Tuesday, July 26, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2011) - 6th Season - 07/26/2011 - Live Show #3

Links:
America's Got Talent at NBC
Full Episodes, Clips and Videos
Official America's Got Talent Facebook page

Opening Segment
Montage of winners and tonight's acts
Howie: Tonight is one of the most dangerous shows we've had. Please do not try this at home.
Nick explains about $1,000,000, etc., and introduces the judges.
Sharon: I think the line-up tonight is quite exciting because it's dangerous and edgy.

The acts tonight:
Summerland Skippers
SH'Boss Boys
Mauricio Herrerea
Seth Grabel
Poplyfe
Ian Johnson
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr
Purrfect Angelz
Monet
Captain & Maybelle
Lys Agnes
Professor Splash

First up:
Summerland Skippers - Jump Rope Team
Howie: These guys have to step it up. They're really good. But really good isn't enough.
I think they just showed how jumping rope can be a full stage act in Vegas.
Piers: In the Vegas stage, you made too many mistakes for me. Then I watched your performance tonight, and unlike so many acts last week who were disappointing, I liked it. Suddenly you made skipping sexy.
Sharon: I have to say the difference between Vegas and tonight is great.
Howie: I was just fascinated that Piers Morgan sees a bunch of young people skipping and he thinks it's sexy. I don't don't know if I could take another song, but America has to decide.
[They'd obviously need breaks, but I think they could do a full Vegas show.]

Commercials / Segment #2

SH'Boss Boys - Kid rappers (5-7yo trio)
Cute
Sharon: You're thoroughly entertaining. You've got the cute factor going. [TOLD YA! LOL] You did just fantastic.
Howie: You guys are adorable. I think America is going to love you. I don't know if you were always on key or on time, but the adorability trumps that.
Piers: Here's the thing. When you do the rap stuff, that is brilliant. Stick to the rapping.

Commercials / Segment #3

Mauricio Herrerea - Entertainer
Sharon: I just hope that America gets the fun factor.
Piers buzzed
Viva Las Vegas and Delilah (Elvis and Tom Jones)
Sharon buzzed on second song
Howie: Is it just me or does it seem like you were wathcing Tel Amundo in English. I connect with you. It's schmaltzie it's funny.
Piers: You're a very nice guy. But if I went to a bar and an act like you came on, I would go back to my room, pack up my bags, and go home.
Sharon: It was the galloping. I loved the end move. However, you are a lot of fun to watch. I think America will make it's mind up whether they want to see you again.
[He's not bad. I like him, but we'll see with the other acts.]

Commercials / Segment #4

Call for next season's acts.

Seth Grabel - Illusionist
Piers: (problem in Vegas) - He's really got to step it up.
Death-defying act tonight - Not bad
Howie: That was spectacular, that looked amazing to me. I cannot see for the life of me how that was done.
Sharon: Very dramatic. Production value was wonderful. Very dramatic.
Piers: Bigger, better, faster, slicker. All-round better performance.
Seth: We had some issues in rehersal, but this was perfect.

Commercials / Segment #5

Acts coming up next week (the last of the 48)

Poplyfe - Band
She lost her voice, and couldn't practice much.
"Rolling in the Deep"
Standing Ovation by Sharon & Howie
Sharon: You gave it your all. You're young. You have everything going for you guys.
Howie: I ditto everything she said. Here's the thing. When you do good, America says they'll do good.
Piers: I remember in Vegas I didn't see the point of the band. Tonight, I saw the point of the band. You guys were brilliant tonight. The whole thing was great.

Commercials / Segment #6

Ian Johnson - Yoyoist
Piers buzzed
Howie: You had a couple of flubs there. Your dreams will probably come true. The question is is it a headline act. That's the question America is going to have to answer.
Piers: You made yoyoing as exciting as possible tonight, right? The problem is it's still bloody boring.
Sharon: I think you need to add more of you. More personality from you.
[Nice, but like Howie said - A headline act?]

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr - Singer
Good job!
Standing Ovation by audience
Piers: I want you to tell me - we know your story - tell me how you're feeling right now. (Very overwhelmed.) Here's the thing. You are very clearly a big game player. You came to play, Landeau.
Sharon: America does have talent, and it's right in front of me. I can't tell you how proud I am of you. A few month ago, you were washing cars.
Howie: I told you a couple of months ago your life would change, and you haven't swerved. You've got what it takes.
[His family is here. None of them have ever seen him do this live ... until tonight.]

Commercials / Segment #7

Purrfect Angelz - Dance group
All former professional cheerleaders
Sharon: They definitely belong in Vegas, but where - Headline act, or opening act
"Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy"
Piers buzzed near end
I thought they were pretty damn good.
Howie: You kinda get feelings when you see certain acts. I wanna order chicken wings because this is the best Hooters I've seen
Piers: I thought you were better than in Vegas. Tonight's been an exceptional night, but I don't think you'll go through. I've got a feeling about tongiht.
Sharon: Great performance. Loved the choreography. You are all amazingly fit young ladies, but is it worth $1,000,000? America will decide.

Commercials / Segment #8

Monet - Singer
Was made homeless by Katrina. Now from Charlotte, NC.
Howie: You're a beautiful young lady... knowing your story, knowing your age, kinda makes up for your not hitting all the notes. I want you to just cherish this moment.
Piers: Last year we had Jackie, and she was pitch-perfect. The reason I didn't buzz you is you weren't perfect, but I see a star... In a couple of years...
Sharon: I don't like comparing people to others. I think you did extremely well. What you lacked with your tuning, you made up for with your passion and being you.

Commercials / Segment #9

Captain & Maybelle - Sideshow Act (Sword Swallower and more)
Nick: They are trained professionals, so don't try this at home.
Picks up cast iron skillet and swings it with his tongue ring. She does it with her nose ring.
Hooks in his eyelids, he pick up an iron and swings it around.
Howie is hiding being desk. Piers is hiding behind his hands.
Piers: I'm going to say the words to you that I'm sure will bring you the most joy. Disgusting.
Sharon: After you hung the frying pan from your nose, I turned away. I can't judge the whole thing.
Howie: People have a hook but when we say that, we don't mean your tongue, eyelids or nose.
Piers: Do you like making people sick? (I actually like people to think outside the box. Unfortunately, our show is a very long show, and when we come here, we have to convey it with facial expressions, etc.

Commercials / Segment #10

Lys Agnes - Opera Singer
Discovered in the basement singing by her Mom. Lost her fiance before audition.
Lys - There's been so much sorrow... It's time for some joy.
Standing ovation - audience, Sharon and Howie
Piers: I think you're very talented, amazing voice... You didn't knock me out this performance.
Sharon: It moved me. I thought you told the story... You really felt the roll.
Howie: Again, another performer out of the box. Gorgeous, sexy. You're stunning. I think you make opera open to the masses because of your style.

Commercials / Segment #11

Professor Splash - High Diver
Everyone is outside, so he can attempt a record height (over 36' high) dive into 12" of water.
Most dangerous act they've ever had. Will be falling almost 40MPH. When he hits the water it will be like a Formula One crash.
He does it.
Howie: I don't know what to say... The fact that your standing here and I'm talking to you. You're a professional at falling...
Piers: That is without any doubt, the most dangerous, stupid, thrilling thing I've ever seen. Absolutely sensational.
Howie: Are you in any pain? (No.)
Sharon: I'm absolutely speechless. You mentioned fire before...
PS: Next act: Through fire into fire.
He set a new world record tonight.
Wow.

My choices tonight: Seth Grabel, Poplyfe, Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr, Purrfect Angelz, Lys Agnes, Professor Splash.

What? Only four?

Damn! Ok. Seth Grabel, Poplyfe, Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr, Lys Agnes. (It would be nice if they put more than four through this week, or picked a couple back up after next week's shows!)

Results of tonight's show tomorrow.
Stevie Nicks and Fighting Gravity will be in the house.
Cya then! ;-)

No comments: