Wednesday, July 25, 2012

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2012 - 07/25/2012 - Live Quarterfinals #4 Results

From NBC:
All AGT Videos
Season 7 Episodes
Season 7 Highlights

Montage of some of the acts (a mix of winners, losers, and from last night)

The acts from last night are:
David "The Bullet" Smith (Human Cannonball)
All That! (Cloggers)
Ulysses (Singer/Entertainer)
Joe Castillo (Sand Artist)
Sebastian "El Charro de Oro" (10yo Mariachi)
Eric Dittelman (Mind-reader)
William Close (Makes instruments and plays them)
Unity in Motion (dance group with
Eric and Olivia (Guitarist and Singer)
Lyndsey Norton (Solo Dancer)
Horse ("King of the Nutshot")
Olate Dogs (Dog Trick Act)

My four from last night: Joe Castillo, William Close, Unity in Motion, Olate Dogs

The votes are in.

Howie: I think this was twofold. I think America had the best and worst night. Best night of entertainment, and worst night only choosing four.

First group up: Ulysses, Olate Dogs, and David "The Bullet" Smith
Sharon: (thoughts?) Before I start on what I predict here. I apologize, Ulysses, it was your moment. Olate Dogs, you know how I feel about dogs. And David... I have no NO CLUE who will go through.
America has voted. The act going through to the semi-finals is: Olate Dogs
OD: Words can't explain how we feel. We put a lot of work into these dogs.
Sharon: I am more than delighted. I cannot wait to see you perform again.
(I think America got it right. David Smith was good, too, but again, I think it's a finale act.)

Commercials
Segment #2

Orville Lounge after party

Cher Lloyd performs Want You Back

Commercials
Segment #3

Next group: William Close, Unity in Motion, Sebastian "El Charro De Oro"
Howard: You have three great acts, there. Unity in Motion, I'm so proud of you. Sebastian, you know I love you. William Close, you took my advice and added a group. Here's the bad thing: Three great acts, and two are going home.
The act going through to the semi-finals is: William Close
WC: The competition is amazing. I'm honored to be moving on. Thanks to the judges. You guys made some beautiful comments, yesterday.
Howie: You are truly an original. That's what this show celebrates. As Howard said, we would all put up our own money, I don't think we'll have to.

Next group: Joe Castillo, Eric and Olivia, Horse
Howie: (thoughts) Extreme difference in these acts... Eric and Olivia, I don't want you to take what I said about coffee house wrong. I just think that music is more suited. Horse, I think it would be irresponsible for us to let you go on. And Joe: You have a great message, and do wonderful work.
Americ has voted. The act going into the semi-finals is: Joe Castillo
JC: Honored, humbled, very happy.
Howard: You really are a guy with a heart. But you pick these themes that we respond to. You are an amazing talent. I think you're going to go all the way.

Commercials
Segment #4

Performance by the cast of One

Commercials
Segment #5

Eric Dittleman, Lyndsey Norton, and All That
Less that 1% separate all three of these. The judges can only choose between two.
America has voted. The act leaving the competition and going home is: Lyndsey Norton
Nick: Why should the judges put you through?
Dittleman - I think what I do is pretty unique for the show. This is my life dream. Can't wait to show you what I have next.
All That! - We know what it's like. We've planned ahead. We will blow your mind next time if we come back.

Commercials
Segment #6

America voted them into 4th and 5th place last night.
Howie: You wanna do what's right for America. America loves you both the same. Dittleman, what you do each and every time, you boggle my mind. All That! Again, I have not watched clogging done with all male troup. I just wanna do what's right, but I have to go with my own instinct. What is the act I'm dying to see again? Dittleman
Sharon: So hard. As Howie said, it's so close. I'm going to go with All That!
Howard: I think you're both terrific. I can't believe I like clogging so much, but I have to tell you, who would I got see? And that would be Dittleman.

Sharon: WAIT WAIT WAIT... There's a wildcard show coming up soon, and the judges get to pick. My first pick is All That!

So, making it through tonight are:
Olate Dogs
William Close
Joe Castillo
Dittleman

Next couple of weeks on NBC, the Olympics. AGT will return in August (14th), with the YouTube/Snapple show.

No comments: