Wednesday, July 13, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2001) - Season 6 (07/13/2011) - Week 1 Results

First, some links:
America's Got Talent at NBC
Full Episodes, Clips and Videos
Official America's Got Talent Facebook page

Results show #1 (for first Live in Hollywood and America votes show)

The Acts
Miami All Stars
Dezmond Meeks
Those Funny Little People
The Fearless Flores Family
Squonk Opera
J Chris Newberg
Snap Boogie
Echo of Animal Gardens
The Fiddleheads
DuoAero
Anna Graceman
Sandou Trio Russian Bar

Four of the above 12 will make it through to the semi-finals.
Performances from the cast of Broadway's Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and from Avril Lavigne

Opening Segment
Montage of last night's acts
Intro of judges
Howie (about last night): Acts lived up and beyond expectations. "I literally felt like I was flying." I was thinking of the acts coming up. So much talent.

First results
Fearless Flores Family, DuoAero, and Snap Boogie
Quick takes of their acts last night, some judges' comments, and how the acts felt.
Only one act will make it through.
Piers: I'm really surprised to see two of the acts on the stage at the same time. I buzzed DuoAero, and think you should go home. Fearless Flores Family - You stepped it up big time. I loved it. Snap Boogie - I loved it. If it were up to me, it would be between you two. I can't call it.
The act going throught - Snap Boogie. [REALLY? I thought the Floreses would go through.
Sharon: I am absoultely overjoyed. My heart's going like this. I am so happy for you. You really really deserve to be here.

Commercials / Segment #2

Intro of Cedric the Entertainer and his new show coming up - It's Worth WHAT?

Montage of the acts in the Orville Lounge

Avril Lavigne - performs What the Hell and Smile

Commercials / Segment #3

Two more acts are going through

Set one - Squonk Opera, Sandeau Trio Russian Bar, and J Chris Newberg
Quick takes of their acts last night, some judges' comments, and how the acts felt.
Howie: What are my thoughts. JCN - I do think you are funny. A lot of people tweeting me thought so too. I think you have an act, whether you win or not. I believe STRB - I think America's going to go with you.
The act going through - Sandeau Trio Russian Bar
Nick: Sorry I missed your act. My eyes were closed quite a bit of the time. Can you step it up?
STRB: I have a lot in my back pocket.
Piers: It's dramatic, it's exciting, it's Vegas. I'm thilled to work out what you will do next.

Set two - Desmond Meeks, Echo of Animal Garden, Anna Graceman
Quick takes of their acts last night, some judges' comments, and how the acts felt.
Sharon (these are some of your favorite acts). Confused. Dezmond and Anna are great. Echo different but great. I am worried about
America has voted. The act going into the semi-final, one step closer to the $1,000,000 and a chance to headline a show in Las Vegas is - Anna Graceman!
Anna: Thank you so much. I love you all and feel so special.
Howie: The first time you came to us, I said the world is going to start talking about you. People come up to me and ask me - about YOU more than anyone else. You have arrived. You are a star.

Three acts left, one spot.

Commercials / Segment #4

Cast of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert perform with Will Swenson

Commercials / Segment #5

The final three acts - The judges decide from this group
Miami All Stars, Those Funny Little People, and The Fiddleheads
(Oh, man... I liked them all... Oh, well.)
Quick takes of their acts last night, some judges' comments, and how the acts felt.
We need just two acts to face the judges. So one of you is leaving now.
America has voted: The act leaving the competition and going home is: Those Funny Little People
(Piers raises both fist in the air in victory. Nick: That wasn't nice at all.)
Miami All Stars and The Fiddleheads
Miami All Stars - Something you didn't know about our group. My wife and I have trained these kids for years in (several dance styles). You will never ever be bored.
Fiddleheads - I think this whole week, we listened to the producers rather than just being ourselfs. If we make it through, we'll be ourselves.
Judges start talking to each other...

Commercials / Segment #6

Sharon, We'll start with you, who do you want to make it thought.
Miami All Stars - Your synchronicity...
Fiddleheads - Adam (singer) You have a very very good voice. I love the combination with the bluegrass. But to be honest, I didn't like your song choice last night. For me, it's all about the Miami All Stars.
Piers: Fiddleheads - You guys are a good act, but our vote is based on last night's performance, and for me, it's got to be Miami All Stars.

So, the first four groups making it through to the semi-finals:
Snap Boogie
Sandeau Trio Russian Bar
Anna Graceman
Miami All Stars

Tough acts to follow.

Cya next week when the next group of 12 perform. ;-)

No comments: