Wednesday, July 20, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2011) - 07/20/2011 - Results Show 2

links:
America's Got Talent at NBC
Full Episodes, Clips and Videos
Official America's Got Talent Facebook page

Live from Hollywood
Four of the 12 acts that performed last night will go on to the next level - Three voted on by America. The last 2 based on America's vote are voted on by the judges on who goes through.

Here are the acts:
Attack Dance Crew
Dani Shay
Geechy Guy
Daniel Joseph Baker
Rhinestone Ropers
Dylan Andrea
Smage Brothers Riding Show
Thomas John
Steve Retchless
Mona Lisa
Silhouettes

Opening Segment
Montage of last night's acts
Intro of the Judges.
Piers (about "X"ing) - He said he realized he had got it wrong. He should have buzzed two more. He said the pressure got to a lot of them. Too many let themselves down last night.

First Results
Rhinsestone Ropers, Thomas John, Silhouettes
Sharon: I have to be brutally honest - The Rhinestone Ropers let themselves down last night... And Thomas John, I don't know what you were on... it's obvious to me...
The act going on to the semi-finals and moving one step closer to the million dollars is: The Silhouettes.
Piers: Very happy. I echo what Sharon said. I think it was a bad night for those two acts who were better than their performances. Like all of America, I can't wait to see what you do in the finals.

Commercials / Segment #2

The Orville Lounge - What's popping

Hot Chelle Rae performs "Tonight Tonight"

Commercials / Segment #3

Next Group
Steven Retchless, Attack Dance Crew, Geechy Guy
Howie: I don't think it's obvious. ADC - I don't think you're up to par with this competition. Steven Retchless - I think what you do is amazing, strength, agility, etc. I don't think America's up to a guy pole dancer. Geecy Guy, you're funny. I don't know...
The act going through is: Steven Retchless
Howie: Well, you know that I'm a fan. But America voted you in, and America got it right. (Piers: I don't think they did get it right.) You can see you may be a little outrageous for Middle America, so you may want to take that into consideration.
Sharon: JUST BE YOURSELF!

Next Group
Daniel Joseph Baker, Dani Shay, Dylan Andre
Piers: These are some of your favorite acts. I'm surprised. Usually America leans toward singers. Now, it seems the variety acts are getting through. If it's based on last night, Daniel. If it's based on the auditions, Vegas, and last night, I can't call it.
The act going through is: Daniel Joseph Baker
Thank you America for letting me be myself.
Sharon: I am very very happy for Daniel and the show, because last night, of the three acts, you were the best.

Commercials / Segment #4

The last three acts, backstage, talk about how nervous they are.
Acrobatic act, Traces, performs.
Funny, Piers was talking about not being many male pole dancers, and there were several things by males on and off the poles. LOL

Commercials / Segment #5

One spot left
Smage Brothers Riding Show, Mona Lisa, Landon Swank
Only two acts will face the judges.
The act LEAVING the competition and going home is: Mona Lisa.
So, Smage Brothers and Landon Swank
Smage: We've been pushing every day to get here. (They talk to the guy who puts his life on the line. He says) I don't know. They get pretty close to me. I don't know if I want us to move on. (Laughing)
Landon: I think I deserve to move on because of the sacrifices I've made. I have so many things I want to show America. If you give me the chance.

Judges begin conferring.

Commercials / Segment #6

Sharon: Smage Bros - I thought your performance last night was sensational. Exhilerating. Landon - I've been a fan. The crew and staff would be very sad if I didn't vote you in because they've all fallen in love with Harmony (his aide). Smage Brothers.
Piers: Very difficult. Smage brothers were very good. I watched it again last night, and Landon, you did a great job. I'm going to save your life, Troy. Landon.
Howie: Here's the conundrum. Amazingly exciting act. I have to agree with Sharon last night. Still, you've shown me the best illusion I've ever seen. Can I pick two? (No) Well, OK... the most exciting thing I saw yesterday... The Smage Brothers.

The four acts from tonight:
The Silhouettes
Steven Retchless
Daniel Joseph Baker
Smage Brothers Riding Show

See you next Tuesday for the next Live show and 12 acts to try to go on.

No comments: