Tuesday, August 26, 2014

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2014 - Live Show @ RCMH - 08/26/2014

RCMH = Radio City Music Hall in New York City

This is the first semi-final.

Remember - I try to quote and spell names correctly, but as fast as they move sometime and the new keyboard still giving my fingers fits, I paraphrase and do the best I can, sometimes.

Nick is introduced and he introduces the judges.

All Videos - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video
Full Episodes - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/episodes

The acts that made the semi-finals are:
Emily West
Dan Naturman
Miguel Dakota
David and Leeman
Bailas Conmuigo
Andrey Moraru
Jaycob Curleb
Aerial Animation
Mat Franco
Mara Justine
Sons of Serindip
Bleu Journey
Paul Ieti
Christen Stoinev
AcroArmy
Emil & Dariel
Jonah Smith
Quintavious Johnson
Smoothini
Kelli Glover

And the Judge's Wildcards:
Heidi - Flight Crew Jump Rope (Jump Rope Crew)
Howie - Mike Super
Howard - Wendy Liebman
Mel B - Bad Boys of Ballet

Tonight, six will go through:
Heidi's Wildcard - Flight Crew Jump Rope (Jump Rope Crew)
Mara Justine (12yo Singer)
Mel B's Wildcard - Bad Boys of Ballet (Dance group)
Paul Ieti (Singer)
Howie's Wildcard - Mike Super (Magician)
Andrey Moraru (Balancing Act)
Miguel Dakota (Singer)
Sons of Serindip (Musical group)
David and Leeman (Magicians)
Dan Naturman (Comedian)
Aerial Animation (Aerial performer)
Emily West (Singer)

**

Heidi's Wildcard:
Flight Crew Jump Rope (Jump Rope Crew)
Heidi, Mel and Audience Standing O
Heidi - Yes, they made me proud.
Mel B - That is the way to kick off the show tonight. Well done,.
Howie - I don't agree. It looked like more of the same. And I think the pressure got to them.
Howard - I feel bad for you guys. Because you were confused. I speak for America. When you do your thing, it's beautiful, but it's similar. Here's my suggestion - Isolate some members. (the girls - They DID! Howard - No they didn't. Watch it on TV.
(They are good at what they do. I think Howard and Howie were off a bit, and maybe the girls were a bit over the top. They have the chance, but it will take America voting them through.)

Commercials

Mara Justine (12yo Singer)
Howie - First of all she brought me to my feet in the middle of her song. You sing with the passion of someone twice your age. You are exactly what this show needs. People have to vote for you.
Howard - I'm really glad we put you through. I think of you as Superman... Sometimes he's Clark Kent. You played your voice softly (Clark) and brought it up to Superman. Good job.
Mel B - You are an amazing proper artist.
Heidi - The song is Breakaway but for me it's Breakout. I see you spread your wings right into the finals.
(She reminds me of a bespeckled Jackie Evancho. That kid has an amazingly powerful voice. She could go through to the finals with votes.)

Commercials

Mel B's Wildcard
Bad Boys of Ballet (Dance group)
Mel B - I just think at this point there's no room for error and that was seamless.
Howard - You have a great act. You're sexy to watch. When you have 90 seconds, when you ran off stage for 40 seconds, you lose it.
Heidi - You are great dancers.
Howie - I agree with Heidi. I don't know if it's a million dollar act, but you were wonderful. If you don't make it then someone could pick you up as background dancers.)
(I'm not as into dance acts this year for some reason, but they were pretty damn good. But at this level, they would HAVE to be, wouldn't they? As with all of them, it will take America voting them through. Good luck!)

Commercials

Paul Ieti (Singer)
Heidi - I have to be honest. This was not your best vocal performance.
Mel B - I think when you hear that back you will not be as happy as you should be. You were a little off tonight.
Howie - Mara did a lot better than you.
Howard - Your a hero, but we have to separate your story from it. I don't think you will be happy with the playback.
(I thought he was a little flat through the whole song. I was hoping for him, but I don't think he did it, tonight.)

Commercials

Howie'x Wildcard
Mike Super (Magician)
Howie - Everything about this pleases me. This thing you did shows me
Mel B - I'm really glad you're back. How did you do that?
Howard - You listened to me and got rid of the dumb dead idiot Desmond. Good job.
Howie - This is like you - out of the box. New and unique. I liked it.
(My only problem with him is that his setups are slow to my mind. The "magic" is great, but... We'll see.)

Commercials

Andrey Moraru (Balancing Act)
Standing O by audience and Judges
Howie - What I love about this show is you can see anything. I believe you showed us everything,. It's thrilling to see you and to watch you.
Howard - You said it best in your packet, you speak in the language of movement. This is compelling every time I see you.
Heidi - I love what you do. You are a human pretzel
Mel B - Since no one else mentioned it - There were a few hiccups, right? It didn't matter. You were still captivating. I loved it.
(He's amazing. He is a partial contortionist and balance act. He twists and turns, usually balanced on one hand. The "hiccups" were a couple of slips, but he covered them quickly, as a professional would. I think he will go through.)

Commercials

Miguel Dakota (Singer)
Howard - You have the look. The one thing you're missing is that people will snooze through that one. You need to work on... I don't know.
Heidi - I think America's new heartthrob has arrived.
Howie - I think Howard is wrong. I think you have a great chance of winning the million.
Mel B - You have that star quality. And you can sing!
(I think Howard was a dick on this one, but the song was kinda monotone-ish. And he sang behind the mike like a guy with an wire electric guitar who can't move much or far. Even so, that may make him unique enough to move on these days. We'll see.)

Commercials

Sons of Serindip (Musical group)
Heidi and Howie Standing O
Heidi - You sang so beautifully tonight I don't think you
Mel B - You took a well-known song and flipped it and made it your own.
Howie - If you're voting on talent, then it's you. If you're voting for popularity, then it's Miguel.
Howard - The worse name for a band. But you're fantastic.
(I didn't recognize the song, but it was beautiful. Again, though, I thought he was just a touch flat throughout the song. Maybe my ears are deceiving me? They usually don't. ;-) )

Commercials

David and Leeman (Magicians)
Mel B - Even though there's a lot going on, you kept us entertained.
Howie - I liked it.
Howard - Must be the big trick going around. You do it best, though.
Heidi - I'm happy that I didn't have to hit my buzzer and happy that I didn't have to call 911.
(Howard's right. I've seen the act before and others are pretty good, but these guys are more engaging than others.)

Dan Naturman (Comedian)
Heidi - It is impressive that you managed to offend everyone. (I didn't see that. Sounds like she was watching someone else.)
Mel B - I think you're funny. I love your schtick.
Howie - He made you laugh. It's smart writing. I think America needs to go Naterman.
Howard - You put us at ease. It's RCMH - a big stage. I look forward to you coming on.
ONLINE they say the judges are cranky tonight. Heidi said it wasn't funny.
(Tonight, he reminded me of Jon Lovitz from SNL. Naturman is funny, but I'm not sure everyone will get the humor. I hope so. It would be nice to have a comedian make it again. - I call Terry Fator a comedian, even though he's also a singer and ventriloquist.)

Commercials

Aerial Animation (Aerial performer)
Mel B - I have to think back to the first time we saw you. The ideas were there, but the delivery was disjointed. It was a little slow. I was disappointed.
Heidi - I feel like today you took a step back.
Howard - We are watching a performance here that is very very smart. Your strength holding her up with one hand shows strength. Fantastic.
Howie - I feel like I agree with everyone. I responded to the action.
(She concluded the story she's been telling through all her performances. I just thought things went a little slow. I guess I expected more. Maybe I shouldn't have. We'll see.)

Commercials

Emily West (Singer)
Standing O by everyone
Heidi - You have that special... That old Hollywood glamor style. What can I say, I have a lady crush on you.
Mel B - Your voice is smooth and silky, I could listen to it all night long.
Howie - This is what were striving for. You rose to the occasion.
Howard - This is the best musical performance of the night. This is a star. She's got the look and attitude. She is stupendous. How lucky are we that we had a night like this? If people don't vote then other acts get through.
(She's wonderful and "old Hollywood". She should go through easily.)

**

So the acts that played tonight:
Flight Crew Jump Rope (Jump Rope Crew) (Heidi's Wildcard)
Mara Justine (12yo Singer)
Bad Boys of Ballet (Dance group) (Mel B's Wildcard)
Paul Ieti (Singer)
Howie's Wildcard - Mike Super (Magician)
Andrey Moraru (Balancing Act)
Miguel Dakota (Singer)
Sons of Serindip (Musical group)
David and Leeman (Magicians)
Dan Naturman (Comedian)
Aerial Animation (Aerial performer)
Emily West (Singer)

My top five from them is:
Flight Crew Jump Rope (Jump Rope Crew) (Heidi's Wildcard)
Mara Justine (12yo Singer)
Andrey Moraru (Balancing Act)
Sons of Serindip (Musical group)
David and Leeman (Magicians)
Emily West (Singer)

Results show tomorrow night.

Cya then! ;-)

No comments: