Wednesday, August 04, 2010

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2010) - August 04, 2010 (Results #4)

Live from Hollywood

The acts from which 3 will be chosen by Ameria, and the fourth by the judges (4th and 5th by America's votes)
Da Maniacs
Nu Covenant
Anna and Patryk
Lindsey Stirling
Doogie Horner
Rudi Macaggi
Taylor Mathews
Mary Ellen|
ArcAttack
Prince Poppycock
Murray
Striker's All-Stars

Segment #1

First group: Doogie Horner, Mary Ellen, Murray
GOTTA be Murray out of this group.
America has voted. The act going into the semi-finals and moving one step closer to $1M and a headline show in Vegas is: Murray.
Piers: I think Murray has taken his act to a stage where we can seriously see you a contender. I think it's ironic that the first time Doogie makes me laugh, America sends him home.

Orville Lounge (after show, last night)

Segment #2

Contestants hung out with Will Ferril and Mark Walburg. They walked a red carpet to see a sneak preview of "The Other Guys"

Taio Cruz performs "Dynamite"

Segment #3

The next group to come out: Taylor Mathews, Da Maniacs, Lindsey Stirling
Shaorn: It's a really, really tough line-up.
America has voted: The second act going to the semi-finals is: Taylor Mathews (the audience was chanting before Nick said his name)
Howie: Number one I'm looking foward to seeing more. I was right. I said I'll bet you'll make it through.

The next group to come out: Striker's All Stars, Nu Convenant, Prince Poppycock
Piers: I think looking at the acts in front of us: Stikers, I think Nu Covenant: I don't think last night was your best performance. Prince: Where I come from, we have real princes... But they don't dress like you, and they're not called Poppycock. But they can't sing like you, either. I think besides the dress and theatrics that go with it, you have the best voice in the competition.
America has voted. And the act going to the semi-finals is: Prince Poppycock

Segment #4

Bret Michaels performs "Every Rose Has It's Thorn"

Segnent #5

Next group: Rudi Macaggi, ArcAttack, Anna and Patryk
Oh, man... ALL THREE!
And the act going home is: Rudi Macaggi
Experience has been wonderful... It's been great... Thank you America's Got Talent
Anna said, whatever your decision, even if we don't make it through, we're not going to stop doing what we love.

Segment #6

Piers: I want to put all three through, but I can't. ArcAttack, I've got a feeling we've seen your best. Anna/Patryk, I've seen you grow, each round. I'm going with my gut feeling, Anna and Patryk
Howie: First of all you're both fantastic. Anna/Patryk, you are technically great. In a ballroom dance contest you'd win as children. I have to go with ArcAttack.
Sharon: Both equally talented. You know I've been a fan of yours (Anna and Patryk) from the beginning. ArcAttack - I wasn't a fan in the beginning, but after seeing you work the crowd, and what you did last night, I am a fan. I don't understand it, but...
I've made my decisions: ArcAttack

So, the acts going through from this and the prior results shows:

Results #1 - Nathaniel Kenyon, Fighting Gravity, Christina & Ali, Future Funk
Results #2 - AscenDance, Alice Tan Ridley, Michael Grimm, Antonio Restivo
Results #3 - Haspop, Young Beast Society, Debra Romer, and Jeremy vanSchoonholden(?)
Results #4 - Murray, Taylor Mathews, Prince Poppycock, and ArcAttack

Next week, the #1 act from YouTube will perform with the top 12 for the $1M and Las Vegas.

Cya then!

All AGT Videos
Full Episodes (Season 5)
Season Five highlights

No comments: