Wednesday, July 21, 2010

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2010) - July 21. 2010 (Results Show #2)

Live from Hollywood

Acts from Last Night
Cheer SF
Alice Tan Ridley
Mona Sampath Dance Company
Iron Horse
The Strong Man
Ronith
Hannibal Means
Wreckless
Lil Chris
AscenDance
Antonio Restivo
Michael Grimm

Our picks from last night:
Chris: Alice Tan Ridley, AscenDance, Antonio Restivo, Michael Grimm
Me: Alice Tan Ridley, AscenDance, Antonio Restivo, Michael Grimm

--

Segment #1

The first group out: Mona Sampath Dance Company, AscenDance, Ronith
Piers: It might be easier to say who I don't want to hear go through. I'm hoping I hear "I won't be back" (growling as Ronith)
And the act going through to the semi-final show and moving one step closer to the $1M is: AscenDance
I feel like we're in the midst of creating a new art-form.
Sharon: America got it so right. And it IS a new art-form.

Segment #2

Review of "The Orville Lounge" (after show)

Cirque De Soleil performs

Segment #3

The next group of acts: Cheer SF, Iron Horse, Alice Tan Ridley
Howie: (Who do you think America Voted for?) I think America has it right, and can't be wrong. And I think I have it right. Judging by these three here, I think America chose Alice.
The act going through to the semifinal show: Alice Tan Ridley
Standing Ovation, and huge group hug by the other acts to Alice.
Do you think you're daughter Gabby is proud of you right now? I know she is.
Piers: I could not be happier. I said last night, you're kind of what this show is created for. We've taken you from the subway, and each show you've gotten better and better. And if you don't stop...

The next group of acts: Michael Grimm, Lil Chris, The Strong Man
Sharon: (Who's staying and who's going on?) Ozzie watched, and thinks Michael is going on.
America has voted. The act going into the semifinals and moving one step closer to the $1M and a headline show in Vegas is: Michael Grimm
(He looked shocked! LOL)
What does it mean to you? I means everything, and everything to my family.
Howie: I said Michael is my favorite singer. It was my decision and America's decision, and they got it right. (Well said by a Canadian!)

Segment #4

Train, performing Hey Soul Sister. (LOVE that song)

Segment #5

We're 3 for 3

Last acts out: Wreckless, Hannibal Means, Antonio Restivo
First, we need to send an act home. Based on YOUR votes. America has voted.
The act leaving the competition and going home is: Hannibal Means.
Nick: I'm sorry Hannibal. I know I'll never forget you.
Hannibal: I'll never forget myself. I had a wonderful time and celebrated every second of it.
Antonia and Wreckless are left. Two acts, two dreams.
After the break.

Segment #6

Welcome back. Judges decide between the 4th & 5th in audience vote, now.

Howie: Who do you want to put through: This is always the toughest part of the show for me, and I know you both want to go through so badly, but I have to go with my gut. Antoinio.
Piers: I don't know if we've had two acts who want to go through so badly. My head says Antonio. My heart says these kids, who have done it all without props, etc. I'm going to go with my heart: Wreckless.
Sharon: You're both very special acts. I'm gonna have to say that... I'm gonna have to agree with... Howie. (Antonio).

Wreckless is grateful for everything they've been able to do, so far.

Antonio, why does this mean so much to you? Something I've wanted since I was a child. If my father were alive, he'd be sitting right there with my mother, cheering us on.

Next week, another Live show, another 12 acts.

Cya, then. ;-)

No comments: