Wednesday, August 11, 2010

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2010) - YouTube Special Results (#5)

Top 12 YouTube acts. Only four (4) will go through. Three by America's vote. One (from 4 & 5 of America's vote) by the judges.

From the following 12 acts:
PLUtonic
Dylan Plummber
Pup
Cam Hodges
Ryan Rodriguez
Austin Anderson
Booker Forte
Pizza Patt
Kristina Young
Maestro Alexander Bui
Dan Sperry
Jackie Evancho

Segment #1

First group: Pup, Austin Anserson, Pizza Patt, Maestro Michael Bui
Sharon: I have no idea who will be put though
America has voted. The act going through to the semi-finals is: Maestro Alexander Bui
Piers was not surprised... A dog whose act didn't work, a guy that chucks pizzas in the air, and unfunny comic, and a classical pianist. He suggested Michael stick to classical, not follow Sharon's suggestion to do "pop" She argued she did not say to do pop. (She said to do more pop classical - meaning those songs that people know... I understood her. Piers didn't want to! LOL)

Segment #2

Orville loungs

Started right here on this show. Quick Change (David and Danya)
They do seem to be a one-trick pony. I've never seen them to anything but what we just saw... Differnt song, different clothes, but the same act. Amazing, none-the-less.

Segment #3

Fourth most popular video of all time
Justin Laipply - Evolution of Dance (short version)

Next group: Dylan Plummer, Dan Sperry, Booker Forte
America has voted. The second act going into the semi-finals is: Dan Sperry
(He's definitely got his persona on. Chris said he reminds her of Marilyn Manson. Bet it's just the stage persona. LOL)

Segment #4

Tonight is his prime-time debut.
Lin Yu Chun, singing "I Will Always Love You"

Next group: Ryan Rodriguez and Jackie Evancho
And the act going though (is there any doubt?) to the semi-finals is: Jackie Evancho
(Mentioned on a news program. Her videos have gone viral, now, and she's already scheduled to perform at Carnegie Hall.)
Howie: Can't tell you how exciting this is. He keeps being asked if it's really her. He has her sing some notes. No act is allowed to lip-sync.

Of the final three acts, two of them are #4 and #5 of America's votes. The other will be sent home.

Segment #5

Next group: PLUtonic, Cam Hodges, and Kristina Young are left.
And the act going home and not making it through is: PLUtonic
Both give reasons they should be put through to the judges.

Segment #6

Between Cam Hodges and Kristina Young (judge's choice)
Howie: Who do I want? Like Sharon always says, I want everyone to go through, but I can't. I'm proud of both of you. I have to go with my gut. My gut tells me the bigger star and the one with the most potential: Cam.
Sharon: You're so new, I don't think you know your best performance, yet. Kristina (because she's very pliable
Piers: What I have to do now is take a bet on one of you, on which could rise to the top. I'm going to go with the act that I think... I suspect... can do better than last night. And that act is Kristina.

Cam said "It was a great experience. I'm not done, so..."
Kristina: "I'm going to go backstage and cry for days..."

This week - those going through are: Michael Bui, Dan Sperry, Jackie Evancho, and Kristina Young.

--

Next week: Another special - The Wildcard show. The judges give a second chance to their favorites. (Those shown too quickly to type were a good group. Should be a great show.)

No comments: