Tuesday, July 09, 2013

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2013 - 07/09/2013 - Hollywood/LA Auditions

NBC Highlights.

Howie is late, so it's Heidi, Mel B and Howard to start with.

Olivia Box (Singer/Guitar-player 14yo)
"As Long as You Love Me"
Mel B - That was a very interesting song choice. Be careful where you take it and don't peak too soon.
Heidi - I loved you. I liked that you belted it, then the voice of an angel, then you belted it again.
Howard - You are an extraordinary singer.
Yes, all around.

Commercials - Segment #2

Howie shows up.

Ronald Barnham (Throws plungers and makes them stick to people)
Six people with bare backs come up. He tries throwing the plungers at them and only hits two.
Three buzzes.
No, all around.

They show Howie running around in the building, "lost".

???? (Former male stripper. Rapping)
Howard - Colossal waste of my time
No, all around.

Mr Television (Bad Puns)
No, all around.

Howie finally "finds" the stage.

Commercials - Segment #3

Three guys in 3-piece suits/tuxes
Tummy Talk
A large guy comes out, takes off his shirt
The three start to drum on the guy and his belly
Mel B - There's something very interesting in what you do. But I don't know if I like how hard you hit him...
After some more discussion about the guy's "girth", they bring out Nick who strips off his shirt and suit coat, and they use him as a drum kit.
Heidi - Is it wrong that I liked it?
Howard - I've been sitting here quietly thinking about my life...
Heidi - I have to go by the crowd... yes.
Howie - Yes
Mel B - (Howie convinces her to vote yes for one more time)
They're through.

Fresh Faces (five little girls - Acrobat/Dancing)
Audience loves it.
Mel B - You five are extremely talented
Yes, all around.

Jim (Celeb Impressionist)
Yes, all around.

Break Dancing - Swallows a sword and does some dance moves
Yes, all around.

Commercials - Segment #4

Ice Skaters and Aerialists
Standing O by everyone
Howard - This is fantastic. I've been saying for years, bring back hot pants...
Heidi - It was exciting and dangerous
Mel B - Never saw anything like that before
Howie - I have seen it all. But we've never had an ice act.
Yes, all around.

Sensation (Video Mapping group)
First to see it ever.
Audience liked it ("Vegas")
Howard - Nice reaction from the crowd. I see a lot of possibility with this. I think you're onto a really good idea. I'd like to see more dance incorporated, but I liked it.
Heidi - Have to say I was a little bored.
Mel B - I was completely impressed. It has so much potential.
Howie - I think it was amazing... New and original.
Howard - Yes.
Heidi - No.
Mel B - Yes.
Howie - Yes.
They're going to Vegas

Commercials - Segment #5

New Orleans Auditions

Yashua and Daniella (Ballroom Dancers - Abt 5-6yos)
Many in audience Standing O
Heidi - Amazing.
Mel B - So on time and on point. The whole routine was just great.
Howard - Some people have it and some don't. I think you have it.
Yes, all around.

Judges talk about dancing. Howard says he was a dance instructor. They play fun music. Howie and Mel B buzz (all buzzers).

Commercials - Segment #6

Aerialist
Yes, all around.

Jimmy Rose (Singer/Guitar player)
Coal miner and 4-year US Marine Corp Vet
Original song "Coal Kept the Lights On"
Standing - by audience and judges
Howie - Thank you for your service. Far as county artist, you have a great sound.
Howard - That was a damn good song. As a programmer of radio stations I would have added your song.
Heidi - I liked it a lot.
Mel B - You have a great voice.
Yes, all around.

Commercials - Segment #7

Abel Morillo (Plays homemade instruments)
Mel B buzzed
Howard buzzed
Heidi buzzed
Howie buzzed
No, all around.

Captain Explosion
Gets into things with 2 lbs of explosives and blows it all up.
Everyone goes outside
Nick "Do NOT try this at home."
Goes to a cardboard box-like thing and gets in

We hear the explosion, but don't see it.

Commercials - Segment #8

We see the explosion
He's laying on the ground
People help him get up
He's fine
They go inside, replaying the explosion
Howard - This is a tough one. I wasn't real connected to the thing.
Howie - I think this is amazing. Unlike Heidi who doesn't like to be scared.
Mel B - The bang was frightening. The silver box was just sparkly.
Howard - No.
Howie - Yes.
Heidi - I like you and want you to stay alive. I don't want to see you blow up - No
Mel B - No.
(Howie: You're wrong. You're all wrong!)
Howie: You guys have to learn to think outside the box.

Chloie Chanel (Singer abt 11 years old)
Standing O by audience
Mel B - I have to remind myself that you're only 11. You can sing. You can really sing.
Howie - I believe you are going to have a big career.
Howard - I'm known as the mean judge. Sometimes I think people should grow up. In your case, I think you're terrific.
Heidi - Has a child ever won on AGT? (Howie: Season 1) Then I think it's about time.
Yes, all around.

Commercials - Segment #9

New York auditions

Megan Amigo (Belly Dancing Contortion)
Howard - I think you're a really good contortionist and a really bad belly dancer.
Howie - I think I understand you. Yes
Howard, Heidi and Mel - No

Puppetry Act
No, all around

"Magic Act"
No, all around

Ice Act
No

Animal sounds
No

Commercials - Segment #10

Band from Harlem in NYC
2-1-2 Green
Howard - How you feeling right now?
212 - To get love from an audience like this one
Heidi - You kept me the whole time. I wish you girls had your own moment in the song.
Howie - You kids are going places. I think you are going to have a career and I think you're going places.
Mel B - I like what I saw, a lot.
Yes, all around.

Commercials - Segment #11

Al Harris
(Comedian like Rip Taylor or Carrot-Top)
Howard and Mel B buzzed
Heidi buzzed
Howie buzzed
He keeps going...
Howard keeps trying to stop him. Howie buzzes him over and over
Finally he stops.
Howard - Al, can I talk to you. Maybe you should have opened with the Stool Softener. You remind me of Howie.
Mel B - It wasn't good for me. Audience booes.
Howie - I think you're the king of bad jokes.
Heidi - No.
Mel B - No.
Nick comes out to help him take his props out.

That's it for tonight.
Cya TOMORROW! ;-)

No comments: