Tuesday, June 22, 2010

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2010) - June 22, 2010 - Auditions

Two-hour show, tonight.

From Orlando (Universal Orlando Resort)

Segment #1

Frankie Elliston - Magician
(with a roll of thread and Nick)
Chews the twine and swallows it, then it come out about his appendix spot.
Gross, but effective. (I've seen Blaine do it)
Piers: Revolting, but compelling
Howie: I've never seen anything like that.
Piers: Unique and Horrific
Sharon: I don't know whether it's good enough
Howie: Is this something you want to do in life (yes). And who do you aspire to be (Me). I love it. YOU are going to Vegas.

Another magician (missed name)
Howie - Slick and entertaining. yes.
Sharon - Yes.
Piers - Yes.

The South Philly Vikings (Costumed Dance group.
Howie: Power Rangers meet Liberace. yes
He's in.

Max Winfrey - Knife thrower
Draws a silohette around a guy and throws knives, missing one.
Nick is on other side.
He's in.

Segment #2

Erin Barylski - Rolled Paint on herself and created a flag on a piece of paper.
She's in.

Simeon Muldar - (16yo Dutch) - Play Piano as Amedeus
(Good job!) - Audience = Standing Ovation
Piers - Smart, having fun, and more talent than most here.
Sharon - I must commend you... You come in costume, etc.
Yes, all round.

Segment #3

Tiahzzi - Song & Dance
Buzzed off early (can't sing or dance!)

Master Yogi Laser - Balanced on hands and showed ass (in costume)
Buzzed off

Paul Pieorgi - I don't know! LOL
Buzzed off.

Fafo - Stripper/dancer! (Not good at either!)
Howie: A boy scout that wants to work at Hooters (costume)
Howie buzzed, Sharon buzzed.
Audience "X" HIM.
Piers did NOT buzz him.
Piers: I can now say with absolute certainanty that's the smallers talent we have ever seen.
No - All round.

Segment #4

Acrobatic Dance Troup - Missed name
Audience liked.
Howie - I like the feel of this group.
Yes, all round.

72yo Efim Tabachnicov(?) - Singing
"Some Enchanted Evening"
Buzzed as soon as he started by Piers
Followed by Sharon
Howie: This evening is now enchanted.
Piers: I think there may be a few small techniques we need to work on. Maybe a few large ones.
No, all round.

Segment #5

Harmonik - Singing group from Haitians living in the US
Want to express themselves, let the world know how they feel, and bring the money back home to rebuild the country.
"Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen)
Started off slow haromies, then kinda gave it a Jamaican beat (or Haitian?)
Howie: I love that song, and you were very original in your arrangement of that song. I truely felt your heart in that performance.
Piers: You have a great voice, the lead singer. Great harmonies.
Piers: Yes.
Howie: Yes.
Sharon: See you in Vegas.

Segment #6

Sponjetta Parrish - Singer (written over 300 songs)
Studio
Piers and Sharon buzzed relatively quickly
Piers: The lyrics seem a bit limited.
Sharon: Great personality... The writing, though...
Howie: I'm sorry, no.
No from Piers and Sharon
Nick comes out to bring more "energy" with her.
Sharon and Howie buzzed.
Piers Buzzed.
Twice-buzzed. She's off.

Segment #7

(New show) from Portland (Pacific Northwest - for the first time)

The Magique Bazzar - Maginga the Magician and Jeannie (The Magic Jeannie)
Costumed. (Nick - I don't know about the magic, but she got the Bizarre right)
He fell off-stage.
Piers: I don't get it. (Face changed 5 times.)
Howie: Face changed from Mysterious to Ooops.
No, all round.

Buzzed off
Living Dead Girlz (Hot Zombie Dance group)
Bloody Maggie and her Pet (strangeness)
Vee Bee - Sings on the Trapeze
(Nick - It's official - Portland is the weirdest place I've ever been)
Tiny Talent - Chihuahau dogs running all over the place (including the audience and Nick chasing)

Segment #8

Balloon characters buzzed

Jeremy Van??? (long name) - Bicycle rider (Mountain bike over all kinds of things)
Nick volunteers for a stunt - bounces bike over him, then balance front of bike over his face
Shows decent stunt work, but fell, once.
Piers - You're very good. I buzz because you fell once - My rule
Howie - There's more? (Yes) - I say yes.
Piers - Because you fell, I have to say No.
Sharon - Yes.
He's in.

Segment #9 (WAY too many commercials!)

Bhamgra Empire - Indian Cultural dance group
Yes.

The Stranage Familiar (duo - piano/singer and guitarist)
Yes

Northwest Dance & Acro (7-18)
Howie: The fact that you can sit on your own head is entertaining.
Yes

Airpocolypse - Air Guitar Rockers
They start with Deliverance theme (Dueling Banjos) then go into Paranoid (Black Sabbath and Ozzie)
Slow start, and very strange, but strangely good
Audience likes them
Sharon - The music choices, absolutely sensational. Stage Presence is electric.
Howie - A unique form of entertainment.
Piers - When you walked out, I wasn't expecting much, and yet I began to really, really enjoy it.
Howie - For air guitars, you deserve air fare to Vegas.
Sharon - Yes.
Piers - Airpocolypse, you are going to Vegas

Segment #10

Iron Horse are shown. Not sure if they made it or not.

Rebecca Roundman - Celloist (electric cello)
Piers buzzed
Rock song
All buzzed.
Howie - It was very distroted, like a distorted mush of cello
Piers - I am worried that when I die, as a punishment for all the judging I've done, I will be sentenced to listen to YOU.
No, all round.

Conner Doran - Indoor Kite Flying (you fly with movement)
Epileptic as a child - When he's been told he can't do things, he says he can.
Basically "Kite dancing"
Song - "In The Arms Of an Angel" - Sarah McLaughlin
Audience loved it.
Piers: I was prepared to loath that. And then you began to do your thing, and it was one of the most extraordinary things I've ever watched.
Howie: It sent me into the same place (as it sets Conner). Very unique and entertaining.
Sharon: Very relaxing, spiritual.
Yes, all round.

Segment #11

William Scott Anderson (31yo - 14yrs in - Med Evac Technician) - Magician
(Did magic to make the children injured that they medevaced out and in the hospital, smile.)
Pretty damn good, I think.
Audience loved it.
Sharon: You entertained me. I loved your execution and style.
Piers: What I loved was not so much how you did it, but your delivery - Military.
Howie: Loved it. Suggested: Expand the military part of it.
Yes, all round.

Segment #12

Sally Cohn (75yo - former teacher) - Hand-Whistle
Plays "America The Beautiful"
Sharon buzzed.
Audience - Standing Ovation (no shouts of "Vegas", though)
Howie - You're a very lovely lady.
(Wrote a book about hand-whistling. - $12 - Howie bought one.)
Howie wants to read a passage, she said to be careful, it's not all about hand-whistling.
Along with the hand-whistling, there's a coming out story. I have nothing to hide.
Howie: I want to see you in Vegas.
Sharon: I love you, but I'm going to have to say No.
Audience: VEGAS, VEGAS.
Piers: I have the title of your next book. It is, "Handwhistling in Las Vegas".
(She's in)

That's it for tonight.
See ya tomorrow!

No comments: