Tuesday, July 24, 2012

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2012 - 07/24/2012 - (Last) Live Quarterfinal Show #4

From NBC:
All AGT Videos
Season 7 Episodes
Season 7 Highlights

Montage of some of the acts (a mix of winners, losers, and from tonight)

12 acts tonight, 4 will go through
3 "X" and act is over, but America can still vote on them.

Segment #1

David "The Bullet" Smith (Human Cannonball)
This is done outdoors. 40 yards distance... 70 feet or so in the air... 50MPH in a VERY short time... through what appears be semi regulation (thinner - I assume in case he hits them) goal posts... he carries a football with him to make a "Human Field Goal"... And HE MAKES IT!

Commercials
Segment #2

Judges on David Smith
Howard: People don't understand how dangerous it is what you do. I happen to know that 80% of those who try it are DEAD. We put you right though last time. I know your sister broke her back three times... People have to vote.
Sharon: When we were looking at you, I thought you went past the net. I have come up with an idea for you. When you come back, you need to fly over a bed of alligators on fire...
Howie: What you do is amazing. So it is great. I want people to vote... What if you actually shot yourself out of Nick Cannon (This is a family show.) What will you do next?
(I think this is a great finale act, but headline? It's such a quick act, like Dr Splash last year. He's probably only going to do one shot per show, so what's the rest of the time taken up with?)

Next: All That! (Cloggers)
(To Black Betty by Ram Jam)
Sharon: I think you're incredibly manly, I love all the tattoos. I'd like you to come back with mega-trousers with no shirt... and leather.
Howie: I think what you do is amazing. I never knew anybody in a clogging club. I think the downfall is that you are on the night when we have some of the most original, unique acts. I wish you the best of luck.
Howard: I think Howie and Sharon have it right. Sharon's looking for more, Howie said America has to vote. I don't know if you did enough to get through. It's going to be tough.
(They're DAMN good. For now, they're my top choice.)

Commercials
Segment #3

Ulysses (Singer/Entertainer)
(Howard says his mission is to get rid of Ulysses tonight)
Ulysses does Bandstand
Howard buzzed.
Sharon buzzed.
Howie buzzed right at the end.
Howie: I was ready to come to fisticuffs with Howard. Here's the thing. I say this over and over again... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Howard: We live in a country going through tough times... We have a bad economy, terrorists, and now we have this. This wasn't fair to the other acts with more talent.
Sharon: Before I loved what you did. I loved the look before. Now you look like Yogi Bear in a suit.
Howard: He's a great guy to see in a small club.
Sharon: When you were doing requests of old-time shows, that's what I loved. It didn't work tonight.
(I thought his singing was pretty good. Bandstand IS an old show theme. I guess they just didn't like him being dressed up (in a tourquoise tux!), and all the kids behind him danceing. Howard's right in some respects, but I think they put some people through so there's someone to vote AGAINST. Depending on how everyone else does, I don't know that Ulysses would have been voted down, but now, HOWARD has stated that he doesn't like him, so... (Did I say I didn't like Stern's radio show... He seems to be doing ok, here, but there are times, when he and Howie "feud"... And he acts like HE is the producer of the show, instead of just a judge. :-P)

Commercials
Segment #4

Joe Castillo (Sand Artist)
Howard: You continue to amaze me. I don't know of anyone else who could sculpt in sand and move me like you. You're unique and amazing and people should vote for you. The only bad thing is that beret.
Sharon: You really touched my heart. That was beautifully executed.
Howie: It's one thing to have a talent. It's another to have a message. You have combined them both.
(I love this guy's work. I've seen it before on the internet - him or someone else that does it. It's fantastic, and as stated by someone, in time with the music. He should make it.)

Commercials
Segment #5

Sebastian "El Charro de Oro" (10yo Mariachi)
Sharon standing O
Sharon: What can I say. I honestly don't know much about Mariachi, but I love what you all do. You have such passion when you sing, and your voice is really really great. You are such a special, special person.
Howie: I think you are one step closer to helping your brother. You have an old soul. You are like a male, Mexican, Jackie Evancho
Howard: You're a terrific kid, wise beyond your years, go figure that I would love it.
(The kid is good. We'll have to see if America votes him through.)

Commercials
Segment #6

Eric Dittelman (Mind-reader)
Standing Ovation by judges (and audience?)
Howard: I gotta tell you something. What a night of television. Incredibly tough. Congratulations. America, If you don't vote for him, something is wrong.
Howie: That was amazing. You are the real deal.
Sharon: Dittleman, i think that after tonight, all of America will be talking about Dittleman in the morning. Incredible. And remember, just Dittleman!

William Close (Makes huge instruments and plays them)
Howie: I want everyone in America to go to one of his concerts. You're not sitting there watching a show... You're part of the show.
The act begins. (Close has set up wires to the top of the theater, and plays them.)
Wow... (Rain on Me by The Who).
Standing Ovation by everyone.
Howie: I've never said this before. I got two words. We're done. I think you've won this whole contest. You are an amazing engineer. You are an amazing musician. You are amazing.
Sharon: It's like there have been a couple of times on this show that I have seen something that is totally amazing. But I have never seen anything that performs at this professional level. You are over and above anything I have ever seen on this stage. I bow down to you. You deserve everythying and more that this show can give you.
Howard: "Give him the million dollars" was my first thought. I joined this show because I wanted to find an extrordinary talent that I could crow about. If you're on a show and you're a judge, and believe in an act so much, let's see the judge put up his own money and produce a show. I think all three of us would do that.
(Wow. It doesn't REALLY translate well to TV, but it translates well enough! He's gonna be damn hard to beat. He's through!)

Commercials
Segment #7

Unity in Motion (dance group with contortionists)
Howard: I have said it every week, that these young girls are the best dance act we've ever had. Through the crumby luck of the draw, you're here on a night I have no idea who will make it through. You do everything we're looking for. These guys do deserve to go through.
Sharon: It was absolutely perfect. You're whole presentation.. .There's seven of you. Get all your friends to call. It's a really tough night.
Howie: I'm not in total agreement with Howard. I think the whole bar has been raised this season. People have been saying they've already seen the winner. They haven't. They can't win of you don't vote. If you want these people, you have to vote.
(They are excellent. It's hard to tell if they'll make it or not. They do deserve it.)

Commercials
Segment #8

Eric and Olivia (Guitarist and Singer)
(doing Like it's "Dynomite")
Sharon: Olivia, you have a great voice. It's an unusual voice. I can only keep repeating what we've been saying all night. Only four people can go through.
Howie: I think you're very talented. I think it's more of a stage or coffee house act than big stage.
Howard: I think there was no emotional connection in this song. Tonight might be a big disappointment for you guys.
(Yeah. I don't know about a main stage in Vegas, but one of the many secondary stages, I can see them going great guns in. Sorry guys. You're good, but there's just too many better ones tonight. And to be honest, with the arrangement done tonight, I couldn't hear Eric's guitar very well.)

Commercials
Segment #9

Lyndsey Norton (Solo Dancer)
Howie: It's undescribable. What Turf is to street, you are to classical. There's so many more than four. I don't know if you'll make it. You have to vote, America!
Howard: I'm trying to handicap this thing. And here you are... so terrific on such a night. Job well done.
Sharon: Everything about you is so lovely. I can't even put it into words. Every time I see you perform, I love you a little more. You should be representing America in the Olympics this year. You are extremely special, extremely talented.
(It's a tough night, and on almost any other night, she might have made it. But I don't think she will tonight. We'll see.)

Commercials
Segment #10

Horse ("King of the Nutshot")
Howard: You are a madman. You did not drop the ball tonight. Very few things make me laugh that hard. You either love it or you hate it. You heard the crowd cheering. I love it. Good for you. Job well done.
Sharon: Are your dangly bits throbbing? (Yes). I don't know what to say. You are entertaining.
Howie: Talent is subjective. This could be a classic. You could do the "Nutcracker Suite". I love it. If I could vote, I would vote.
(Ok... The guy can take shots to the nuts. It's like America's Funniest Videos and Jackass all in one, and continuously - Think a montage of nutshots.) Tonight he added a cheesy story to it. I guess if you like Jackass, where they actually try to hurt themselves or each other, then maybe you'd like him. Personally, it's not my "thing". Pretty "ballsy" of him, though, to try to create an act this way.)

Commercials
Segment #11

Olate Dogs (Dog Trick Act)
Standing Ovation by everyone
Sharon: What can I say. Listen to them. They are magnificent. I have never seen a dog act like this in my life.
Howie: They are truly amazing. We've seen dog acts through the years. I've never seen backflips. there's so much personality and athleticism with the dogs. The good news is you were great. The bad news is ANOTHER great act.
Howard: All of America knows how difficult this is and what a bond you have with these animals. America you've gotta vote. I can't wait to see how America votes. You deserve to get through.
(Wow... That was fast-paced, and something I haven't seen for decades. It brought me back to shows like The Ed Sullivan Show and other variety shows. Good luck guys!)

So the acts from tonight are:
David "The Bullet" Smith (Human Cannonball)
All That! (Cloggers)
Ulysses (Singer/Entertainer)
Joe Castillo (Sand Artist)
Sebastian "El Charro de Oro" (10yo Mariachi)
Eric Dittelman (Mind-reader)
William Close (Makes instruments and plays them)
Unity in Motion (dance group with
Eric and Olivia (Guitarist and Singer)
Lyndsey Norton (Solo Dancer)
Horse ("King of the Nutshot")
Olate Dogs (Dog Trick Act)

This is a TOUGH night. No one messed up like the last few weeks. And all but Horse were great. Yes, even Ulysses.

My four tonight: Joe Castillo, William Close, Unity in Motion, Olate Dogs

Right now, I see the Sand Artist, the Painter, Lightwire, William Close and maybe Olate Dogs in the finale. But things change. We'll see. They have the YouTube group and WildCards, so two shows before we start the final countdown.

Cya tomorrow for the results show. ;-)

No comments: