Tuesday, July 23, 2013

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2013 - 07/23/2013 - RCMH, NY (Live Show #1)

NBC Highlights.

**

First live show at Radio City Music Hall (RCMH) in NY.

Judges come out on stage with the Rockettes and are introduced.

First 12 acts tonight, only four (4) go through.

Howard, about being at RCMH: Beyond my wildest dreams. This is going to be the best season of AGT, ever.

11yo Anna Christine (Singer)
"Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (slow)
Audience: Standing O
Mel B: I could tell you were a little nervous. We have to remind ourselves you're only 11 years old. I loved it.
Howie: You don't come off like your age, there's an old soul within you. You certainly have the talent. You're beautiful and beautifully talented.
Howard: You are remarkable, remarkable, remarkable. I'm evaluating you on sheer talent.
Heidi: I hope America votes for you.
[She's a good singer. We'll have to see based on the other acts tonight. She did the song wonderfully.]

Commercials - Segment #2

tellAvision (Dance Act)
Howie: Standing O
Howie: Never seen anything like it. You have flourished. You have made it worthy of RCMH.
Howard: I'm gonna rain on your parade. I think this is very artsy-fartsy. I think the dancing is slow.
Heidi: I'm so sorry. I like the idea of it. I feel like I don't have to see it again.
Mel-B: I loved it. I thought it was artsy, yes. Every five minutes, you were going "Ahh" and "Ohh". I think America's going to fall in love with it.
[These guys are a lot like some of the electronic acts from the past couple of years. They are good. However, making a television change doesn't seem to evoke the same feeling as those prior acts. Interesting way to show the story, but... We'll see.]

Commercials - Segment #3

American Hitmen (Rock Band)
Met on tour of duty
"With a Little Help from My Friends"
Howard: American Hitmen, you know fellas, I have to say that being in Iraq prepares you for a harrowing experience like being here. That's a very emotional song. I felt some of that emotion go out of it. Don't let the emotion go.
Heidi: I think you're better than this performance. I wanted to rock out more with you. I wanted it harder.
Mel B: I have to really disagree with the both of you. I really liked it.
Howie: I'm with Mel. You will get by with a little help from your friends. I hope America does it's service like you did yours.
[They did a good job, but something did seem to be missing. Maybe it was song-choice? I hope they do get through.]

Commercials - Segment #4

Special Head (Levitation)
Raised himself (Levitates), and disappears (Poof - flame)
Reappears outside on the marquee

Commercials - Segment #5

Special Head continued
Heidi: I have to say, Special Head, you are sticking in people's heads.
Mel B: I think the first couple of times I saw you, I was surprised and shocked. This time I thought it was a little funny.
Howie: You use the word special in your title. The first time, you shocked us. The second time, it was less special. Now...
Howard: Special Head has run out of steam. You can only levitate so much.
[He's very strange. The levitation is cool, but like they said, you can only levitate so much. I think Howard is right... He's run out of steam.]

Fresh Faces (Dancers)
Five little girls
"I Love It" ("I crashed my car into the bridge...")
Mel B: You're like to 2013 mini-Spice Girls
Howie: I think that you're wonderful and adorable. I think think it was an amazing dance reciting. I don't think it's the caliber of this year's show.
Howard: You're very talented girls... (He couched a negative in there...)
Heidi: My two daughters just perked up. They want to be like you. This is what AGT is all about. I love you.
[Cute, but they were running around all over the stage to try to "fill" it, and it just seemed that's all they did. (It wasn't, which is why that's a bad thing.)]

Commercials - Segment #6

Collins Keys (15yo Magician)
Tablets connected to their Twitter accounts. He reveals the words the judges tweeted.
Howie: You continue to dazzle us. I just want to hear you say that word one more time, "Touchas".
Howard: You're one of my favorites. You've been doing better and better since Vegas (huh? One show? IN Vegas?)
Heidi: I just don't know how you do it.
Mel B: Not only are you amazing, you're very likeable and very hot, too.
[Pretty good. I've seen similar before, but he's "likeable" and does a good job of it all... Could be...]

Kevin Downy Jr (Comedian)
Howard: Now we have a show. This guy's the real deal. I admire your material, deliver, and now America has someone to vote for.
Heidi: I'm sure there's an audience for this type of material, but it's not me.
Mel B: I'm like one foot in the door, one foot out. Half of it made me laugh, the other half I was a confused.
Howie: I'm with Howard. His delivery... That character... People will be doing him tomorrow...
[Relatively sexual jokes for a family show, even if on at 10PM. His delivery reminds me of Bobcat Goldthwaite... And I didn't like his most of the time. We'll see.]

Commercials - Segment #7

Arilyn and Izzy (Band)
She sings death metal. Izzy drums.
Howard buzzed.
Howard: The kids are adorable. It's time to stop the nonsense. I'm so sorry. When you see it three times, look... This is a million dollar competition. It stops now.
Mel B: You are both so cute, and then this noise comes out of you...
Heidi: It is a little bit bizzare. You start off with a sweet little voice then go into Ozzy Osborne...
Howie: If it's up to America, right now as of this week, they have had 15 million hits.
[I didn't like them to start with. I don't like Death Metal screaming. She does it well, but still...]

Commercials - Segment #8

Alexandria the Great (Escape Artist)
Straight Jacket, 25' of chain, 5 padlocks, underwater
Mel B: I've very glad you're safe. Watching it was terrifying. I'm not sure it's a full show.l
Howie: It is thrilling. I agree with you (Mel). America's going to have to vote.
Howard: You are death-defying. Late in life you're coming around to this. I think you did a great job.
Heidi: The first time you did it, I held my breath with you, and you went so much further than I could.
[Pretty good escape. I think it was a bit easier than it appeared/sounded, but then, I'm no expert. Will take America voting.]

Commercials - Segment #9

The KriStef Brothers (Hand Balancing Act)
Howie: There is no question in my mind, by far the best act of the night, so far.
Howard: Howie is right on the money. You guys come with your sense of humor. All of America is cheering you.
Heidi: The two of you are very hot. I love when hot guys are sexy enough to wear costumes like that.
Mel B: I was thoroughly entertained.
[They brought humor! I didn't know if they could but they did. This worked well tonight. America MUST vote if they liked them, though.]

Commercials - Segment #10

Hype (Hip Hop dance)
Heidi and Mel B: It didn't draw me in.
Howie: America will decide.
Howard: This was an above average performance. Was it enough.
America is going to have to decide.
[They "melded hip hop dancing to the music". I didn't think it went as well as they did. I'm with the judges. Even so, if America liked them...]

Commercials - Segment #11

Brandon James (Operatic Singer)
"You Raise Me Up"
Judges - Standing O (not Howard)
Heidi: I fell in love with your story. I'm like right there with you when you sing.
Mel B: You have such grace when you sing.
Howie: You are here trying to win $1M. In the contest, you have done more than that. You've won the acceptance of your family and America. You have raised us up as a show.
Howard: We saw the stage of RCMH. Some of the acts got swallowed up. Look at you... You took control of this stage like a pro. I think you should be very proud of yourself. That was a very moving performance.

That's it for tonight.

Cya tomorrow for the results show, where only  four can go forward to the semi-finals.

;-)

-----

No comments: