Wednesday, August 21, 2013

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2013 - 08/21/2013 - Live Results Show #5

NBC Highlights.

**

Only four (4) will go through from the following twelve (12). And the judges choose two (2) "wild card" acts.

Virginia State University Gospel Chorale (Choir)
Melody Caballero (young Contortionist - last minute replacement for Red Panda)
Dave Fenley (singer)
2Unique (Rapper & DJ - 10 and 11yos)
Sam Johnson (Swey Pole)
Duo Resonance (Acrobats)
D'Angelo and Amanda (12 and 13yo Ballroom Dancers)
Selina McKenzie Gordon (15yo Singer)
John Wing (Comedian)
Sprice (Rube Goldberg stuff)
Ruby and Jonas (D'Angelo's younger sister - Ballroom Dancing)
Catapult Entertainment (Silhouette Dancers)

**

Montage of last night's show - back stage, the acts, the judges' comments, and some of the acts after their act.

After-Show in the Orville Lounge

Commercials - Segment #2

Snapple Half-'n-Half-time Report

Train performs Bruises with Ashley Monroe live

Commercials - Segment #3

First group: Virginia State University Gospel Chorale, Dave Finley, Selina McKenzie Gordon
America has voted. The act going into the semi-finals is: Dave Finley
Mel B: I have a feeling you knew you were going through. You're my guy. I love your voice, your presence... You deserve this.

Next group: 2Unique, Sam Johnson, Catapult Entertainment, Melody Cabollero
America has voted,. The act going into the semi-finals is: Catapult Entertainment
Howard: This should surprise no one. Catapult stole the show last night. In the history of AGT, last night's performance was the best.

Two places left, and five acts left.

Commercials - Segment #4

Montage of earlier acts who have gone through.

Tom Cotter (last year's runner-up - comedian) performs

Commercials - Segment #5

Next group: D'Angelo and Amanda and Ruby and Jonas
America has voted. The next act going into the semi-finals is: D'Angelo and Amanda
Heidi: I'm so sorry to see the two of you go. And don't cry Ruby. And to the two of you D'Angelo & Amanda, congratulations.

Last group (Judges decide, so one act goes home now): Duo Resonance, John Wing, Sprice
America has voted. The act LEAVING the competition and going home is: Sprice
Howie: We are happy you got to share your machines with us. I think America's got it right... I don't think you can compare your act with a comedian or singer. I'm glad we got to see you.

Judges decide between Duo Resonance and John Wing after the break

Commercials - Segment #6

Next Tuesday is the first Semi-Final. Twelve acts try to go through to the finals.
Next Wednesday, performing on stage live: One Direction

Duo Resonance and John Wing (voted 4th and 5th place)
Heidi: I know everyone thinks I don't like comedians and that isn't true. And John you made me LOL last night. And you guys (DR), you were beautiful. I'm going to choose Duo Resonance.
Howie: I constantly say that you have to get a response from the audience. John, you did. DR, you do things I can't even imagine. I really have to go, because I know it best: John Wing.
Mel B: John, you make me belly laugh every time you walk out. DR, you were so sexy. I have to go with my gut: John.
Howard: DR - You were remarkable. JW - You saw Tom last night, and he got robbed. I know I have to make a decision, and I'm going with John Wing.

John Wing made it through.

Heidi uses her wild-card and puts Duo Resonance through to the semi-finals.
Mel B uses her wild-card and puts Booty through to the semi-finals.
Howie and Howard willl use their wild-cards next week.

So, going through to the semi-finals this week are:
Dave Fenley (singer)
Catapult Entertainment (Silhouette Dancers)
D'Angelo and Amanda (12 and 13yo Ballroom Dancers)
John Wing (Comedian)


Wild Cards:
Heidi: Duo Resonance (Acrobats)
Mel B: Tone the Cheifrocka (rapper - one-hit-wonder "Booty")

That's it for this week.
Cya next week. ;-)

-----

No comments: