Tuesday, July 30, 2013

America's Got Talent (AGT) 2013 - 07/30/2013 - RCMH, NY (Live Show #2)


NBC Highlights.

**

Of the 12 listed, four (4) will go through.

Howie: (Advice for the acts tonight) Just do what you do and keep the idea of this being an iconic stage out of the your mind... It could make you or break you.

Innovative Force (acrobatic dance group)
Cianna Pelecai (12yo singer)
Alexander Magala (acrobatic dancer and sword swallowing w/pole)
Struck Boyz (young male dance group)
Brad Byers (danger act - sword swallowerm, stop a fan with tongue, bed of nails)
Kid the Wiz (dancer - flips his hat to his head)
Forte (operatic trio)
Angela Hoover (stand up/impressionist)
Dave Shirley (juggling/magician/ w/technology)
Marty Brown (country singer)
Aquanuts (synchronized swimming)
Tone the Cheifrocka (rapper - one-hit-wonder "Booty")

**

Innovative Force (acrobatic dance group)
Mel B: That was definitely exciting for me. I loved that you filled the stage, the costumes...
Howie: I've got to say that what you do is very dangerous with no mats and all the flying...
Howard: What you do is throw athleticism in with dancing...
Heidi: I don't think people realize how hard it is what you guys do. I love how you fill the stage... I loved how you started with the heartbeat...
IF: I think we showed America what small-town girls can do.
[Nice. Reminds me a bit of cheerleading movies with all the "flying" and catching, but they did a great job. We'll have to see.]

Commercials - Segment #2

Cianna Pelecai (12yo singer)
Standing O by audience
Howie: This is the year of youth - a lot of young people on the show this year. You have to have the whole package as a singer. You have it.
Howard: You have the whole package. I was excited for you to come out here and perform for everyone her at RCMH. You really do deserve a shot. You're a very strong singer.
Heidi: In my eyes and my ears, you can really belt it out. You're very very good.
Mel B: At 12, your voice is very very mature. I don't think you needed all that (the background vocalists and dancers). You could just come out with a guitar...
[She's a damn good singer. The problem I saw tonight is she was "stuck" on a small 3x3 (or so) "stage" (plastic block) front and center of the stage. Her background people were washed in pink and so was she. She could not do much to "fill the stage" that was not already done. I hope she gets another chance to go forward. She's good enough...]

Commercials - Segment #3

Snapple Cup design contest winner

Alexander Magala (acrobatic dancer and sword swallowing w/pole)
Howard: I want America to understand how dangerous this act is. I know you injured yourself this week, cutting yourself internally and couldn't eat for two days. You took it all the way. I'm proud of you.
Heidi: I don't know what to do... Do I look? It was disgusting, but disgustingly good. Please please be careful. Something did go wrong (tonight). (It's the focusing.)
Mel B: I didn't think I would like this, but it's the danger... I loved it.
Howie: AGT, when we describe this show, we say there are no rules. You could see (all the parts of Alexander's act), and tonight, we saw it all in you.
Standing O by Howie, a couple of other judges, and the audience.
[This guy may really injure himself trying to top his prior performances! It's very interesting AND very dangerous. I don't know... We'll see.]

Commercials - Segment #4

Struck Boyz (young male dance group)
Heidi: I think that you are so much fun to watch. I know you  have a huge fanbase. They're behaving and dancing like ...
Mel B: You are 6-11 years old, right? You are naughty boys!
Howie: So I'm looking at the offspring of the Housewives of Staten Island. You should be on TV. Here's the deal... you are in a very tough position on this show after seeing the guy who swallowed the sword and danced...
Howard: I didn't enjoy it. With your dancing you were a little out of synch. You have great personalities.
[They're good. They were a little off, but many of the dance groups are and have been, especially the young ones. But as Nick said tonight to the Struck Boyz, "Don't worry. Howard couldn't do those moves." True. And neither could a lot of America. We'll see.]

Commercials - Segment #5

Brad Byers (danger act - sword swallowerm, stop a fan with tongue, bed of nails)
Lies on bed of nails and brother drives 1000lb ATV over him.
Mel B: WHY? Why? I get that this is super dangerous, but for me, I needed a little more showmanship. Your act is dangerous, but a little more show for me.
Howie: I agree with Mel. You're doing all these dangerous things - Amazing stunts, but there's no showmanship.
Heidi: Watching the video... One minute you're at the farm, the next you're sticking your tongue in a fan.
Howard: You are the epitome of this show. Here's a guy that was literally on the farm. We didn't get the showmanship, the real "Wow".
[As a "danger act", he's good, but he's pretty low-key, so the judges are right... No showmanship. However, if he could add that, he'd have a great show.]

Commercials - Segment #5

Kid the Wiz (dancer - flips his hat to his head)
Standing O in audience
Howie: Here's the thing. I think what you do is phenomenal/original.
Howard: You're 17yo. You're fresh. If I was your manager I'd sign you up for a sneaker commercial right away.
Heidi: I'm sure kids all over America are trying to copy you right now.
Mel B: I know my kids absolutely think you're amazing. I think every teenager in America needs to vote for you tonight.
[He's a dancer. We've seen most of the moves, other than the flipping the hat to his head a lot, before. Putting that in is cool, but not sure it's enough. We'll see.]

Commercials - Segment #6

Forte (operatic singers - met online)
Standing Ovation by all (including judges)\
"There's A Place for Us" (from West Side Story)
Howard: Quality Quality Talent. We found you... We done a good job. When we met you you looked like three schlubs. You looked like an IT department. What an excellent choice of song.
Heidi: I loved it. You three filled up this room with your voices.
Mel B: I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I think some people are going to love you and some not so much. I found it kinda over-the-top dramatic.
Howie: I disagree. I got goosebumps. The fact that you found each other online. I think there is a place for you and it's in the top 10.
["Overly dramatic?" I'm sorry... What is OPERA? Come on Mel. You should know better. They are through, I'm sure.]

Commercials - Segment #7

Brad Paisley and Robin Thicke will be here tomorrow night

Angela Hoover (stand up/impressionist)
Heidi: I am offended. I don't speak that way, do I? No, you had me laughing. I wish you would have made even more fun of me being German.
Mel B: I've liked you from the very beginning. You're a woman, in control...
Howie: I think being a comedian... I know exactly what you're going through. You are a great impressionist. I didn't like the material as much, but...
Howard: I don't think you were prepared tonight. I love you, but tonight was not her strong night and I think America will agree with me.
[I don't think so, Howard. Mel and Heidi thought she did them quite well. What is YOUR problem?]

Commercials - Segment #8

Dave Shirley (comedian w/juggling/magician/ w/technology)
Mel B: I have to say that this idea is genius. We have to be very careful because the moves in and out were a little off.
Howie: I love comedya nd it's funny, but big picture, I loved television last week more than this.
Howard: You're a super-talented guy, but some of the moves were off.
[It was a little weird. I don't remember seeing him audition. He was off and out-of-place a few times. It may have worked otherwise, but something was off. I was kinda surprised no one buzzed him.]

Commercials - Segment #9

Marty Brown (country singer)
Howie: I think the emotion you felt in the intro package hurt you.
Howard: What happened tonight. You let the emotion get to you. You're a much better singer than that.
Heidi: I loved that you were serinading your wife. But I have to say I heard how nervous you were.
Mel B: I think you definitely blew it. It's not ok. Everyone is hear doing their auditions, and wanting America to vote for them, and you're much better than you did tonight.\
[He was WAY off tonight. If everyone can see the emotion he was feeling and vote accordingly, he MIGHT make it, but...]

Aquanuts (synchronized swimming)
(video tape)
Howard: Here you are at RCMH. What you do is amazing, spectacular. Will America say they want to see more of it? We'll see tomorrow night.
Heidi: I really enjoyed it.
Mel B: I like the fact that you're doing this in heals. You've modernized it. I hope America votes for it. It's different.
Howie: I did watch it on the Olympics. I don't think this performance was better than the last performance, and you have to dazzle. I hope America votes you through.
[Synchronized swimming has been around for some time. It would be great for a new act to be in Vegas doing it. It pretty much went away when Esther Williams/Buzby Berkley stopped. Yes, they'd need a new stage, but why not?]

Commercials - Segment #10

Last act tonight:
Tone the Cheifrocka (rapper - one-hit-wonder "Booty")
Howie, Mel B, and Heidi - Standing O
Heidi: I love it. I got into it. You guys are so fun. You really did write a one-hit-wonder.
Mel B: How can you not enjoy this song?
Howie: People tweat me all the time. We're looking for a hit. I wonder why this isn't already a hit. People are gonna be singing this tomorrow.
Howard: I want to thank you for waking me up at 4AM. You have a mission statement. We had a good time. You put a smile on our face. Where do you go next? That's the next big question.
[Sounds like Sir Mix-a-Lot. One-hit-wonder? Maybe. We'll have to see.]

Cya Tomorrow for the results show. ;-)

-----


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got Tone the Chiefrocca, Alexandr Magala, Forte and The Aquanuts advancing, with Innovative Force losing the Judges' Choice.

http://twentyfoursports.blogspot.com/2013/07/americas-got-talent-2013-quarterfinal-2.html?view=flipcard