Tuesday, July 05, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2011) 6th Season (07/05/2011)

Wow... A one-hour show (last auditions), then a two-hour show (first Vegas show)

It's been a while -
Here is NBC's AGT page - http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/

Last show of auditions
Nick didn't really mentions where they were...

Opening Segment
Montage of the cities in which auditions were held

Avery and the Calico Hearts - singers
Audience - VEGAS VEGAS
Howie, Standing Ovation
Howie: Sounds great, but sounds like someone playing the record too fast.
Piers: I didn't want to buzz you, because we have so many good singers this year...
Howie: Yes
Piers: No, I'm sorry girls
Sharon: Yes

Commercials / Segment #2

The AGT-Team - Montage of dangerous acts
Keven Shelley - Breaks boards with forehead
40 1-inch thick pine boards - Will break with his forehead
Piers: Whenever people ask me what it's like working with Howie Mandal, I'm now going to show them this tape.
Howie: What you're doing is dangerous. I say Yes
Sharon: I can see this as an exhibition of Martial Arts... Not as a show in Vegas. No
Piers: I'm going to agree with ... Howie
He's through

Dezmond Meeks - Singer/Pianist
[Great!]
Sharon: A combination of Prince & Little Richard
Yes, all round

Thomas John - Juggler
Howie: Amazingly stupid, but entertaining
Howie & Sharon - Yes

4Play - Singing group (girls)
Sharon: I feel you've got something there...
Yes

Commercial / Segment #3

J Chris Newberg - Singer
Short funny songs
Piers buzzed after 1st song
Howie: You are a funny guy.
Piers: You're absolutely great, but you're not funny
Howie: You can't feel bad when Piers Morgan doesn't recognize your humor.
Howie & Sharon, Yes
Piers, no

King Diamond - Singer
Audience - "X" him
They do. All of them.
Howie: Ok. You're singing was not great.
Vote: No, all round. Nick comes out.
Nope. Sorry.

Auditions that have popped

Commercials / Segment #4

Chicago's Ultimate Tumblers (CUT) - Tumblers
One hit another standing on backs, but they just did it again.
Piers: Hand the mic to that young lady... That was one of the gutsiest things I've seen in my life. Scyntelating.
Howie: Did you not get hurt? It was a little raw. In order for it to be a hit show, I want to see it choreographed without the raw edges.
Piers: I don't agree.
Sharon: Electrifying. Yes
Howie: It sounded like I was negative, I was positive (Piers: Just give us a vote)... Yes
Piers: Yes from me. Three yeses.

Commercials / Segment #5

Manchego - male stripper - to nothing
Piers buzzed.
No, all round.

Orson Hyson - Opera singer
Triumph opera
Buzzed all round
No

Allen Goowin's Balloon????? - Balloon artist
No

Marivana - Singer
Nope

Judge today - youtube.com/agt (20 acts. Winner gets to join the live shows)

Commercials / Segment #6

Meet Me at Fairfax and Third - Singer and acrobat (acrobat is 67-1/2yo)
Stands on head on a chair waving legs around, while friend sings
Piers: I don't know what to make of you two. On one level, incredibly ludicrous. I've laughed louder at you two... I loved it.
Yes. (Piers: I cannot believe I'm doing this, but yes. You two are going to Las Vegas.

First Vegas Show is next.

Cya in a minute... Ok... A couple of hours

No comments: