Tuesday, September 02, 2014

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2014 - Live Show @ RCMH - 09/02/2014

RCMH = Radio City Music Hall in New York City

This is the second semi-final.

Remember - I try to quote and spell names correctly, but as fast as they move sometime and the new keyboard still giving my fingers fits, I paraphrase and do the best I can, sometimes.

Nick is introduced and he introduces the judges.

All Videos - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video
Full Episodes - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/episodes


The acts that made the semi-finals are:
Emily West
Dan Naturman
Miguel Dakota
David and Leeman
Bailas Conmuigo
Andrey Moraru
Jaycob Curleb
Aerial Animation
Mat Franco
Mara Justine
Sons of Serindip
Bleu Journey
Paul Ieti
Christen Stoinev
AcroArmy
Emil & Dariel
Jonah Smith
Quintavious Johnson
Smoothini
Kelli Glover

And the Judge's Wildcards:
Heidi - Flight Crew Jump Rope (Jump Rope Crew)
Howie - Mike Super
Howard - Wendy Liebman
Mel B - Bad Boys of Ballet

Tonight, six will go through from these twelve:
Jonah Smith (Musician/Singer)
Baila Conmuigo (Salsa Dance troupe)
Jaycob Curleb (Singer)
Mat Franco (Magician)
AcroArmy (Acrobatic troupe)
Kelli Glover (Singer)
Wendy Liebman (Comedian) (Howard's Wildcard)
Blue Journey (Animation and Ballet)
Emil & Dariel (Cellists)
Smoothini (Magician)
Christian Stoinev (Acrobat w/Scooby the Chihuahua)
Quintavious Johnson (Singer)

**

Jonah Smith (Musician/Singer)
Mel B - Yes yes yes yes yes... That's how you open a show. I love you guys.
Howie - I agree... What a way to open the show. So far tonight, and I think America will agree with me, you are the best.
Heidi - You're voice is soulful and I love you.
Howard - You're my favorite male performer. I don't think this was your best performance. You need to bring your show closer. I love you, but you have to be smart about it.
(I didn't recognize the song, but I liked it. I think he will make it.)

Commercials

Baila Conmuigo (Salsa Dance troupe)
Audience and girl judges - Standing O
Howie - You guys are amazing. I don't mean to be critical, but the 8 little ones steal the show. The energy comes down when the adults dance.
Howard - You gotta do something a little different. Howie means if you bring the kids out alone, you get votes. Adults, not so many. You have to be smart about it.
Heidi - Loved it loved it loved it. Such a great act watching you, I can't get the smile off my face.
Mel B - I felt like you did do something different. I don't think it can get any better than that.
(I am not sure what they could do differently. They are a large troup and have kids to adults. They are dancing the Salsa, so the dances will be very similar between shows. They use the kids to good effect, and the adults get enough time to show their stuff, too. Good job. Enough? We'll see.)

Commercials

Jaycob Curleb (Singer)
Howard - You spoke of not getting down when you get critique. This time I felt a connection. Your best performance, yet.
Heidi - Some people are blessed with a great voice and you are one of them.
Mel B - Not sure if America will like that performance.
Howie - It's no longer about your story. It's going to be up to America.
(Interesting arrangement. He sang it well, but it was kinda flat - in feeling. It'd be nice if he made it. We'll see.)

Commercials

Mat Franco (Magician)
Howard - First of all I have to compliment you on getting rid of Mel's phone. It's exciting to see your professionalism.
Heidi - How did you do that? I think what you do is so unforgettable.
Howie - Amazing. That was amazing. You opened on close-up magic and used the whole theater.
Mel B - That was my phone. There's something about you - Your delivery.
(Pretty good. A lot more energy than some of the other magic acts.)

Commercials

AcroArmy (Acrobatic troupe)
Everyone - Standing O
Mel B - I don't think I have words to describe what I just saw. That was just incredible.
Howie - Amazing is the word. You are even more than the US Army "Be all that you can be".
Howard - It's confusing to me why you don't place higher. Do you think it's that people at home can't see it all like we can? You can't do any better than you just did.
Heidi - I felt like I was already in Vegas and paid top-dollar to watch you guys. I think the biggest compliment I can give you guys is that this is already a million dollar act.
(Much more than an act in a cheerleader competition this time. There was a LOT of flying around, and not one mistake that I saw. Wow. They should be through.)

Commercials

Kelli Glover (Singer)
Howie - We see that you don't know that you're worthy, and you start off that way, but then you and everyone else sees you are.
Howard - When I see you I see you on a cruise ship or something.
Heidi - I think you have the voice and you filled the big stage.
Mel B - Tonight you lost it. I don't know if it's the song or the choreography. It seemed like you didn't give it your all tonight. It's so frustrating because you can sing.
(I thought she did quite well. I saw "flat" before and she wasn't, metaphorically or actually. She showed her stuff. We'll see. Obviously, it will take America to get her through.)

Commercials

Wendy Liebman (Comedian) (Howard's Wildcard)
Howard and Howie - Standing O
Howard - It's such a tough show for comics. It's so hard to quiet the audience and make them laugh.
Heidi - I love this type of comedy. This way, that way, then under your breath.
Mel B - Strong funny woman. I thank Howard for bringing you back.
Howie - You hone each word. You write each word. You have to make the audience laugh every five seconds... Great job.
(She had a good night tonight. Hope she makes it.)

Blue Journey (Animation and Ballet)
Standing O by audience and judges
Heidi - Like a Dali painting come to live.
Mel B - The amount of creativity in that is mind-boggling. So unique.
Howard - Very risky doing such a slow song for 90 seconds.
Howie - This is what I was saying. That's GreFamMazing - Great, Fantastic and Amazing all at once.
(May be a way to introduce ballet to the younger generation. Great job. We'll see.)

Commercials

Emil & Dariel (Cellists)
Standing O
Mel B - You just come out here and you just smash it,.
Howie - The truth is you guys were perfect. It was like Paul McCartney didn't show up for his own concert.
Howard - I remind the world that you are 14 and 16. I thought, why not bring in a singer?
Heidi - I think Paul McCartney would be most proud. Axl Rose would be most proud. Why don't you bring your grandpa up on stage (He was very flattered at the judges suggesting it, but he had open-heart surgery a few years ago and hasn't been able to play since. He's living it through us.)
(I loved this. These guys are good. Singer or not.)

Commercials

Smoothini (Magician)
Heidi - I love it when you do this close-up magic. It's awesome., You really earned your name today.
Mel B - I think you stepped it up tonight.
Howie - Last time the room didn't explode. Tonight I think it did.
Howard - I still maintain the act seems small to me. I worry that the audience at home may not feel connected as us here.
(He does small bar tricks. Kinda hard to ramp it up to big-box stuff. Howard doesn't complain about other close-up magician's stuff. Not sure why he doesn't seem to like this guy's. It will take America to vote him through, but "America's Judge" may have poisoned the pool for him.)

Commercials

Christian Stoinev (Acrobat w/Scooby the Chihuahua)
Mel B - I love Scooby and Scooby 2, but tonight you just did two hand-balancing acts and after that it went flat.
Heidi - I could watch you all night and my kids are obsessed with the dogs. I loved it.
Howard - You are a strength act, and tonight it felt more like a dog act.
Howie - (Talks to Scooby... then) Christian you were good, too.
(The act is him and the dog(s). He said he put the act together in the two weeks since the last time hd was on. If so, then he did a great job, but again, America will have to vote him through. We'll see.)

Commercials

Quintavious Johnson (Singer)
Standing O
Heidi - Your name is as unique as your talent. 12yo. Amazing.
Mel B - You just got it. You just got it. You just got it. You just got it.
Howie - You are gold like your jacket.
Howard - You taught everyone a lesson tonight. How to sell an act and how to sell a song. America, vote for Quintavious.
(Kid could be another Michael Jackson.)

**

So the acts that played tonight:
Jonah Smith (Musician/Singer)
Baila Conmuigo (Salsa Dance troup)
Jaycob Curleb (Singer)
Mat Franco (Magician)
AcroArmy (Acrobatic troup)
Kelli Glover (Singer)
Wendy Liebman (Comedian) (Howard's Wildcard)
Blue Journey (Animation and Ballet)
Emil & Dariel (Cellists)
Smoothini (Magician)
Christian Stoinev (Acrobat w/Scooby the Chihuahua)
Quintavious Johnson (Singer)

My top six from them is:
Jonah Smith (Musician/Singer)
Mat Franco (Magician)
Wendy Liebman (Comedian) (Howard's Wildcard)
Blue Journey (Animation and Ballet)
Emil & Dariel (Cellists)
Quintavious Johnson (Singer)
though there are others that could/should make it...

Results show tomorrow night.

Cya then! ;-)

No comments: