Tuesday, September 16, 2014

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2014 - Live Show @ RCMH - 09/16/2014

The Finals live in NYC at the Radio City Music Hall (RCMH)

All Videos - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video
Full Episodes - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/episodes

The Top 6 say something about being here.

The Top 6 are:
Emily West (Singer)
AcroArmy (Acrobatic troupe)
Quintavious Johnson (12yo singer)
Mat Franco (Magician)
Sons of Serendip (Musical group)
Miguel Dakota (Singer)

Nick introduces the Top 6, then the judges.

Howard - Six great acts who have been  through it all. There are four singing acts. Will that group be split? Then AcroArmy and a Magician in their own categories.

Each act performs twice. Once with what they think of as their turning point, then once with something new.

**

Quintavious Johnson (12yo singer)
Standing O by all
Mel B - Look at Q. He's opening AGT with his name in lights. Incredible.
Howie - Your music fills my head and heart.
Howard - I'm feeling Q all over the place. He's a real pro at 12 years old.
Heidi - Last week after the show I asked why you wanted to win so badly and you didn't say for the money or the fame. You said because there's nothing else for me. And that's why you are a winner.
(The kid has an amazing voice and personality.)

Commercials

Mat Franco (Magician)
Standing O by all
Howie - You have the whole package. You have charisma. You deserve to be here.
Howard - I feel bad for Mat because singers have it easy. He came out here and had to put a new spin on something he'd done.
Heidi - Everything about you is magic.
Mel B - I absolutely adore you. You keep us engaged. And it's the bomb.
(Yep. He's good. But then, he wouldn't be here if he wasn't would he? ;-) )

Commercials

Emily West (Singer)
Standing O by all
Howard - What a moving performance. Before I became a judge on the show I was a fan of the show. Back then, you fast forward through some acts. No one ever fast forwards through you.
Heidi - I never heard Chandelier before. Had to download it. Always remember your performance.
Mel B - I much preferred your first performance, but half-way through you nailed it.
Howie - You are beautiful and a beautiful talent. America will have to choose.
(She has an old Hollywood vibe about her. Her performances could just as easily have been on Dean Martin Show or other variety shows and that "feeling" has been lost until her.)

Commercials

Miguel Dakota (Singer)
Judges didn't stand but audience did.
Heidi - Last week I told you your voice got lost in the song. Tonight, I think you found your voice.
Mel B - You've got that special something.
Howie - I think America is going to vote. It's marketing and you've got it.
Howard - This is a talent competition. I don't think America will vote for marketing. I think you did a good job, but don't think it's good enough to win.
(Howard is a jerk. He is "America's Judge" and there are a LOT of people who vote as he says - whether it's right or not. That said, Miguel is good, of course, but has never really been MY favorite. - I'm not "America's Judge" so who's gonna vote as I say? LOL)

Commercials

Sons of Serendip (Musical group)
Standing O by all.
Mel B - They love you. I love you.
Howie - If you are voted by strictly talent? You are the most talented.
Howard - If you don't win, you have pure raw talent. You come across as a little retro. If that's why you lose, then it's too bad because you have superior talent.
Heidi - There is such sincerity in your performance.
(Wonderful. Only got together for the show and only performed in front of 20 people before the audition and most of those were family. If they DON'T win, they need to stay together and a producer needs to see they could really make it.)

Commercials

AcroArmy (Acrobatic troupe)
Standing O by all
Howie - Truly unbelievable. I saw you backstage and asked you what are you? Dancers, acrobats? And you said "We are athletes."
Howard - We have slogged through this competition, and you should win this thing,
Heidi - I'm asked who I think is going to win and I think of you first.
Mel B - You're death-defying. It's priceless. I would pay to see you.
(Love what they do. I don't think the singers will win, but who knows. If not, it's between Mat and AA. And AA is unique, I think ... like a cheerleading competition on steroids.)

Commercials

Mat Franco (Magician)
Standing O by all
Howard - I just told the last act they should win, now I'm going to tell you
Mel B - Every time I see you you shock me. You are magic.
Heidi - You are versatile. From the closeup to the stage.
Howie - Your grandmother is here and I know she's so proud. You are magical young man.
(He's very good. We haven't had a magician win, yet. That would be nice, but America's gotta vote.)

Commercials

Sons of Serendip (Musical group)
Standing O by all
Heidi - Yet another great performance. I want to give props to the rest of the band you are stellar musicians.
Mel B - Week in and w2eek out I can feel your emotion., I want to buy your album right now.
Howie - You talked about the honor of being here. What about our honor for being with you on your journey? America's honor for voting for you?
Howard - We can sit back as judges and be cheerleaders. You did such a beautiful take on this. This is too close to call.
(Beautiful)

Quintavious Johnson (12yo singer)
Standing O by all
Mel B - Q you are just a joy to watch. You took us on an emotional journey.
Howie - You are a star. Another winning performance. Not only are you a star but you are a wonderful person,.
Howard - I imagine if Paul McCartney is watching right now he's happy.
Heidi - When we met you you were a wonderful 12yo boy. Now you are a phenomenon.

Commercials

Miguel Dakota (Singer)
Heidi - With this performance tonight we've kinda come full circle. When we first saw you, it was just you and guitar like tonight.
Mel B - That was a risk that you took performing that song like that, but I liked it.
Howard - You said you wanted your last performance to be your best, and I think you did it.
Howie - I agree with everyone. You have to sell charisma. And you hit 100% on the charisma scale.
(As a guitarist, he's not wonderful. As a singer, he's ok. Together, he's good. With his looks, he may make it. We will have to see.)

Commercials

AcroArmy (Acrobatic troupe)
Standing O by all
Mel B - What just happened? You were thrilling and amazing. Your dedication to each other and the act.
Heidi - You really topped yourself. I didn't think you could but you did.
Howard - There's a reason you are here. You are unbelievable. You kept getting better and better and hit the peak at the right moment.
Howie - You are flying from here to there. That performance alone is a winning performance.
(Amazing. These, I swear, are the best acrobats we've seen on here.)

Commercials

Emily West (Singer)
Standing O by all
Heidi - I know you've had some ups and downs in the music industry. I'm so glad you didn't give up and I'm so glad America finally got to hear your voice.
Mel B - That was off the chain. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Howie - You said you took a risk. You don't waiver, you press on. That was a million dollar song right there.
Howard - She has charisma and original style and she can sing her butt off. We've had a fabulous season because of people like Emily. You finished the night with a spectacular bang. You are the greatest.
(Beautiful. She can sing better than ... well, she's wonderful.)

**

My choices (order):
1. Emily West (Singer)
2. AcroArmy (Acrobatic troupe)
3. Quintavious Johnson (12yo singer)
4. Sons of Serendip (Musical group)
5. Mat Franco (Magician)
6. Miguel Dakota (Singer)

Final results show tomorrow with all acts performing duets with major stars.

Cya then. ;-)

No comments: