Tuesday, August 06, 2013

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2013 - 08/06/2013 - RCMH, NY (Live Show #3)

NBC Highlights.

**

I believe this is the group that went straight through (from commercials). There may be more than twelve (12), so there may be another show of them. We'll see. Meanwhile, four (4) of this  twelve (12) go through to the semi-finals.

Aerosphere Ariel Balloon Show (Aerialists)
Chicago Boyz (Acrobatics/Jump-Rope)
Mitsi Dancing School (Chinese Dance)
Kelsey and Bailey (Dog Act)
Brandon & Savannah (Brother/Sister Rock Group)
Leon and Romi (Illusionist/Magician/Escape Artist)
Deanna Dellacioppa (Singer)
David "The Cobra Kid" Weathers (Snake act)
Jonathan Allen (Operatic Singer)
Keneeci Ibina (Mime/Dance/Acrobat)
Jim Meskimen (Comedian/Impressionist)
American Military Spouses Choir (Singing)

**

Aerosphere Ariel Balloon Show (Aerialists)
Mel B - Standing O
Mel B - Mesmerizing to watch. Speechless.
Howie - It's exciting in the respect that on AGT this is the only place you'd have seen this. But I don't think the moves were that spectacular.
Howard - Here's the thing. This is an excellent use of the space in RCMH. What Howie is saying is do we want to see this again. Despite the audience here, the audience at home may be confused...
Heidi - I think it was very pretty, but I don't think it was grand enough. I kept thinking when is it going to get started.
[I understand that they only had 90 seconds to perform an act, and part of that had to be taken getting the balloon to go pick up the girl. She spun underneath the guy by her neck (his strap was on his neck, too). With a longer show, I think it would be better, but with 90 seconds, just not enough.]

Commercials - Segment #2

Chicago Boyz (Acrobatics/Jump-Rope)
Standing O by judges and audience
Howie: You are amazing. Absolutely amazing. Your life is great. Your entertainment is great.
Howard: You are great. You deserve it (the standing O). You were precise tonight.
Heidi: As everyone knows, every act is 90 seconds. You never dropped the ball. It was exciting.
Mel B: I absolutely love you.
[Mostly jump-rope and a little acrobatics, but they do it all VERY well and with a LOT of enthusiasm. They're great.]

Commercials - Segment #3

Mitsi Dancing School (Chinese Dance)
Howard: The dance of a thousand hands. Tonight is all about precision. It's an intelligent act, I told you before.
Heidi: You girls are all so beautiful. It is a visual feast to watch you all dance.
Mel B: So mystical, so beautiful, so amazing to watch.
Howie: The beauty is it is beautiful. It's new an original for us. I just loved it. It's breath-taking.
[Great job. The "hand dancing" at the beginning (the many-armed/handed god) was fantastic. They deserve to go through.]

Commercials - Segment #4

Kelsey and Bailey (Dog Act)
Heidi: Astonishing what you can do with your dog. I can barely get mine to sit. I don't know if it's enough.
Mel B: I think it's great you have such a lovely relationship with your dog. I don't think there were enough tricks.
Howie: I was going to say the exact same thing. I was bored.
Howard: The act is ... It's not an act that people are going to talk about tomorrow. I don't think this is memorable enough. I don't know that this is going to go over like last year (Olate Dogs won.)
[There were a lot of repeated tricks. I know what she was doing, but how many times can we watch a dog go between its owners legs backward? How many times can we watch it give high-fives? I mean, as the judges said, no matter what is felt about the dog and the girl, the ACT is the important thing, here.]

Commercials - Segment #5

Brandon & Savannah (Brother/Sister Rock Group)
Mel B: You're 13yo. You need to put some more clothes on. You got me. It was good.
Howie: It's hard to believe you're as young as you are. And you come from last year at a camp in front of 10 people to in front of 5000. You owned it.
Howard: You guys... To be 13yo and know how to do that. Prediction: You guys will be signed to a record lable.
Heidi: You guys rocked RCMH like true professionals.
[It was "messy"-sounding, but that would also be the AGT staff. Until they hit the refrain, I couldn't quite make out the song. Refrain, and I knew what it was. It sounded like the broadcast soundboard was not connected to their soundboard, so there was a very strong echo/reverb. I hope people take that into effect.]

Commercials - Segment #6

Leon and Romi (Illusionist/Magician/Escape Artist)
Howard buzzed early
Howard: I didn't get the whole act tonight. Tonight was nuts. I'm watching her dance and dance and dance... I just feel you  blew a whole opportunity.
Howie: I contend there are only three tricks in Magic: You make someone disappear, someone appear, and ???.
Heidi: I think sometimes you magicians do things to distract us.
Mel B: I think the best part was you in the box, Nick. I didn't know where to look. (Howard argues against them.)
[I think the sword box had too many places to put them. I also don't think he took enough time to explain that what we were seeing was from behind, not the front. And still he tricked us. Good job in that respect. Romi's dancing was decent, too! ;-) ]

Commercials - Segment #7

Deanna Dellacioppa (Singer)
Standing O by Howie, Heidi, Mel B
Howard: You did something very smart tonight. You can sometimes come off as old-fashion. You toned it down a little bit. I got to hear you sing tonight, instead of belting it out.
Heidi: I think you nailed it tonight. You showed America what you can do.
Mel B: Flawless.
Howie: Sometimes there are moments. The choice you made was what you sang and how you sang. I promise you by this time tomorrow night, you're gonna know what love is.
[Great job! The girl's got a voice! She should make it through, easily.]

Commercials - Segment #8

David the Cobra Kid Weathers (Snake act)
Heidi: I don't know about this. I was always worried that the snake could jump over the fence. I didn't know what I was supposed to be looking at. I was confused.
Mel B: I don't like snakes. I didn't like any of it.
Howie: As far as danger, I think what Nick said is true... You're crazy.
Howard: The problem with your act is that your act is up to the snake. If he doesn't perform, we don't have an act. It's unpredictable. It didn't work out that well for you.

Commercials - Segment #9

Jonathan Allen (Operatic Singer)
Standing O by all but Howard (he's tired)
Mel B: 20 years old and you've been through so much already.
Howie: It's scary because only four can go on. There is no dream that is impossible.
Howard: I like that you moved out of opera into show tune... It shows diversity. We're routing for you. You're going to have a tough time with the other two opera acts.
Heidi: I love you. You're such a sweetheart and I love your voice.
[Wow. That was fantastic!]

Commercials - Segment #10

Keneeci Ibina (Mime/Dance/Acrobat)
Standing O by all judges
Heidi: I liked it. Very interactive. I liked it. You were very precise. You get me every time.
Mel B: That was off the hook. Fun. Cool. I love you a lot.
Howie: I have never done this before, but Keneeci has to win. Every character on that screen was HIM! The best act I've ever seen.
Howard: The word genius is a word we throw around too much. You are the whole package. To put that whole thing together... To choreograph it...
[Interesting...

Jim Meskimen (Comedian/Impressionist - Mom is Marion Ross from Happy Days)
Mel B: I was completely entertained.
Heidi: I think like when you do Robin Williams you became him.
Howie: People don't realize that when you do it, you have to adjust. I loved it.
Howard: I have mixed feelings about your act. I love your voices, I think they are spot on, but when you give us Ben Franklin, I wanted each of them to do more.
[Some of the voices were spot on, Howard, not all of them. But I've not heard a good impressionist in a VERY long time, and with a touch more work on the voices and material, he's got it. I can see giving him another chance.]

Commercials - Segment #11

American Military Spouses Choir (Singing)
Standing O by all judges and the audiences (chanting USA)
Heidi: Perfect in my eyes. You are heroes here at home.
Mel B: Made me cry. The whole thing was just...
Howie: Amazing, moving, inspriational way to end the show tonight.
Howard; Amezing way to end the show.
[Great song. Great performance.]

**

I'm really not sure what the judges (and America) wants! I mean, they give these people 90 seconds to show their act. They say they want danger! They want rock bands! They want magic! But MOST of those acts just CANNOT perform an act that will please the judges in 90 seconds. Those who can usually DO make it through, but it's tough, and I can understand that. Seems they should be able to find a way to give certain acts more time, or to add to the time in general.

My question is does the AGT staff have anything to do with what is shown? I know they've (supposedly) messed up some acts before. Suggestions for new acts: Be sure you have all your equipment and that you will not damage any stage. Those extras to protect the stage and sometimes protect YOU, depending on what the AGT staff comes up with, could cost you the show.

Ok... Enough... Cya tomorrow for the results from tonight. ;-)

-----


No comments: