Tuesday, September 03, 2013

America's Got Talent (AGT) - 09/03/2013 - RCMH, NY (Live Semi-Finals #2)

NBC Highlights.

**

12 Acts, six will make it through to the Top 12.

Here are the 12 acts for tonight.

**

D'Angelo and Amanda (Ballroom Dancers)
Marty Brown (Country singer)
The Chicago Boys (Acrobatics/Jumprope)
Leon & Romi (Illusionists)
Anna Christine (11yo singer)
Kenichi Ebina (video and live act)
John Wing (Comedian)
Branden James (Opera singer)
KrisTef Brothers (Comedic Arobatics)
American Military Spouses Choir (Choir)
Timber Brown (Acrobatic aerialist)
Jimmy Rose (Country singer)

**

D'Angelo and Amanda (Ballroom Dancers)
Standing Ovation by audience
Mel B: You're technically flawless. But I have to say I
Howie: The truth is we are at a place - You gotta step it up. The last routine was the best I've seen in the history of AGT. I don't think you went up.
Howard: Howie is wrong. If the criteria is to up your game, you did. When you went into the water, you could slip and fall, and with the precise moves you were making...
Heidi: I think the two of you are fierce. I loved the performance. The sparkle and the splash-dance in the end... I loved it.
[The were very precise. And I didn't realize until Howard said something about how slippery it was out there. With that being the case (I thought the dance in the water was great...) it's even better than I had thought. We'll have to see if they make it through.]

Commercials - Segment #2

Marty Brown (Country singer)
Standing Ovation by audience
Mel B: Marty, first of all I want to say that was a lot better than the last time. Still there were some quivering spots for you where you were not spot on.
Howie: You proved me wrong. You can handle the pressure. Tonight people will have to push the edge.
Heidi: Hands down, 100% better today than the last time we saw you. But tonight is jam-packed. We'll have to see what's going to happen.
Howard: I'm glad you didn't sing to your wife tonight like last time. I think you chose a safe performance because of what happened last time. I wanted you to explode.
[His voice is VERY country when singing. I thought he did quite well. As Heidi said, though, there are a lot of good acts. We'll have to see.]

Commercials - Segment #3

The Chicago Boys (Acrobatics/Jumpropes)
[One of the main guys broke his leg in three (3) places last time. They do have replacements, but...]
Standing Ovation by audience and judges
Howard: I have tosay that none ofyou broke your leg. I'm a little dissappointed. Jkg. They did something in there with a double-dutch and more...
Heidi: You guys are truly inspriring. I can see the joy in your face and it's contagious.
Mel B: I have to be honest. I didn't think you'd pull it off... But that was off the HOOOOK!
Howie: I don't know if they can see on TV the height... You are a headline act. You should go through. But it will take America voting.

Commercials - Segment #4

Leon & Romi (Illusionists)
Howard: Last time there was a lot of talk - it was so drawn out. This time, in 90 seconds you did seven (7) tricks.
Heidi: You wowed me, it was visually exciting. I don't know how you do it.
Mel B: How do you do it? That was problematic. I fell in love with magic all over again.
Howie: I have to say that I want to give a standing ovation to Howard Stern. Because I think you made the best choice. That was the best choice for your wildcard.
[We had an Amber Alert, so didn't see anything but the very end of the act. Sorry. By the audience, they did a great job. Even made Howie and Howard kiss each other. Of course, then Howard had to find his wife for a LONG kiss, and Howie got a short one from her, saying he felt better when he got back to his seat... ]

Commercials - Segment #5

Anna Christine (11yo singer)
Stamding Ovation by audience and female judges
Mel B: All the singers in this competition need to be .... You're 11yo. Such control. You're amazing.
Howie: Amazing.
Howard: 11yo. You are fantastic. I'm calling on my friend Jon Bon Jovi to come to the finals and sing with this girl. (I don't have his number...)
Heidi: I have the suspiscion that you have the strongest voice.

Commercials - Segment #6

Kenichi Ebina (video and live act)
Standing Ovation by audience and judges
Howie: This is the biggest talent show in the world. You sir are the biggest talent. You do absolutely everything. People have to vote. You should win a million dollars.
Howaard: I must applaud you. We have seen the strongest semi-finals in the history of AGT. There is nothing that I can say to you that could improve that performance.
Heidi: You are elevating dance to a whole new level. You are a genius.
Mel B: It's just mind-blowing what you do and how you do it... And how you think of it. I want to see this act in Vegas.

Commercials - Segment #7

John Wing (Comedian)
Howard: This guy is a pro. You can tell he's been on stage a million times. He's got themes.
Heidi: I like you John. You're every man's man. I think you're very relatable.
Mel B: You know what I was thinking... You are spot on. I really hope America embraces you and votes for you.
Howie: YOu know what John? This is the night of true talent. You do it well. You do it effortlessly. And I love you.
[I thought he was funny. It will take America voting, of course...]

Commercials - Segment #8

ILuminate and Fall Out Boys will be here tomorrow

Branden James (Opera singer)
Heidi: I'm sweating with you. Every time you do the high note, I'm sweating with you. You are the total package.
Mel B: I have to say that the camera really loves you. I hope tonight that they vote for you.
Howie: The competition tonight is mind-boggling. You are competing against a lot of different acts tonight. The bar is raised. You're on the bar.
Howard: There's no doubt that you have THE most powerful voice in the competition. Tonight I didn't feel like you loved the song. The power was there, the passion wasn't.
[The guy is an EXCELLENT singer - very operatic. I thought he did a great job.]

Commercials - Segment #9

KrisTef Brothers (Comedic Arobatics)
Standing Ovation by audience and judges
Heidi: You have proven that you have what it takes. I want you guys to win this. I feel this strongly about this.
Mel B: I love how you combine your strength with your comedy.
Howie: That was amazing. The trick you did on the chair...
Howard: The strength and balancing... We've seen it before, but you guys have brought it back with your comedy. I love it.
[They were great. The "fake sword swallowing (collapsable swords) was really unnecessary, and visible at time, but it worked. We'll see.]

Commercials - Segment #10

American Military Spouse Choir (Choir)
Standing Ovations by audience
Heidi: I love when you all get together ... And I love what your husbands do...
Howie: Wait wait wait... We have to judge on what these ladies did tonight, not what their husbands do. Did you like what they did tonight.
Heidi: I loved what you did tonight. (Howie: Better than Brandon James?) I loved what you did tonight.
Howard: I felt tonight's performance was more pleasant, maybe more USO than RCMH. I applaud you, I love you... I don't know
Mel B: This competition is really tough. And the singing category was through the roof. Ladies what you did tonight was really good, but was it good enough?
[Beautiful. But I spent years in choirs, so I may be biased.]

Commercials - Segment #11

Timber Brown (Acrobatic aerialist)
Howie: You got tangled up a little didn't you (yes). But when we're seeing danger acts, it comes to me. I think it wsa 3 times as dangerous, but I don't know if America got it.
Howard: Howie's right. The danger was up. But this is ... we're right at the wire ... What happened for me is you got tangled up, messing with the wires and stuff...
Heidi: I don't think this was your best act.
Mel B: I think people are getting a bit lazy  around here. That was dangerous (Howie: America has to vote for him.) Yes. America has to vote for him.

Final Act of the night
Jimmy Rose (Country singer)
Heidi: I think you sing from the heart and I do think America responds to it. But tonight has been a tough day with a lot of standing ovations.
Mel B: Jimmy, when you started singing, I thought OOf... Then I started listening. I felt it all.
Howie; This is a tough night. America is going to have to vote for you. Get on the phones and vote.
Howard; I think people like you very much. But as a singing performance goes, I think it was "nice". And this was a night people were blowing us away.

That's it for tonight.

Cya tomorrow! ;-)

-----

No comments: