Tuesday, June 07, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2011) Season 6 (06/07/2011)

Opening Segment
1 hour tonight, and one hour tomorrow

Montage - quick review of last week / Previews of some of tonight's acts

Seattle Auditions (Paramount Theater)

Piers & Sharon rode in Limos.
Howie drove himself/Had to "run the gauntlet" of people grabbing at him and touching him.

Melissa villasenore - Celebrity Impressions
Barbara Walters, Natalie Portman, Miley Cyrus, Kathy Griffen, Christine Agulera
Sharon - I don't think that you will be working in retail much longer
Piers - Sensational Audition.
Howie - You showed us everything, right on voices & impressions and you yourself are adorable.
Yes, all round.

Commercials / Segment #1

Andrew & Charles Antigue - The A&C Twins - 23yo twins
Piers buzzed
Singing "My Girl"
Audience booing
[They aren't even rocking back & forth on the beat]
Piers - How do you think you did? (We did good) Good? I think you had an absolutely brilliant act until you opened your mouths.
Howie - No.
Sharon - Guys you can't sing.
Howie - You can't. And I'm the nice judge!
They call Howie a hater and challenge him to sing onstage. He goes. He sings with them Piers * Sharon buzz them. Howie calls them haters.
No.

Litz Plummer & ??? Close - Singers
Operatic - Not that greeat
No.

The Rice Rockettes - dancers
Piers buzzed
No.

Mr Mystic PTP - Magician with rappers
Piers buzzed
Magician does "bad magic" act while rapper raps
Piers: How do you think you did? (In my sphere, I think we did pretty good.) In my sphere, that was the most stupid thing I've seen in my life
No. [Whew!]

Commercials / Segment #2

Anita McCoy - 69yo Hula Hooper
She did the splits at the end
Piers buzzed.
Howie: Yes
Sharon: No
Piers: No

Zuma Zuma - Acrobats/Tumblers - from Mombata, Kenya
[Wow!]
Howie: So much energy.
Piers: I can't believe you did that without any mats.
Piers: Yes
Sharon: Yes
Howie: Yes

Commercials / Segment #3

Poplyfe - Band
Only girl sings - great
Howie - Original, unique, you surprised me.
Sharon - I admire what you're doing because it's what you love to do.
Piers - I think you have real talent, but I don't think you need the group.
(We thought we'd show our talent with an acoustic set, but when we do the electric set you won't say what you said.)
Howie: yes
Piers: Judging you as a group, my answer is no
Sharon: I have to say Yes.
(We'll show you. We got you. We're here.)
Piers: Bring it on

The Daring Jones Tour - Trapeze artists.
Yes, all round

Sadie - Jazz Singer - just turned 8
Yes, all round

Elektrolytes - Hip-Hop Dancers
Piers: One of the freshest routines I've seen in a long time
Yes, all round

Commercials / Segment #4

Mauricio Jerrara - Star in Costa Rica - Sing/Dance Showman
"Living La Vida Loca"
Piers buzzed
Audience is split - many booing, many cheering
He dances into the audience, and in front of the judges.
[He's not bad. More like the old 70s showmen than now-a-days, though]
Piers: I thought it was horrendous. Cheeasiest. No
Howie: I thought it was funny. Yes
Sharon: (Howie begs her) Oh all right then. Yes.

Piers: Tell Howie Mandel, war has been declared.

Commercials / Segment #5

Showihng Howie's pranks on Piers backstage

Carlton McKeet - Professional Performer - One-man Band
Plays paper cups
Piers buzzed - and walked off after pressing Sharon's buzzer
Piers no
Sharon no
Howie yes
Piers and Howie argue off stage

That's it for tonight.
See you tomorrow.
See the first post this year for links to NBC, where you can see highlights and full episodes (I believe)

No comments: