Tuesday, July 03, 2012

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2012 - 07/03/2012 - Week 1 Live Shows (NY) Results Show

From NBC:
All Videos
Season 7 Episodes
Season 7 Highlights

NOTE: Any "quotes" by judges or acts are paraphrasing. I cannot catch all the words. Sorry... I'm not that fast of a typer! LOL
From these 12:
Distinguished Men of Brass
Edon (14yo - Singer/KB player)
Jarrett & Roja (Magicians)
Lil Starr (Dancer)
Todd Oliver (Ventriliquist with live dogs)
American BMX Stunt Team
Nikki Jensen (singer)
The Scott Brothers (sychronized dancing w/a bit of mime thrown in)
Micale Nejad (creates instruments from everyday items, and plays them)
787 Crew (dancers)
Shanice and Maurice Hayes (Father/Daughter singing duo)
David Garibaldi and his CMYKs (Performer/Artist)

My choices:
Edon
Todd Oliver
The Scott Brothers
David Garibaldi and his CMYKs

And I said I wouldn't mind if Lil Starr, Distinguished Men of Brass or Shanice and Maurice Hayes made it, but I DO want to see mine list make it through, too!

Judges intro
Tonight, we'll also see Cirque du Soleil and Will.I.Am

Sharon: It's going to be really tough for those millions of Americans.

First Group
Michael Nejad, Shanice & Maurice, and Nikki Jensen
Quick montage of their acts and judge's statements last night.
Howard: I want to thank these three acts. Michael, I was tough on you last night. I think you're in for a real hard time tonight. Shanice & Maurice, I think you're the front-runners from last night. Nikki, I only wish you had been as good last night as you were in Vegas.

America has voted. The act going into the semi-finals is: Shanice & Maurice
Sharon, did America get it right? America always gets it right.
(Yeah, I think I have to agree from that group.)

Commercials
Segment #2

Orville Lounge - After-show party montage

Cirque du Soleil - Zarkana

Commercials
Segment #3

Next group on stage:
The Scott Brothers, Lil Starr, 787 Crew
Sharon: (Difficult call?) Such a difficult call. I never thought I'd see these groups on the same stage at this point. I'm very confused right now.

America has voted. The act going into the semi-finals is: The Scott Brothers
Howie: (Did America get it right?) I don't think with talent, there's a right or a wrong. If you're asking if I agree with America, yes.
Howard: You guys are fabulous. And here's the thing, Nick. I think you guys can go all the way. You guys blew the singers away last night!
(From this group, I agree, again.)

Next group on stage:
David Garibaldi & his CMYKs, Jarrett & Roja, and American BMX Stunt Team
Howie: You liked them all. What do you think America thought. I don't know if the excitement level was the same on TV. Jarrett and Roja - I think you deserved better than you got. Garibaldi - You guys were great.

America has voted. The act going into the semi-finals is: David Garibaldi & his CMYKs
Howard: (Did America get it right?) You guys, last night, won the night. I wouldn't be surprised to see you in the top 5.
(And once more I agree)

Commercials
Segment #4

Montage of the acts in NY

Will.I.Am performs This is Love

Commercials
Segment #5

Next group on stage
Edon, Distiguished Men of Brass, Todd Oliver
Judges decide, picking from two acts
America has voted. The act LEAVING the competition and going home is: Distiguished Men of Brass

Edon, why should it be you: I feel like you should pick me, because I think you show undiscovered talent, and before my audition, I'd never performed in front of any live audience.
Todd - Yeah. Talking dogs make people laugh. Irving can speak for other dogs.

Commercials
Segment #6

Judges decide 4th & 5th in the audience vote
Howie: Who do you want to put through? This is no fun. People have so many different opinions. Todd, it's unique. Edon, I think what you did. But I have to go with what I said today - Edon in the Chosen.
Howard: That dog act is the best I've seen. Edon is a child prodigy... He's a child, though. He can sometimes get that high note... Darn it. I've got to go with what I said last night: Edon.

WOW... A winner right off.

Sharon: Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, I would have voted for Edon.

(This one I'm not so sure about. I believe Todd's material was good last night and before. And he has a very unique act. Edon, I like, but the question is, better than Todd?) Ah, well. Maybe they'll bring Todd back, later. We'll see.)





So, going to the semi-finals tonight are:
Shanice & Maurice
The Scott Brothers
David Garibaldi & his CMYKs
Edon

I was CLOSE. Shanice & Maurice made it in, where I had Todd Oliver.

Next week, 12 more acts.

Cya then ;-)

No comments: