Tuesday, August 12, 2014

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2014 - Live Show @ RCMH - 08/12/2014

RCMH = Radio City Music Hall in New York City

This is the third quarter-final.

Remember - I try to quote and spell names correctly, but as fast as they move sometime and the new keyboard still giving my fingers fits, I paraphrase and do the best I can, sometimes.

Nick is introduced and he introduces the judges.

All Videos - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video
Full Episodes - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/episodes
The 12 acts from which five will be chosen tonight:
Dragon House the Agents (Dancer group)
Anna Clendening (Singer with Anxiety Disorder)
Today Show's winniong act - Cornell Bhangra (Dance group)
Kieran and Finian Makepeace - Musical act (playing and singing)
Mike Super (& Desmond) (Magician)
Adrian Romoff (Pianist - 8yo)
AcroArmy (Acrobats)
Wendy Liebman (Comedies)
Sons of Serendip (musicians)
Bleu Journey (Dancing with animated background)
Christen Stoinev and Scooby (Acrobat with a dog)
Paul Ieti (Singer)

**

Dragon House the Agents (Dancer group)
Mel B - What a great way to open the show. Precision.
Howie - It is exciting. I think I heard you (Mel) screaming too because of the twisting.
Howard - You guys are great and great at what you do. Cautionary - I've seen you a couple of times already and both are similar.
Heidi - I think you guys are great. I love this type of dance. You have to keep surprising us.
(Kind of a boring hip-hop/rap dance. The music was very bass - typical of the hip-hop/rap songs. Not one of my favorites, but it's up to America.)

Commercials

Anna Clendening (Singer with Anxiety Disorder)
Howie - I feel very emotional right now because of your story and hearing it in relation to Robin Williams' story (suicide last night) I don't know what  to say but Thank You.
Heidi - I hope that your journey will continue with us.
Howard - I am listening to a body of your work... I thought it was not as emotional as your prior acts. It was nice.
Mel B - I loved it. You sang like an angel.
(I give her props for getting out there and performing and I hope she continues to get better. I thought she was a bit flat throughout. Within that constraint she sang very well. Again, it's up to America.)

Commercials

Today Show's winning act - Cornell Bhangra (Dance group)
Audience, Mel and Heidi - Standing O
Heidi - This was so much fun... Like a fusion Bollywood/Hip-hop
Howard - First of all I'm surprised no one fell off the stage at the end. I think you have an advantage, coming in... We haven't seen you before...
Mel B - I have to say that was off the chain.
Howie - It was exciting. It was unexpected. You brought a new age to it. Congratulations.
(Pretty good. Thought the last few moments were not much (bouncing up and down), but the costumes and rest of the act were cool. We'll see.)

Commercials

Kieran and Finian Makepeace - Musical act (playing and singing)
Heidi - I feel like you took a vibrant pop song and made it anemic.
Mel B - I loved it. You took us somewhere with it in your own style.,
Howie - It's where you are in the live show. After Bhangra you were very low-key.
Howard - I seemed to lack something, You guys do take risks. This was a bit laskluster. There's something about you that I hope America sees in you.
(I don't recall ever having heard the song before. (Heidi likes the original.) It seemed to me to be a "downer" song. They have great harmonies and play well. I guess we'll see.)

Commercials

Mike Super (& Desmond) (Magician)
Howard - I gotta tell you I hate Desmond. I know you believe in him, I guess. I don't like the schtick. You are a great magician yourself.
Howie - Amazing. Not only are you so spectacular, but guys everywhere are going to try to figure out how to make women feel something when they're not there.
Heidi - I loved it. Thought it was fantastic.
(I've heard them complain before about how long it takes a magician to set up a trick. They should have this time, too. It was slow. And Desmond (his imaginary "spirit" friend) is as Howard said. Too much. I think I get why he's using him and it may be for the funniness, but it adds too much time to the setup and trick.)

Commercials

Adrian Romoff (Pianist - 8yo)
Howie - You are a Phenom. Not only your playing is phenomenal, but you play with a passion.
Howard - We have to remind those at home that you are 8 years old. You are a fabulous entertainer.
Heidi - I love watching you. You are a genius and a comedian at the same time.
Mel B - I don't think you realize how entertaining you are. Do you? (I do!)
(The kid is good. I heard some mistakes in the playing, but it doesn't matter. He's waving his arms around, his glasses fell off, and he did a great job making us laugh and playing. Kinda reminds me of a little Victor Borge.)

Commercials

AcroArmy (Acrobats)
Audience, Mel, Heidi, Howie
Howard - Love love love AcroArmy. You guys are really amazing.
Heidi - This is exactly what IU want to see on AGT
Mel B - That was AMAZING.
Howie - This is the kind of act that draws people to the show.
(That was COOL. Similar to Cirque du Soleil (acrobats only), but there was a lot of flying, flipping and semi-dancing. They should get through easily.)

Commercials

Wendy Liebman (Comedies)
Heidi - I love your stream of consciousness always under your breath...,
Mel B - FINALLY a lovely woman who made us laugh throughout.
Howard - You came out like a rock-star tonight.
Howie - She is truly... It's the hardest profession. Every swing you took was a home run.
(Funny. She should get through.)

Commercials

Sons of Serendip (musicians)
Heidi, Mel B, Howie Standing
Mel B - That was just beautiful. How interesting that you only came together a coup=
Howie - You made me feel so good.
Howard - I think it's a strong night tonight and America has a tough choice tonight,.
Heidi - This was covering a well known song and making it better.
(Beautiful. Great job.)

Bleu Journey (Dancing with animated background)
Standing O - All judges
Heidi - Very sophisticated performance. You really have a new take on it. I don't know if the audience could take it all in.
Mel B - You guys have brought something so new to the show. I want you guys to win it all.
Howie - You have taken us on a new journey. It's amazing. New, fresh, original. The best dance I have ever seen on our show.
Howard - We've seen all kinds of dancers, but you have brought us to the next level of originality.
(Reminds me of the guy that won last year. They are not the only ones dancing to an animated background, though. Great job.)

Commercials

Christen Stoinev and Scooby (Acrobat with a dog)
Standing O by everyone
Mel B - I was worried for the dog. What an entertaining night we've had. I didn't want it to stop at all.
Heidi - Great performance. I loved it.
Howard - Let's remind America you were the guy that put your finger in a campaign bottle and
Howie - Can I say I've been a judge for 5 years, and this is the best night we've. I saw you and said Ayyy... And then I saw Scooby and said Ayyy Chihuahua.
(Fantastic act. Hope the guy has another dog being Scooby's understudy. Scooby is 11 years old. He will be able to continue somewhat longer, but... Great act. We'll see...)

Commercials

Paul Ieti (Singer)
Heidi - Heartfelt performance. Overall, job well done.
Mel B - Perfect way to end the night. You sing with such passion.
Howie - You just gave America a very tough decision.
Howard - Incredible night of TV. On any night you'd go through, but was it good enough. I hope you do.

That's it.

My choices tonight:
AcroArmy (Acrobats)
Sons of Serendip (musicians)
Bleu Journey (Dancing with animated background)
Christen Stoinev and Scooby (Acrobat with a dog)
Paul Ieti (Singer)

Results show tomorrow night. Cya then! ;-)

No comments: