Tuesday, September 10, 2013

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2013 - 09/10/2013 - RCMH, NY (Live Top-12)

NBC Highlights.

**

12 acts tonight. Only six (6) will make it through to the finals, next week. No Judge's choice tonight. All will be put through by America's votes.

The Top 12 are:
Innovative Force
Forte
Collins Keys
Taylor Williamson
Cami Bradley
Catapult Entertainment
Branden James
Chicago Boys
Kristef Brothers
Jimmy Rose
Kenichi Ebina
D'Angelo and Amanda

**

First up, The Chicago Boyz (Acrobatics & Jumprope)
Audience = Standing Ovation
Mel B: I just love everything about you guys. There were a couple of mistakes tonight, but I don't think that matters.
Howie: We're almost at the end of the line, and we are looking at the best of the best. But you did have a couple of mistakes. It's going to take America to vote you through.
Howard: That's why tonight is going to be interesting... It's a war of nerves. You are phenomenal performers.
Heidi: You are a great act. You make me smile. I really really like you guys every time.
[They did a great job. Some of the act is redundant, but they've stepped up - especially the jumproping. It will take America. We'll see.]

Commercials - Segment #2

Branded James (Operatic Singer)
"Hallelujah"
Audience = Standing Ovation
Mel B: When I heard you were doing this song, I thought Oh Gosh because it's such a big song. Then you owned it.
Howie: When I saw you chose this song... I think the first thing you did right was choose this song.
Howard: I felt you tonight. You made a connection with this audience. You know what everyone is going to do. They're gonna compare you to Forte.
Heidi: You sang to your strength. And today, better than last times'.
Nick: Why that song? Becuase it inspires me. I get letters all the time from people, and I hope this inspires them. It will get better out there.
[Wow. Beautiful. Compared or not. This could be a final with two opera singers/groups in it. He's great.]

Commercials - Segment #3

Innovative Force (Young girl Dance Troup/Cheerleader-type acrobats)
Audience, Heidi & Mel - Standing Ovation
Howard: I think the crowd is going crazy for you because you're adorable. I think what you did wisely was add in more dance and added in trampoline.
Heidi: You girls worked so hard and it really shows. My girls are doing cartwheels and dance steps because they want to be just like you.
Mel B: This week I was a little worried for you. You were on point. I loved it loved it loved it.
Howie: I kept thinking are they just cheerleaders, you needed a wow moment, and you had it.
[Great job, but we'll have to see. They are kind of an acquired taste. Not sure if America has acquired it, yet. We'll see.]

Commercials - Segment #4

Kristef Brothers (Strength/Acrobatics/Comedy)
Audience and Judges - Standing Ovation
Heidi: I love you guys. You are hilarious. I don't know if in the end that was a mistake, but I love you guys.
Mel B: You are bloody entertaining. You have strength and comedy. I want to buy my ticket to see your show.
Howie: I love you guys. It's like a Richard Simmons tape on steroids.
Howard: You took a routine and made it an SNL skit. You are the first that are definitely going to go through.
[They're good. I like the way they combine comedy with the strength, taking it away from the circus act it could easily be.]

Commercials - Segment #5

D'Angelo and Amanda (Kid Ballroom Dancers)
Audience, Heidi & Mel B - Standing Ovation
Mel B: Yes, yes, yes. Welcome back to the competition. Very talented.
Howie: You are also ramping it up. It's going to be the toughest night America's had. Don't take for granted your favorite will make it through.
Howard: On any other season, you would have already been crowned the winners. But that's how good the talent is this year.
Heidi: You know I love the two of you. I saw some moves we've seen from you before, but it still packs a punch.
[I thought it was a little flat this time. That just shows how good they are, when "flat" is good enough to win the competition and judges over. I don't think there are many adults who could dance the way they do. Good luck, guys!]

Commercials - Segment #6

Catapult Entertainment (Shadow/Silhouette Dance)
Audience and judges - Standing Ovation
Howard: I loved CE from the beginning. In my opinion you took a stumble last week. You told a simple story this week. We connected emotionally. Again, you're going through. Good for you.
Howie: What I love about you... They said it's like Silhouettes last year. But you do what you do best. It told a story about bullying.
Heidi: I loved it too and I love that you put such a positive message out there.
Mel B: That was breathtaking. I don't know how you do it. I want to learn how you do it.
CE: We need to stand up for people who can't stand up for themselves.
[Great! They are one of the best.]

Commercials - Segment #7

Forte (Operatic Trio)
Audience and judges - Standing Ovation, long applause
Howard: You guys always pick the right songs. You know how to harmonize and you know when to harmonize. Here's the third act going through.
Heidi: You sing like true professionals. Three thumbs up.
Mel B: You are definitely going through. When you harmonize, I just want to melt.
Howie: It's amazing, three amazingly talented men singing a song about a sinking ship have brought this evening to amazing heights.
[It's going to be VERY hard for anyone to beat these guys... They are just THAT good!]

Commercials - Segment #8

Taylor Williamson (Comedian)
Audience - Standing Ovation
Heidi: I thought it was really funny when you said you were sending your therapy bills to your mom? I'm going to be sending you mine. You're growing on me.
Howard: I hope people vote for you. When I envision sitting on my couch again, watching the finals, I see you. I thought you did a great job tonight.
Mel B: Ohhhh...
Taylor: Go back to Howard... Go back to Howard...
Howard gives a couple more positive remarks, then throws it to Howie, skipping Mel.
Howie: We see people who sing great and dance great on this show, but that's training. A comedian comes and plays his character, and it's all him.
[He has some really good material, and some ok material. Either way, he's doing a good job with it all. He can make it, if America votes.]

Commercials - Segment #9

Collins Key (young Magician)
Mel B: How'd he do it? Very impressive. Well done, Collins, well done.
Howard: Yeah, I like Collins. If I have one thing to critique, I'd say you need to speed it up a bit.

Commercials - Segment #10

Kenichi Ebina (Dances with Videos performer)
Audience and judges - Standing Ovation
Mel B: This is crazy. I just don't know how you do it... Come up with the idea/concept. Every time you come onto the stage, you own it.
Heidi: It was beautiful. You are an artist.
Howie: You know what? Here's what I got out of it. If America cares at all, this is the man you should vote for. You are true, pure talent.
Howard: This is a guy who changed it... You thought he'd go even more crazy, but you brought it down and made it small. You are going to be in the top-2.
[He keeps coming up with moves I've never seen before. At first I wasn't sure about it, but he proved, this time, he could do interpretive dancing, and still do things we've never seen before. Top-2? Not sure. I think he may be through to next week, though.]

Commercials - Segment #11

Jimmy Rose (Country Singer)
Howie: This night - these are the 12 best acts - I was looking for that wow moment, and didn't feel it.
Mel B: I absolutely love you. You have to be likeable and humble, and that is you.
Heidi: This might have not been my most favorite act of the night, but you always give it your all.
Howard: I have to agree with Howie. I'm not sure you're making the emotional connections. Jimmy's in a tough position. He's got to win.
[He's good. He's kina a typical country singer. He's got a good country voice. Otherwise, though... ???]

Commercials - Segment #12

Cami Bradley (Singer)
Audience and judges - Standing Ovation
Heidi: You did it again. You did again what you do best. You take an iconic song and make it your own.
Mel B: Last week I wasn't that much of a Cami fan, but this time - You're amazing.
Howie: You're a star... You're an angel...
Howard: You remind me of Linda Ronstadt. She used to interpret them. And that's what you do.
[She did do it again. She changes the songs just enough that you question, for a short time, what they are. Then she really pushes them into her own voice. Man. Any other year, she'd have no problem getting through. This year, though...]

Boy... This is a tough one. But with the Top-12, I guess you'd have to expect it to be.

Cya Tomorrow, when the top 6 (by America's vote only) are chosen. ;-)

-----

No comments: