Wednesday, August 24, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2011) - 08/24/2011 - Semi-Finals #1 Results Show

Links:
America's Got Talent at NBC
Full Episodes, Clips and Videos
Official America's Got Talent Facebook page

12 acts performed last night. 5 will make it through to the Top 10.

The acts from which five will be picked:
Zuma Zuma
Beth Ann Robinson
Spandau Trio Russian Bar
Kevin Colis
Matt Wilhelm
PopLyfe
West Springfield Dance Team
Melissa Villasenor
Team iLuminate
Daniel Joseph Baker
Miami All-Stars
Lys Agnes

Opening Segment
Montage of last night's acts .
Demi Lovato, New Boyz, and Prince Poppycock will perform.

Howie: I thought that last night, truly was THE best talent-packed show that AGT has ever had. This top-10 will be the toughest we've ever had.

First group: Spandau Trio Russian Bar, Zuma Zuma, Matt Wilhelm, and Team iLuminate
America has voted. The act going through to the top 10 is: Team iLuminate
Sharon: I am so pleased. And your future is just going to be amazing.

Commercials / Segment #2

Orville Lounge after-show party

Demi Lavato performs Skyscraper

Commercials / Segment #3

Next Group: PopLyfe and Lys Agnes
America has voted. This is the closest result we've ever had on this show. There's less than 1% on the total. The act going through to the Top 10 is: BOTH OF YOU! [GOOD!]
PopLyfe: I'm so delighted. I just can't hide it.
Lys: Incredible. Last night was a humbling experience.
Howie: I was going crazy. Traditionally one goes home. I was waiting to be devastated. Thank you America.

Next Group: Melissa VillaSenor, Miami All Stars, and Kevin Colis
America has voted. The act going through to the Top 10 is: Miami All Stars
MAS: No way to describe the joy. What is coming next, who knows. It's a very humble and beautiful experience. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Piers: Wherever the party is tonight, I want to come. When you come back to the Top 10, just do what you do best. You are so good.

Commercials / Segment #4

Prince Poppycock performs You Know How I Feel
Nick: How has your life changed since last year?
PP: Oh, it's been amazing! I'm a professional Poppycock, now.

Commercials / Segment #5

New Boyz perform Better with the Lights Off

Last three acts:
Beth Ann Robinson, Daniel Joseph Baker, West Springfield Dance Team
Judges can only choose between two acts.
America has voted. The act leaving the competition and going home is: Beth Ann Robinson
BAR: I've had so much fun. I feel blessed just to be here.
[It's too bad. She's excellent. I hope she finds a place in show-biz, or comes back next year.]

Leaving Daniel Joseph Baker and West Springfield Dance Team
WSDT: This opportunity has been more than we've ever hoped for. We've only had 4 days the last three weeks to practice. This time we'll have two weeks. We have so much more to show you.
DJB: This has been the best time of my life, and being on the AGT stage is the first time I've ever felt I've belonged. And I hope the judges see that.

Judge's decision is next.

Commercials / Segment #6

Montage of the acts who will perform next week

Again, judges are choosing between: Daniel Joseph Baker and West Springfield Dance Team

Biggest and most important decision you've made this season.
Howie: I hate this pressure. WSDT: It is phenomenal what you did. I loved it the first time, didn't like it the next, and then you brought it back. Unlike any other act, you didn't have time to prepare. DJB: I've said it before, you are a star. But I've also said that this is the year of the dance. I'm going to have to go with West Springfield Dance Team.
Piers: Look at the names that have already gone home. I can't believe these two acts are here. Both would normally be in the finals. WSDT: We've loved you. DJB: You belong here. You know that, now. We're going to have to break someone's heart tonight. And the heart I've got to break tonight is ... Daniel. (Daniel nods.) My vote is for West Springfield Dance Team.
DJB: (Is this the new beginning of a whole new confidence for you?) Yes. It's been amazing.

So, the first 5 of the top ten to make it are:
Team iLumninate
PopLyfe
Lys Agnes
Miami All Stars
West Springfield Dance Team

Next week, the 2nd set of 12 vie for spots in the Top 10.

Cya then! ;-)

No comments: