Tuesday, August 02, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2011) - 6th Season - 08/02/2011 - Live Show #4

Links:
America's Got Talent at NBC
Full Episodes, Clips and Videos
Official America's Got Talent Facebook page

Live from Hollywood

Opening Segment
Montage of acts performing tonight

The acts tonight:
The Kenetic King
Zuma Zuma
Avery & the Calico Hearts
Charles Peachock
Sam B
Taylor Davis
Melissa Villasenior
Scott Alexander
Fatally Unique
Yellow Designs Stunt Team
Frank Miles
Team iLuminate

First up:
The Kenetic King
Took 2 days and 2 nights to set up tonight's "act" (36 hour setup time)
It didn't work.
Piers buzzed.
Howie bussed.
"If you gotta blunder you gotta blunder big"
Nick and he go around the stage setting things off.
Piers: On a scale of 1 to 20,000,000, that is hovering around the -100. I have rarely seen an act go so badly wrong.
Thinks he's going to be the biggest loser on America's Got Talent.
Howie: I don't know a lot about what you do... I know you were here for 36 hours... I say next time, don't use the glue.
"I'm absolutely baffled"
Nick: How do you feel right now. KK: Absolutely stunned. I tested it, and I still don't know what went wrong.
[That's too bad. It would have been great. He thinks humidity may have warped the sticks. 36 hours setup time, and it doesn't work. GEEZE! He can still be voted through, but there's a lot of competition left.]

Commercials / Segment #2

Zuma Zuma - African Dance/Acrobat Group
A lot of their act is on two poles tonight.
VERY cool
Audience, Sharon and Howie: Standing Ovation
Sharon: You definitely brought new elements to your act. You delivered everything with great speed and enthusiasm. And I loved the element of danger.
Howie: Dangerous and exciting.
Piers: He's right, unfortunately. That is exactly the type of male pole dancing I like. You're very exuberant and exciting, smiling all the time.
ZZ: We are so happy to be here tonight. This is the best moment of our lives.

Commercials / Segment #3

Avery & the Calico Hearts - Singing group
Stevie Wonder's "I Wish Those Days Would Come Back"
Cool. (Sharon said she thought they'd be the next big thing for girls their age.)
Howie: I don't know where this comes from and it's amazing. You should go further, but if youi don't, you are like a Saturday morning show. You should have your own show on Saturday morning.
Piers: Here's the thing. You wanted to make me smile... You did, and that's something Howie hasn't done for 2 years. To be honest, in terms of singing ability, I think you're a little early. In about 5 year's time, you will be killing it. (YOUR WRONG from the audience.)
Sharon: You really really put everything into the music. Your voices are a bit little right now, a little chipmunky, like you're on helium, but I adore you. I know you'll come back.

Commercials / Segment #4

Charles Peachock - Juggler
Howie: In the last show, he set himself on fire. How's he gonna top that?
Sharon buzzed(!)
Bouncing balls on a Keyboard.
Strips off shirt, does Jailbird Rock on the KB from behind (
Howie buzzed(!)
Piers: I don't know what they were watching. We've had lots of jugglers over the years, but I've never seen anything like that. One of the most talented juggling acts I've seen on the show.
Sharon: I felt it was very slow. I felt you were wasting time, here. I didn't get it. Then when you turned yourself into a Chip-n-Dale's...
Howie: We've seen this before. Here's the biggest problem I have. The first time you did glow-in-the-dark juggling. Then you set yourself on fire. I think you dropped a level.
Piers: I get the feeling the entire audience agrees with me.
[I thought he did a great job, especially standing ON the piano, and playing the KB backward.]

Commercials / Segment #5

Sam B - Frenetic Dancer
Sharon: I'd be interested to see what America thinks of him. That's all I'll say.
Piers buzzed
Nick gets chant going: Sam B
Sharon: Can you do one of those Sam B Cosack moves (to Nick). I'm glad you didn't change your choregraphy. I think you might become a lot of people's guilty pleasures.
Howie: I hope you do. I hope America goes to their phones, and dials your number. Don't change a move. Don't change anything. You are Sam B.
Piers: I think it's time for a reality check. I've now seen your performance a few times. And the reality is it never changes. It involves you charging around like a herd of rhinocerouses, and then falling over. I hope they do hit the phones and call ANY other act.
[I like him. I just think there will be other acts going through.]

Commercials / Segment #6

Taylor Davis - Singer
"Falling Slowly"
Piers buzzed pretty quickly.
Piers: I like you... I just think you sang it in the wrong key. I don't think you were in the right key.
Sharon: Very besutiful song. I don't think a lot of people know it. However, in this competition, you have the biggest range. Next time you come back, you've got to sing something everyone knows, please.
Howie: I like the song. I think a lot of people like it. I think that at this point in the competition, there's gotta be a wow factor. I don't know if you can make it through.
Piers: Let me ask you, how you sang it. (In key, I think I did well.) Sharon: You were.

Melissa Villasenior - Comedian/Imitator
Howie: This is the performance that makes her or breaks her.
She does: Drew Barrymore, Owen Wilson, Sharon Osborne, Brittany Spears, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, Judy Garland ("Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for all after Sharon.
Piers: Let me start by saying I think you're a very talented lady, I really think you are. However, I don't think that beat your performance in the audition and in Vegas (she didn't perform in Vegas). Some of it was great, some not so good.
Sharon: Other acts have musical productions, fire, etc. You have nothing but you.
Howie: I'm telling you first-hand, there's nothing harder than comedy. You're very talented, and you deserve to be here.
[Not bad. I've heard worse and better.]

Commercials / Segment #7

Scott Alexander - Magician
Sharon: I don't think I've ever seen a gospel choir disappear before. Very different for a magician to do that.
Howie: I want a magician to do very well. I thought you were lacking a little with your assistants, and showmanship.
Piers: I couldn't disagree more. I thought the trick wasn't fantastic, however, I thought the way you did it was pure showmanship. I enjoyed it.

Commercials / Segment #8

Fatally Unique - Dance Group
Howie: I think the dancers are relaly stepping up. I think you should move on.
Piers: The big question was have you got your act together. have you stepped up. The answer is yes.
Sharon: Strong. The choreography was really really good tonight. Your hard work... your passion, has really paid off.
[Pretty good.]

Commercials / Segment #9

Yellow Designs Stunt Team - Extreme Biking
Four onstage plus dancers
One fell right at the end. Surprised Piers didn't buzz them.
Piers: Are you disappointed you fell? (A little bit.) Normally when people fall or drop things, I buzz em. I didn't. I wanted to see how you would go from a street act to a Vegas act. You did it. You were terrific.
Sharon: If nothing else, it proves that a BMX act can work in Vegas. Very well done.
Howie: This was a temendous show. I don't want to see anyone fall or get hurt, but the fact that you did, brings more thrills to the pagentry and phenomenon.
[Was pretty damn good. Cool.]

Commercials / Segment #10

Frank Miles - Dangerous Juggler
He risks his life to celebrate that he's alive.
He's going to fire off a cross-bow, triggering 5 more. Shoots a jelly donut off his head.
The donut lived, but that was pretty daring.
Shaorn: You should change your name to Danger Man, not Frank. It was very exciting. Is it worth $1M? I think America will tell us.
Howie: Right before you shot, I heard someone from the audience say "Save the donut". You're alive, and it was exciting...
Piers: Very good trick, but it didn't work. Very impressive, but...
[Replay - It grazed the donut!]

Commercials / Segment #11

Last Act
Team iLuminate - Dance group (with lights)
The software engineer wirelessly controls the lights. She was a dancer, but was diagnosed with cancer. Developed the software.
Standing Ovation by all, including Judges.
Howie: What can I say, by far the best thing I've ever seen on this show. I think you'll go all the way. I hope they don't take for granted how great you are.
Piers: Best act tonight. Best act of the live shows. Best act in America.
Sharon: Right now you are a world-class act.
Piers: That is a million dollar act, right there. (Interrupting Sharon... She tells him to shut up.)

Tomorrow night, the results show. Four acts go through tomorrow.

Sharon: Incredible night. Unique talents. I don't know how America's going to vote, but vote, vote, vote.

Jason Derulo and Maroon Five perform on tomorrow's show.

My votes: Zuma Zuma, Taylor Davis, Yellow Designs Stunt Team, Team iLuminate

Cya Tomorrow! ;-)

No comments: