Tuesday, August 09, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2011) - 6th Season - 08/09/2011 - Live YouTube Acts

Links:
America's Got Talent at NBC
Full Episodes, Clips and Videos
Official America's Got Talent Facebook page

Live from Hollywood
Tonight is the YouTube acts that have been selected to perform live.
For many, it's the first time they've performed before a live audience.

Opening Sequence

Judge introduction.
Piers: (Hidden stars tonight?) My favorite show because anything can happen. Some are pretty good, and some have potential to go horribly wrong. we found one of the biggest new stars in America last year (Jackie Evancho).
From the 12 acts, four will go through.

The acts tonight:
TNC Elite
Brett Daniels
Gabe Rocks
Aeon
Breena Bell
Kevin Colis
Beth Ann Robinson
Gymkana
Kalani Basketball Freestyle
West Springfield Dance Team
Matt Wilhelm
Powerhouse

First Act
TNC Elite - Cloggers
To "I Got a Feeling" - Then "acapella" tapping.
Piers: I'm not a massive clogging fan. I thought the choreography could be a little tighter. General impression: Pretty Good.
Sharon: Clogging with contemporary music? I don't know. I felt they were fighting each other. You're very good at what you do, and it's great to see you performed very very well together.
Howie: I think you're really really good cloggers, but I think you need to do something very spectacular.

Commercials / Segment #2

Brett Daniels - Illusionist
Howie: He is not a young man. If he doesn't make it now, he may never.
Brett: Has a lot riding on this.
Marilyn Monroe tribue
Piers buzzed about the time I said he would say it's a little slow.
Nice. Slow, but nice.
Sharon: I'm just asking Howie where she went. I like the premise, the Marilyn schtick, but it was a little slow.
Howie: I think the magic, the illusion is unusual. I thought the performance... Do you think it went well? (Yes) Well, if you think it's gone well...
Piers: How can you (Howie) think it went well? Here's the thing. The trick was fine. It's an old trick. My problem was the middle bit, and I got a bit bored. (Howie sets off a fart machine. Piers takes exception, saying it's disrespectful to the act. Sharon laughs hysterically. Nick says that Piers is the one who farted. Piers can't go on.)
Nick to Brett: How do you think it went?
Brett: I think it went well. And I can smell that up here.

Commercials / Segment #3

Gabe Rocks - Bulldog act
Piers: Anyone that thinks that Gabe is going to make it though to the semi-finals is barking up the wrong tree.
Sets up a child's rocking horse and rocks on it. Impression of Piers (buzzing). How does the buzzer make you feel as a contestant (pee on Piers - Piers buzzed then). Waved good-bye after skateboard.
Piers: I've had a juvenile delinquent setting off stink bombs, a bulldog raising his leg on me... I can't wait to see the back of it.
Sharon: From experience, I know how hard it is to train a bulldog. Absolutely sensational. This dog is worth a million dollars.
Howie: I believe that Gabe is going to steal America's hearts. Just look at that face.
Nick: What can we expect from Gabe. (He has a lot of tricks.)

Commercials / Segment #4

Next week, the wild-card show (acts brought back by the judges)
Tomorrow, the acts going through to the semi-finals.

Aeon - Urban Acrobats
Piers buzzed
Pretty good.
Piers: Take seriously a million dollar competition. I just thought it was poorly executed... poorly choreographed. No lacking in confidence. The performance has to meet the ego. To me the egos have landed with a large thump tonight. Sorry.
Sharon: You see this all the time in parks and on Venice Beach. It was repetitive to me.
Howie: I disagree with both of them. I love that you blended what you do with music.
Aeon: I don't think they understand the physicality, precision, etc.
Piers: I understand. I just don't think it was very good.

Commercials / Segment #5

Breena Bell - Dancer/Contortionist (little girl)
Nick: Piers Morgan if you buzz her you are truly evil.
Piers buzzed
Cute. Some things too long.
Piers: I believe in keeping the competition absolutely honest. I think you're a gymnast, not a dancer. I think that this kind of act doesn't quite work.
Sharon: I think it makes you very happy when you do your act. However, saying that, I must agree with Piers, I think it's a little early for you. I did enjoy your act, and you're a delightful little girl.
Howie: I loved watching you. I do believe you have a shot of this competition ... when you're a little older. Will you come back in a couple of years? (Yes)

Commercials / Segment #6

Kevin Colis - Singer
Fiance signed him up for the competition.
Piers: He has a soul.
Good job! I liked it.
Howie: I think you did great. And I think you deserve to be here. The question I have, though, with other singers in this competition...
Piers: I'm trying to imagine how you feel. (Everything I've ever dreamed of.) You have an incredible voice. The stage performance could use some work. I think you could be two songs from a million dollars.
Sharon: Wait until it becomes second nature to you. You will be phenomenal. I agree with Piers. We are not strong on male singers. I believe you have a chance.

Beth Ann Robinson - Dancer
Howie: Always a big challenge for solo dancers to fill out a stage.
Blend of acrobat and ballet. - Nice.
Piers: I think the show's warming up. I think that was pretty good. My question is: Can a solo act like this win AGT? If it comes down to talent, grace and soul, you've got a chance.
Sharon: When you dance you float through the air. At 14 to be able to move like that, it's exceptional.
Howie: I agree. You look like you eat, breath and sleep dancing. Even if you don't go through, I think you'll be a star.
Beth Ann: I feel so special on stage. This week has been so fun.

Commercials / Segment #7

On the show tomorrow: King of the Hill, and several other YouTube sensations.

Gymkana - Acrobatic team
Typically perform in front of school kids.
Coolness!
Sharon: I cannot believe that you guys are not professional. It's amazing your coordination. It reminded me of an old Busby Berkley movie.
Howie: You come under the category of "What will they think of next?" You deserve to be here. That's amazing.
Piers: I think you showed a lot of strength and discipline. I think you have to think of repetition. Absolutely brilliant.
G: It was so much fun to share what we do with America.
[I think they have a good chance.]

Commercials / Segment #8

Kalani Basketball Freestyle - Obvious
Howie: Kalani is a one-man Harlem Globetrotter.
Piers buzzed when a ball fell on trying to do two spinning on one finger.
Howie: I'm sorry to see that last ball fall.
Piers: You're good with the juggling of the balls. I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first time, but when you dropped the second, I had to buzz you.
Sharon: You were uncomfortable, but it made me nervous for you.
Kalani: The stage is a big difference than the playgrounds in Hawaii.

Commercials / Segment #9

West Springfield Dance Team - Hip-Hop Dance Team
Howie: Dance bar has been set very high this year.
They WANT to be scary.
Piers: You're one the acts I'm most intrigued by on YouTube, but you never know. The question was could you live up to the potential I saw. The answer: yes. Good job.
Sharon: Loved it.
Howie: I said in the package before, you're gonna have to be great. I'm going to say, you are great. Good luck. I think America's gonna push you ahead.

Commercials / Segment #10

Next week Judges choose 12 wild-card acts.

Matt Wilhelm - Stunt Cyclist
Howie: Break dancing on a bike. Seems to have taken things from other acts in the years before, and combined them.
Dark and under blacklights.
Sharon: Mad Matt. Really really great act. That bike is your dance partner. I've never seen an act like this before. Very special. Very different.
Howie: America never gets it wrong. There's a reason America gave you more votes than any other YouTube act. I think you have an advantage.
Piers: Is it true you submitted your act with your cell phone? (Yes). Just like Jackie Evancho last year, you've come from nowhere. And that cell phone will take you very close to $1,000,000.

Remember, you decide who will be going through, and who will go home.

Commercials / Segment #11

Powerhouse - HS Show Choir
Sharon: Show Choirs are so in right now. I really like Powerhouse.
Firework
Howie buzzed!
Piers: In a very strange way that did make me very happy. Glee meets Star Trek meets a two-ton vat of cheese. That's the cheesiest thing I've ever seen, but it did make me very happy.
Sharon: Made me very happy. Fabulous. Loved the song, the whole nine yards.
Howie: I wasn't happy. Glee has set that bar. I thought that was very glee like. It sounds like a high-school rendition of what they do on Glee. (Well DUH Howie!)
Piers: Let me get this straight. You preferred the skate-boarding bulldog to these talented kids. (Yes.) Then we know where the bar is for Howie.

My choices: Kevin Colis, Beth Ann Robinson, Gymkana, Matt WilhelmThough I would like to see others make it, too.

Results show tomorrow night.


Cya then! ;-)

No comments: