of Justin Bieber's new video (Bieber will be here sometime in the next few shows...)

Commercials
Segment #2

Gabby introduces this segment with Nick

Orville Lounge after show last night.

Carmen performs "I Can't Seem to Let You Go"(?) and "Hello"

Commercials
Segment #3

Next group:
7 in Unison, Bria Kelly, Rudy Colby
Sharon: Very different acts, but you all had the same thing in common. You all had great courage. You got a call from YouTube and on a moments notice came here and performed.
And the act going through is: Bria Kelly
Howie: I truly believe that America got it right. Well deserved. Welcome to the show. And Best of Luck.

Next group:
The Magic of Puck, Eric Buss, Melinda Hill
The act going through is: The Magic of Puck
Sharon: I'm very happy. I really do think that Puck deserves this.

Commercials
Segment #4

Randal (from YouTube) - Does comedy videos
Live, his take on AGT and the judges.

A Day in the Live of Howard Stern

Commercials
Segment #5

And the last three acts: Clint Carvallo and his Extreme Parrots, Drew Erwin (Singer), Romeo Dance Cheetah (Air Guitar/Dancer)
The judges can only choose between two. So, the act going home and leaving the competition is: Romeo Dance Cheetah. (I knew it.)
Clint, why should it be you? I did what I was supposed to do last night. We're good to know. Drew: You gave me some great constructive criticism last night. I didn't have a lot of performing experience, but I got some last night, and I'm ready to go on.

Commercials
Segment #6
Judge's decisions between Clint Carvallo and his Extreme Parrots and Drew Erwin (Singer)
Howard: We saw a lot of people fumble last night. Clint, you with your bird. Your timing and editing were good. You pulled it off. Drew, I told you last night, with time and experience, perhaps you could become a seasoned performer. And you're a good-looking kid. I'm going to have to tell you Drew, I don't think it's your time yet. My choice is Clint.
Sharon: Clint, you delivered something I've never ever seen before. Drew, you do have courage and talent. I feel you're going to get what you want. But I think, Chippy, Kitty, kitty (the bird's name) is the one for me.

So going through tonight are:
Academy of Villains (Dance group), Bria Kelly (16yo Singer), The Magic of Puck (Magician), and Clint Carvallo and his Extreme Parrots - Hey! 3 out of 4 isn't bad! LOL

Next week is the wildcard show. Each brought back four of their favorites. They ran a quick montage of each of the judges' picks.

Cya next week! ;-)

No comments: