Wednesday, August 31, 2011

America's Got Talent (AGT) (2011) - 6th Season - 06/30/2011 - Semi-Final #2 Results Show

Links:
America's Got Talent at NBC
Full Episodes, Clips and Videos
Official America's Got Talent Facebook page


The last 12 semi-finalists performed last night, and America voted. Only 5 will go through to the Top 10.

The twelve who performed last night:
The Kinetic King
Fatally Unique
Landon Swank
Gymkana
Summerwind Skippers
Snap Boogie
Anna Graceman
Steven Retchless
Smage Bros Riding Show
Professor Splash
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.
Silhouettes

Montage of last night's performances.

Opening segment
Intro of Nick & the judges

Howie: I know they (America) had a struggle. There are way more than 5 acts worthy of going through. I can only imagine what Piers said yesterday that the top 10 is going to be tremendous.

First group
Gymkana, Steven Retchless, Silhouette
Sharon: I cannot call it. Gymkana risked their lives last night for us. Silhouette... beauty. And Steven, what can I say...
America has voted. The act going through to the top 10 is: Silhouette (YAY)
S: Amazing. We're so honored.
Sharon: I am happy happy happy. And look at this little one crying. Don't cry.

Commercials / Segment #2

Orville Lounge after-show party

David Guetta with  Flo-Rida & Nicki Minaj perform Where Them Girls At
I kinda liked it, but why is it I think that if ANY act auditioning for the show had performed as they had (and others in results shows - off key, etc.) that they'd have at LEAST be buzzed by Piers, and yet he (and the other judges) give them standing ovations?

Commercials / Segment #3

Next group:
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr and Anna Graysman
[GOTTA be both]
Howie: It's so difficult to pick a winner. Anna you are a phenomenan. And Landau, what a surprise. I have no idea. And I'm gonna be devastated.
Ameria has voted. The act going into the top 10 is: Anna Graysman
Landau: I'm truly blest. I thank AGT.
Nick: What if I told you the ride isn[t over. YOU MADE IT THROUGH TOO!
HOWIE: OMG!

Next group:
Professor Splash, Fatally Unique, Summerwind Skippers, and Landon Swank
The act going through to the top 10 is: Landon Swank
Huh! He was good, though.
LS: Absolutely thrilled. Thank you all. Thank you so much for voting.
Piers: There's nothing sweeter than bringing someone back for the wild-card and have them perform as you did last night. You are one great trick from winning.

Commercials / Segment #4

Susan Boyle performs You Have to Be There

Commercials / Segment #5

Last group:
Smage Bros Riding Show, The Kinetic King, Snap Boogie
The judges can only choose between two.
America has voted. The act leaving the competition and going home is: The Kinetic King
Enjoyed his time here... Representing for the nerds.
SBRS: We've put our whole life into this, sometimes our bodies. It's a great thing to prove to everyone that there's more that comes from Wisconsin than cheese and beer.
Snap: Thank everyone. Thank the judges for my being here. I feel like I will not fail you next time to entertain. I will not fail to entertain, next time.

Judges begin deliberations

Commercials / Segment #6

So, between Smage Bros Riding Show and Snap Boogie.
5th & 6th in audience vote. Last time the judges choose who moves forward.
Sharon: I'd like to put them both through, but I can't. Smage Bros - you can see your passion. You've show to me what you do is incredible. Snap - what can I say about Snap. You've been out there week after week on your own. Its not been a family affair. That's why I am gonna vote for Snap.
Piers: Before last night, I would definitely voted for Snap. Last night I thought the Smage Brothers were sensational. Snap, I didn't like it. The question is should I vote based on what I saw last night or what I've seen before? My vote is for Smage Brothers.
Howie: Snap: You brought street to the theather. Smages - you brought real street to the theater. The question is who would I want to see? Smage Brothers.

So, America, you're top 10 from America's Got Talent are:
Team iLumninate
PopLyfe
Lys Agnes
Miami All Stars
West Springfield Dance Team
Silhouette
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr
Anna Graysman
Landon Swank
Smage Bros Riding Show

Finals next week.

Cya then! ;-)

No comments: