Wednesday, August 25, 2010

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2010) - August 25, 2010 - Semi-Final 1 Results

Live from Hollywood

12 Semi-Finalists... Five (5) acts going through to the Top 10.

Anna and Patryk
Christina and Ali
Antonio Restivo
Future Funk
Taylor Mathews
Conner Doran
Dan Sperry
Kristina Young
ArcAttack
Michael Grimm
AscenDance
Prince Poppycock

My choices were: Anna and Patryk, Antonio Restivo, ArcAttack, Michael Grimm, Prince Poppycock
I saw Poppycock on a couple of news shows (one NBC Nightly, I believe).

Guests, tonight: Jimmy Fallon, Recycled Percussion (from last year), and Kylie Minogue.

--

Segment #1

Nick: You guys are being really hard on the acts. Someone got three "X"s.
Piers: This is what I call the business end of the competition. And that is serious. If people don't perform to the level we think they should, they're going to get buzzed.

The first group: ArcAttack, Dan Sperry, Future Funk, and Kristina Young
Howie; (Could you call it?) I think it's ArcAttack or Future Funk.
America has voted. The act going into the top-10 and moving one step closer to the million dollars and the headline show in Las Vegas is: No One. No one is moving on.
(Wow! I thought ArcAttack or Future Funk like Howie... Leaning toward ArcAttack. I'm shocked! And this is the first time they've brought a group out and said no one (or everyone) is going through.)

Segment #2

Orville Lounge (post show party)

Recycled Percussion performs - I'm sure these guys are playing in Vegas.
They are VERY cool. See the video from the show, if they have it.
They have their own show at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I KNEW it! ;-)

Segment #3

Jimmy Fallon performs. Imitates comedians and does a damn good job of it.

The next group out: AscenDance and Anna & Patryk
The act going through to the top 10 is: Anna & Patryk
(Hmmm... Thought it might be both of them.)

Segment #4

Kylie Minogue performs an American debut.

Segment #5

The next group: Michael Grimm, Taylor Mathews, Prince Poppycock.
(I think they're all in.)
Howie: (Are you surprised to see them all live up here, together.) I'm very surprised. My favorites are standing before me. Unless you're going to trick us again.
America has voted. The act going into the top 10: (Wow... This is a strange night.) All Three are moving on.

Three acts left. Judges choose.
The acts: Antonio Restivo, Christina and Ali, and Conner Doran.
The judges pick from two.
Based on your votes. America has voted. The act leaving the competition and going home is: Antonio Restivo (OMG! You are KIDDING me!)
(I can't believe that.)

Two acts left. Judges decide. Conner Doran and Christina and Ali.

Segment #6

Piers: I'll be honest. I think Antionio was very unlucky to be put out. He would have been my choice. Conner, I've watched you grow with every round. You've got confidence and become a bit of a showman. Christina and Ali, I don't think we've ever had anyone with your story. Good voices, not great, and great personalities... make me lean toward you, Christina and Ali.
Howie: I kind of embrace the variety. And for that reason, Conner.
Sharon: Conner, you are an amazing young man. Seeing you grow as a person, means more to me than seeing your act. Christina and Ali, I wish you had done somethying different. Do I break two hearts or 1. I'm going to go with Christina and Ali.

--

So the acts going into the Top 10 are:
Anna and Patryk, Michael Grimm, Taylor Mathews, Prince Poppycock, and Christina and Ali.

Cya Next Week. ;-)

No comments: