Tuesday, June 29, 2010

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2010) - June 29, 2010 - Auditions

In Chicago, this show...

Segment #1

Zack - Sneezing with eyes open
Howie buzzed and left the podium back 1/2-way into the audience before he even started.
He tried for a while, then Piers buzzed him, then Howie came up and buzzed Sharon's buzz.
Howie: Can I just say something... That's not talent. H1N1. Get out.

Segment #2

The Striker's All-Stars from Tallahassee - Dance Group (Hip-Hop dance)
(Pretty good!) Crowd: VEGAS
Sharon: Wow! That was good.
Howie: I do not agree with Sharon. I think that was GREAT! I would love to see you go far with this.
Piers: You've got the look... You've got the sex appeal for the girls. You've got the whole thing.
Yes, all round.

Gentlemen of NUCO - Classical music rockers
Yes, all round.

NU Covenant (Gospel group)
Song: Shout
Sharon: You make me want to go to church.
Yes, all round.

Naishon Jones - Dancer
Audience - VEGAS
Pretty good!
He's in.

Segment #3

The Spellbinder (from Chicago) - Magician/Illusionist (50yo)
Sharon buzzed.
Dances with a hankie.
Piers buzzed. Howie buzzed.
Howie: The thing is on this show, you have 90 seconds to dazzle us, and you're dancing with a hankie.
No, all round.

Tom Zemkye(sp?) - Dance/Sing
No. (Thank God.)

(missed name) - Girl in a plastic Bubble
Buzzed by Piers and Sharon.
Howie finally buzzed.
No.

Buddy Holly Cheesehead - Sings a Cheese song he wrote.
Buzzed off.
No.

Segment #4

Carlos Aponte - Operetic Sinnger (Bocellis)
Standing O from audience and judges
Sharon: I was not expecting to hear such a huge voice...
Piers: Carlos, you don't look like normal big bold opera singers, but then you started to sing and I got goosebumps.
Yes, all round.

Segment #5

Velena Bolchick(?) - Hula-Hoops artist
Nice.
Howie - I have been to Hooters, and you know, sometimes they do the hula-hoops. You're like Hooters on steroids.
Yes, all round.

John Beatty - The Strong Man (A registered nurse)
Rolls up a frying pan, uses hand to put nail through two boards, holds 290# stone in lap and bends nail to Macho Man
Piers buzzed - For all I know, that frying pan could have been a weak one, and that stone... I've seen bigger.
Piers can't UNroll the pan. "All right. It's a little harder than it looks."
He UNrolls the frying pan for Piers. Audience: VEGAS.
Howie: Yes.
Sharon: Yes.
Piers: I'm gonna have to say yes, now, won't I?

Segment #6

Debra Romer (Kalamazoo, MI) - Plays guitar and sings (21yo)
Ran away from home at 17yo, and hasn't been back.
Foster care at 15yo. Music saved her life.
"In the Arms of An Angel"
Audience - VEGAS
Howie: You have a lovely voice and lovely look. My feeling is that you didn't own your performance. I sensed your fear of performance.
Piers: Where he senses fear, I sense vulnerability, which I find appealing.
Sharon: I get what Howie's saying. Own it what you do. At the moment, you're not doing that.
Howie: For now, it's no.
Piers: A definite nailed-down Yes.
Sharon: This contest is about going to Vegas at the end of the day, and putting on a good show. At the moment, I don't know you can do that.
(Whatever you want, I'll do it.) Well, Debra, I'm going to give you the opportunity to do that. Yes.

End of Show.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: